Should Al Franken resign

/dev/null

Should Al Franken resign  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Al Franken resign

Minnesota Lt. Gov. Smith named to fill Franken Senate seat

Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith was appointed Wednesday to temporarily fill the Senate seat of Democratic Sen. Al Franken, who resigned amid allegations of sexual misconduct and pressure within his party to leave office.

Smith, a Democrat, was appointed by Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton and will serve until a special election next year to complete Franken’s term, ending in 2020. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/13/minnesota-lt-gov-smith-named-to-fill-franken-senate-seat.html

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Republican lawmaker in Kentucky sure resigned.  He checked out permanently:

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/364829-kentucky-lawmaker-commits-suicide-after-denying-sexual-allegations-report

It's truly shocking how many Democrats (simply judging from how many "!@#$ Republicans" comments) are celebrating this guy's suicide as a victory over the Republican Party, and have already convicted him of rape so they can insist he deserved to die.  

There are far too many !@#$ed-up people in this country.  We're doomed.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's truly shocking how many Democrats (simply judging from how many "!@#$ Republicans" comments) are celebrating this guy's suicide as a victory over the Republican Party, and have already convicted him of rape so they can insist he deserved to die.  

All ideologies are susceptible to fascist group think.

Feminism has certainly crossed that line.

Apparently you cant even say women are beautiful anymore...

Its bad

They pretty much runied the best thing ppl have

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's only going to get worse until it finally sinks in that this sort of thing happens in all professions, in all walks of American life. One day people will realize that it's not just politicians, priests, and teachers, that there are sexual predators everywhere, and that it will become easier for people to fabricate accusations that can ruin just about anyone's life.

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

It's only going to get worse until it finally sinks in that this sort of thing happens in all professions, in all walks of American life. One day people will realize that it's not just politicians, priests, and teachers, that there are sexual predators everywhere, and that it will become easier for people to fabricate accusations that can ruin just about anyone's life.

But as someone here insisted to me yesterday, this is a good thing, because "it's a start."  :wacko:

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I can have my life ruined by just about anyone at a whim at this point.  And if it does happen, it'll probably be from my own family.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But as someone here insisted to me yesterday, this is a good thing, because "it's a start."  :wacko:

Well, as I'm sure you already understand well enough, what they're actually doing is "weaponizing" sexual harassment claims, and that's going to spell an awful lot of trouble for a lot of innocent people.

But of course if it brings "just one abuser to justice", then I imagine they'll be okay with it. At least until it's used on them.

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nope.

IF he's really going to step down, by delaying his withdrawl he' s screwing the people of MN over as his replacement will end up w/ even less seniority than AL's Jones.

And should he not step down, guess he's just another lying liar that tells lies.  A TRUE giant of the senate both tempermentally & via accomplishment, not to mention stature.  What's he? 4'8"? 

11 minutes ago, blzrul said:

I imagine since the Turtle is not going to seat any member of the other party while there are tax scam bills or other stuff to be voted upon.  Franken will probably go after that.

Jones can't be seated until the election is certified......................but hey.................your made up version is cute.

Alabama counties have until Dec. 22 to report results to the State Canvassing Board which is made up of Gov. Kay Ivey, Secretary of State John Merrill and Attorney Gen. Steve Marshall. The earliest the winner could be certified is Dec. 26 but it could take until Jan. 3. Once the election is certified, the official results will be sent to the Senate which would move to seat Jones.

Lawmakers will reconvene in Washington Jan. 3 after the holiday break so Jones' likely won't take office until at least that day.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/when_will_doug_jones_be_sworn.html

Edited by B-Man

So, Moore loses , thanks to Republicans not voting for him in a red state, and Al Franken still sits there.

What was that that gator said a while back ?.........this shows where the parties really are...............was he (accidently) right ? :lol:

SO MUCH FOR THE MORAL HIGH GROUND: Top Democrats Change Their Minds On Franken, Want Him Not To Resign

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24796/so-much-moral-high-ground-top-democrats-change-ben-shapiro

FTA:

Then the voters of Alabama cast Moore out into the darkness. And the Democrats have no ability to claim the moral high ground — Moore isn’t around to use as a whipping post. Which means, of course, that top Democrats now want to walk back Franken’s resignation.

Why? Because Democrats aren’t interested in wiping out sexual abuse. They were interested in the political hay to be made by pretending to care about doing so. With Moore out, that possibility is minimized. Now, Democrats could attempt to target President Trump over allegations of sexual abuse, but that strategy has little credibility after Bill Clinton,

More at the link:

Four Democrat Senators Ask Franken to Reconsider Resignation

Edited by B-Man

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, Taro T said:

So, has Al Franken chosen a date to step down yet?

Read the story about Minny's governor appointing the Lt. Gov. to replace him, but pretty sure she can't take office until he actually leaves.

So that's what you call them, dates? I think they might better be called "gropes".

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

So, Moore loses , thanks to Republicans not voting for him in a red state, and Al Franken still sits there.

What was that that gator said a while back ?.........this shows where the parties really are...............was he (accidently) right ? :lol:

SO MUCH FOR THE MORAL HIGH GROUND: Top Democrats Change Their Minds On Franken, Want Him Not To Resign

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24796/so-much-moral-high-ground-top-democrats-change-ben-shapiro

FTA:

Then the voters of Alabama cast Moore out into the darkness. And the Democrats have no ability to claim the moral high ground — Moore isn’t around to use as a whipping post. Which means, of course, that top Democrats now want to walk back Franken’s resignation.

Why? Because Democrats aren’t interested in wiping out sexual abuse. They were interested in the political hay to be made by pretending to care about doing so. With Moore out, that possibility is minimized. Now, Democrats could attempt to target President Trump over allegations of sexual abuse, but that strategy has little credibility after Bill Clinton,

More at the link:

Four Democrat Senators Ask Franken to Reconsider Resignation

Democrats are two-faced lying pieces of trash?!? Who knew!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That creepy Michelle Bachman is thinking of running to replace him, lol 

She's harmless.  I actually thought this was the best election night analysis.  Bullet proof cause and effect.  By the way, the NYT gave Trump a 20% chance and 538 gave him a 25% chance.  The Bills had less of a chance at making the playoffs last weekend. 

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

She's harmless.  I actually thought this was the best election night analysis.  Bullet proof cause and effect.  By the way, the NYT gave Trump a 20% chance and 538 gave him a 25% chance.  The Bills had less of a chance at making the playoffs last weekend. 

Another pro-lifer who wants to take away people's health care. Disgusting scam to grandstand morally while acting totally immoral

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:
If Mitt Romney runs in Utah, he’ll win — but don’t expect an anti-Trump hero
Salon, by Matthew Sheffield

Original Article

Hey Salon, don't rain on the Lefty lemmings parade................................:lol:

We will probably know by how he runs. Will he call out Trump for smearing the integrity of law enforcement? Will he make a stand against those in the GOP that want to aid in obstructing justice? Will he stand by and say nothing about totally unqualified judicial nominees being sent up for lifetime appointments? 

And and of course, you twit, Salon won't hail Romney as a saviour. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We will probably know by how he runs. Will he call out Trump for smearing the integrity of law enforcement? Will he make a stand against those in the GOP that want to aid in obstructing justice? Will he stand by and say nothing about totally unqualified judicial nominees being sent up for lifetime appointments? 

And and of course, you twit, Salon won't hail Romney as a saviour. 

He won't need to call out Trump to win. Frankly won't won't need to say much at all.   So when Comey announced they were re-opening the Hillary investigation in October, was law enforcement acting with integrity in your view?

15 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He won't need to call out Trump to win. Frankly won't won't need to say much at all.   So when Comey announced they were re-opening the Hillary investigation in October, was law enforcement acting with integrity in your view?

No, Trump is hurting our national institutions because of his criminal behavior. He is attacking pillars of our society because he is a criminal. That's what criminals do. 

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I can't wait to see the campaign commercial promises of Armageddon the DNC ads will shout.

We barely survived the inauguration apocalypse, the sheer devastation wrought by net neutrality, and the end of all life with the tax bill. I'm excited to see what kind of dumbshit the libs will dream up next.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:
If Mitt Romney runs in Utah, he’ll win — but don’t expect an anti-Trump hero
Salon, by Matthew Sheffield

Original Article

Hey Salon, don't rain on the Lefty lemmings parade................................:lol:

Wait, didn't Romney give some broad chick cancer?

So how many millions of innocent Americans died TODAY because of the Armaggedon unleashed by Trump?

can you imagine trying to count on these bozos screaming this every day when a real crisis ever hit?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No, Trump is hurting our national institutions because of his criminal behavior. He is attacking pillars of our society because he is a criminal. That's what criminals do. 

I know some sore losers but you are the polesitter in that regard. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Except the pillars of your society have all been turned to salt.