What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

14 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

He gets the next start. This isnt a one game audition

There are no guarantees.

I expect Peterman to look decent.....he's very smart, pro-ready and has a confident demeanor and almost no tape on him.......the people anticipating multiple interceptions are sand-bagging/pre-excusing.........if he plays that poorly they might not want to expose him to Arrowhead or the Patriots.

If he plays terrible Tyrod will be back in the lineup before the end of season.

Ebbs and flows of the flaming dumpster with a seemingly endless feed of natural gas.

McD should have kept Watkins and Dareus and at least made an attempt to replace MG and just made Rico adjust his offense to be much more like the one they had last year.

That was the best they've had in 25 years.    That's a long time and a lot of QB's ago.   And in truth that offense was still projecting upward.

Eventually you've got to get a franchise QB but prior to the 18-1 Pats the highest scoring offense in NFL history was the 1998 Vikings QB'd by Randall Cunningham.

Being able to stretch defenses like Cunningham could with that WR corps is perhaps even MORE essential now for every team outside of the Pats.   Ask Alex Smith.  

Hopefully Nate Pete can do that..........if not back to Tyrod and back to the drawing board next April.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2017 at 10:01 AM, PIP said:

Need to know hat we have to make QB decision next year. Tyrod is not the answer for sure.

This one answer trumps all other opinions about whether or not the decision was the right one...it just doesn’t matter, because the organization knew from the start that Tyrod was not long term...every move should be about finding our franchise QB...and whether it’s Peterman or not, it was the right move...

This is what frustrates me to no end with Mike Scoop...he just doesn’t get it....his opinions are based on this season and the organizations decision is based on the next 15 years...and he is such a stubborn contrarian that he loves just going against the grain and will never give up about it...ridiculous imo

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This one answer trumps all other opinions about whether or not the decision was the right one...it just doesn’t matter, because the organization knew from the start that Tyrod was not long term...every move should be about finding our franchise QB...and whether it’s Peterman or not it was the right move...this is what frustrates me to no end with Mike Scoop...he just doesn’t get it....his opinions are based on this season and the organizations decision is based on the next 15 years...and he is such a stubborn contrarian that he loves just going against the grain and will never give up about it...ridiculous imo

What they "knew" was just their opinion.......like knowing that Deshaun Watson wasn't worth the 11th pick in the draft.

They shared that opinion with the Browns.........who traded the later pick for what is going to be a much earlier first round pick than what the Bills got........ so they even got outsmarted by the Browns when the Browns were being Brownsy.:lol:

I hope McD gets his sh*t together and can find a way to repair all the damage he's done to a once talented roster...... but let's not pretend what they "knew" was certainly anything of value.   Hasn't looked that way so far.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The sad part is many fans called those trades  bad when they happened.... and proceeded to get flamed by the head strong OBD cult on this message board.

The process is very much in question at this point.

in the unlikely event Peterman is a complete disaster....i'd say put TT back in.

in the likely event he plays decent....i'd say TT had half a season.....let Peterman have a half.

in the unlikely event he plays out of this world.....i'd say we should still draft a QB very high in draft

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

in the unlikely event Peterman is a complete disaster....i'd say put TT back in.

in the likely event he plays decent....i'd say TT had half a season.....let Peterman have a half.

in the unlikely event he plays out of this world.....i'd say we should still draft a QB very high in draft

ABSOLUTELY.

If Nate Pete plays well this season and they don't take one..........and he that turns out to be a false positive and they are putting a journeyman in at mid-season next year you gotta' fire McD at the end of the season.

After passing on QB this year he can't survive if he does it again and enters offseason of season 3 without a franchise QB.  

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What they "knew" was just their opinion.......like knowing that Deshaun Watson wasn't worth the 11th pick in the draft.

They shared that opinion with the Browns.........who traded the later pick for what is going to be a much earlier first round pick than what the Bills got........ so they even got outsmarted by the Browns when the Browns were being Brownsy.:lol:

I hope McD gets his sh*t together and can find a way to repair all the damage he's done to a once talented roster...... but let's not pretend what they "knew" was certainly anything of value.   Hasn't looked that way so far.

I agree about the Browns getting better trade value and that we missed out on Watson...but with regards to Tyrod, throughout his entire career he has shown that he is incapable of leading an offense on a consistent enough basis for a team to be successful...against the Saints he showed no will to try and take chances in order to bring the team back...while you may be correct about other parts of the team, “knowing” Tyrod is not the answer is fairly easy to see imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

ABSOLUTELY.

If Nate Pete plays well this season and they don't take one..........and he that turns out to be a false positive and they are putting a journeyman in at mid-season next year you gotta' fire McD at the end of the season.

After passing on QB this year he can't survive if he does it again and enters offseason of season 3 without a franchise QB.  

This is precisely my concern - Pete Naterman plays just ok, maybe puts up more garbage time stats against KC and NE, and McD talks himself into bypassing a QB in round one.  Given McD’s stubbornness for rolling with “his guys” and his insistence on a very specific personality type for the players he’ll put up with, don’t be surprised to see them use their two first rounders on an Eric Wood and a Donte Whitner...

i will be fine with Peterman faceplanting.   It’s almost just as good as him playing lights out.  The worst is that he plays mediocre and they still don’t know what they’ve got...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is precisely my concern - Pete Naterman plays just ok, maybe puts up more garbage time stats against KC and NE, and McD talks himself into bypassing a QB in round one.  Given McD’s stubbornness for rolling with “his guys” and his insistence on a very specific personality type for the players he’ll put up with, don’t be surprised to see them use their two first rounders on an Eric Wood and a Donte Whitner...

I doubt that, or maybe i hope not. McD could not have made the switch based on the past two games alone. Almost all QBs have bad games and you could theorize that it was just chance that 2 happened to be in a row. But that could not have been the evaluation - McD must have gone into this season trying the best to make TT work in Dennison's offense. TT had couple of good games, couple of so-so games and two absolute stinkers. He was trending downwards due to issues which were chronic and not going away. 

Without doubt you get a QB in the first round next draft. Two good QBs are better than none.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I said this a month or so ago when asked when we may make the change to Peterman. Once you make this chance you have to ride it out for the rest of the year for better or worse. Tyrod is done in Buffalo and there’s likely no going back now.

Switching back would be a bigger mistake.  

Its been a while since I looked up this stat 

incoming QBs have (had) a decent W/L % when starting.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Switching back would be a bigger mistake.  

Its been a while since I looked up this stat 

incoming QBs have (had) a decent W/L % when starting.  

Losing tomorrow pretty much puts us out of the playoffs anyhow.  Switching to the rookie should be staying with the rookie even if he is bad.  Otherwise we are Hue Jackson and the Browns and I hate what he did with their QBs.

24 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree about the Browns getting better trade value and that we missed out on Watson...but with regards to Tyrod, throughout his entire career he has shown that he is incapable of leading an offense on a consistent enough basis for a team to be successful...against the Saints he showed no will to try and take chances in order to bring the team back...while you may be correct about other parts of the team, “knowing” Tyrod is not the answer is fairly easy to see imo.

That's a randomly made up assessment that suits an agenda........ like saying John Elway was shown incapable of winning a SB after he lost a couple.   

With a system gradually built around his strengths Tyrod ran the 7th highest scoring offense in the NFL in 2016 with the fewest turnovers in modern NFL history thru 15 games.

AND lead the NFL in big plays offensively in each of his two seasons.

Tyrod is a system QB but aside from a handful most are.........and system QB's can win consistently and go to SB's.   Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick were both system QB's and faced each other in a SB.  

Can they keep you in playoff contention for a dozen years like Aaron Rodgers?  No but just because you don't have a franchise QB doesn't mean you have to break it down like the Bills have done with Taylor.

Fishing for franchise QB's can be very painful as well........ask Detroit who have had the super gifted stat piler Matt Stafford for almost a decade now and he is SOMEHOW still a work in progress as a leader/winner(5-4 record this year) and has a losing record for his career. 

The reason Taylor hasn't made a playoff appearance is bad defense.

The defense opposite his teams has been bad for 3 seasons.........they had moments on D.....but in general by the end of this season they will have yet again finished in the bottom quarter of the entire NFL in defensive DVOA...perhaps closer to 30th this year...... and THAT is what you can't do every year and expect to be successful on a consistent basis.