Should Al Franken resign

/dev/null

Should Al Franken resign  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Al Franken resign

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what a freaking nightmare for the guy

all kidding aside, he must be in total disbelief that HE was the chosen one tossed under the bus for harrassment

Most people that do wrong think they are not guilty. Child molester guy hasn't skipped a beat down there 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This story will be so forgotten after next Tuesday as a child predator gets elected. Dems have seized the high ground 

Hardly. Dems are simply doing this to put pressure on Moore and Republicans now and after the election should Moore win.  Also to support a narrative against Trump.  Once all this dies down, Dems will return to supporting their own regardless of character issues if it suits them politically. 

Oh, and expect more well timed accusers of Trump to surface at the right time politically. 

Franken may run for President in 2020. 

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what a freaking nightmare for the guy

all kidding aside, he must be in total disbelief that HE was the chosen one tossed under the bus for harrassment

Timing is everything. 

20 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

I can see the coming headlines...

"Franken Resigns, Now Trump?"

"Can Trump Survive Franken's Resignation?"

"Nation Believes Trump Should Follow Franken's Lead"

Those are all spot on. 

Edited by keepthefaith

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Didn't you hear ?

The democrats...................that's right, the democrats, (The party of JFK, Clinton, Teddy K., Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, John Edwards, Elliot Spitzer, Anthony Weiner, et al)

are now the party of moral purity because (after years of doing nothing) they have pushed out Conyers and Franken.

At least that is what the Left Media will try and convince the simpletons out there...........:lol:

"Look at the GOP, they are supporting perverts like Moore, while we get rid of them"

No, no.........never mind those decades of abuse.........................LOL

Well, that prediction didn't take long.

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess a comedian should have better timing

with what he knows went down with the famous and rich all through the late 70s and the 80s right through today

and HE is tossed into a volcano???

Well, this is the Al Franken Decade (look it up on SNL you tube you youngsters).

Giant of the Senate !  :lol: That shrimp is shorter than me and i am 5'4"- I actually saw him passing by on the street in Sacramento, CA back in 2006.

Have you ever resigned by telling your boss that at some future unstated date you would be resigning?

This is democrat B.S. pure and simple

Nothing has changed since the first 6 accusations,

now..........all of a sudden.....10 or so senators decide that he has to go......

sympathy for women being molested..................No.......political calculation.

Oh and Al, stick around until after the special election...........okay ?

The Left is so simple and predictable it is painful.

This is beyond parody.

Opinion: Franken’s resignation shows that only one of our two great parties has any integrity

Okay maybe one:

DQfW5GqUIAAaLsi.jpg:large

Well crap...................that just took 15 minutes for the WAPO's crazy statement about the dems to be beaten by the even crazier Chris Matthews !.......................there is (apparently) no bottom to their delusion

MSNBC's Chris Matthews: ‘The Worst You Can Say About Democrats Is They’re Too Pure’

Edited by B-Man

Two reminders for our newly pure, preening, progressives....................

Franken hasn’t actually resigned yet and this is all intentionally deceptive political theater until he does 

None of this wouldn't have happened if Minnesota had a Republican governor.

Integrity my ass...........save that for your low information base.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The Left is so simple and predictable it is painful.

This is beyond parody.

Okay maybe one:

DQfW5GqUIAAaLsi.jpg:large

Well crap...................that just took 15 minutes for the WAPO's crazy statement about the dems to be beaten by the even crazier Chris Matthews !.......................there is (apparently) no bottom to their delusion

Asinine.  They're the party that rigged their own primary.

How do people believe this ****?

Christ. The lamedickiest thing the Ds have done...in 2 weeks...is try to turn kicking Al Franken out into a political strategy for 2018.

I will disabuse you D with 1 ?: When's the last time a Democrat running for office mentioned Anthony Weiner? 

What, are the Dems gonna trot out Al Franken as Paladin of the Moral High Ground in 2018? :lol: Rs could only be so lucky. No, more likely, the smart Ds see to it that Al Franken is never heard from again...exactly like Anthony Weiner...until his wife's name brought his up again.

This is all a hilarious hubris. Kristen Useless Gillibrand...trying to make a name for herself, after being hand-picked to take Hillary's Senate seat, because before she was a Hillary shill, who ignored the entire reason MoveOn.org exists? Ask Gregg/Rhino: would anybody in Hollywood, besides the soap operas, buy this script? :lol: 

Please. It's a laughable tactic. It will fail. I can prove it: let's count the # of times ANY D says the words "Al Franken" from AUG-NOV-2018. Sure they will say Roy Moore. That's beside the point. How many times will they actually invoke Franken's name? 

THEY DIDN’T REALLY WANT HIM GONE, THEY JUST NEEDED THE APPEARANCE OF ACCOUNTABILITY:

Democratic senators and staffers shed tears during Al Franken’s resignation speech.

Of course, he didn’t resign, merely announced his intention to resign at a later date. We’ll see what happens after Roy Moore is elected, or not.

Even CNN’s Chris Cilizza is calling it “Al Franken’s totally unapologetic resignation.”

“Franken’s speech was defined primarily by his lack of any real apology and the clear bitterness he carries for being pushed out amid allegations that he had groped several women and forcibly tried to kiss others.”

But does a promise to resign at an unnamed later date establish the moral ascendancy the Democrats are after here?................... (NOPE)

2 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I just had my first discussion with a friend who says "now that the Democrats have cleaned up the party, it's time for Trump to resign too." 

It’s nice of you to be a friend with someone who has an IQ below 80.

The best laughter is they are attacking Pence for his personal very wise code of conduct.

it is impossible for them to believe that someone has a marriage where a spouse is faithful to vows and commitments.

how polluted and cynical are the minds of the media and Dems??

Edited by row_33

liberal second thoughts ?..............................what a surprise.............................not really.

Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) is going to resign…in the coming weeks. The Left is trying to reclaim the high ground (was there any?) with this move. Franken is expendable. His replacement will be a Democrat and in the meantime, they can redirect pressure on President Trump and the Republicans. Right now, the high target is Roy Moore, the Alabama Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, who has serious allegations of sexual molestation and assault against him. His alleged victims are teenage girls. What comes of that depends on how Moore does tomorrow in Alabama’s special election. While the polls in that race are all over the place, Roy Moore could very well win.

Yet, back to the Frankenstein fallout, eight women accused him of sexual harassment; there’s photographic evidence for one of the accusers. He took to the Senate floor, didn’t apologize, and called his accusers liars. Now, that he’s gone, some on the Left are worried that his exit could be bad for women. The Washington Post’s Ruth Marcus noted that his exit could be bad for women. She said we could be seeing the excess of this sexual harassment reckoning with Franken’s resignation, adding there should be zero tolerance for such lewd behavior, but does every incident deserve the political death penalty. Marcus made these points on MSNBC last Thursday. She was on a panel with host Andrea Mitchell. Newsbusters clipped the exchange:

Clearly inspired by veteran NBC journalist Tom Brokaw’s sermon warning of the dangers of “rushing to judgement” on the over half-dozen different charges of sexual harassment against Democratic Senator Al Franken, both Andrea Mitchell and Washington Post Deputy Editorial Page Editor Ruth Marcus rode to the rescue to back him up.

MITCHELL: Indeed, and Ruth Marcus is here. Ruth, you have written and thought about all of these issues very deeply. Al Franken was even being discussed as a potential 2020 candidate. His best-selling book had come out. He was, really, in the, you know, the prime of his political life … MARCUS: We are in the middle of this revolution, and in every revolution there are moments of excess. And I have some real serious concerns about whether this is one of them here. Representative Conyers, Senator Franken, they dealt with them.

Not being cynical. I do wonder if Franken’s colleagues would be coming out like this if a Republican was the governor of Minnesota

In short, the rule was simple: if you’re liberal and commit egregious acts of sexual misconduct, you can stay because you vote the right way; Gloria Steinem and her feminist legions said so. Well, that reckoning has come—and Franken certainly thought he could survive in that respect. This was a man who didn’t want to go, but was forced into the guillotine. I think that is what’s bad for women, so-called allies who feign caring about this issue.

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

In short, the rule was simple: if you’re liberal and commit egregious acts of sexual misconduct, you can stay because you vote the right way; Gloria Steinem and her feminist legions said so. Well, that reckoning has come—and Franken certainly thought he could survive in that respect. This was a man who didn’t want to go, but was forced into the guillotine. I think that is what’s bad for women, so-called allies who feign caring about this issue.

You forgot about Donald J. Trump, Farenthold, Barton... but I guess they don't count in your "alternative facts" campaign!!!

Ohh, and ROY MOORE #@!@#.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

8 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You forgot about Donald J. Trump, Farenthold, Barton... but I guess they don't count in your "alternative facts" campaign!!!

Ohh, and ROY MOORE #@!@#.

Show the proof?  And beyond that, what did Franken do exactly?  That photo looks terrible but it's not enough to find him guilty.

This **** will let the Dems gloat and !@#$ up 2018 so majorly it'll be comedy.

God, what a **** show in this country.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:22 PM, B-Man said:

AL FRANKEN ON SENATE FLOOR: Denies allegations; attacks Trump, Moore; resignation in “weeks.”

The "moral" person would have resigned immediately.

This is just to help the democrat party.

Still waiting on the Donald to man up.

How fast he turned ....  I knew Roy would lose.  SMH   

image.png.3a58a7ccf79231ce0537f3ff572c13b8.png

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and today's tweet is pretty straightforward............surely you don't mean to re-write history do you ?

it's pretty common knowledge who Trumpy pushed for in the primaries...........the Left even laughed at him for not being able to get "his man"

:lol:

kUuht00m_normal.jpg Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!

Edited by B-Man

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

image.png.3a58a7ccf79231ce0537f3ff572c13b8.png

Shocking.  Trump tosses a loser overboard as if he never supported him.   What's next?  Trump's hair is orange?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

and today's tweet is pretty straightforward............surely you don't mean to re-write history do you ?

it's pretty common knowledge who Trumpy pushed for in the primaries...........the Left even laughed at him for not being able to get "his man"

:lol:

PLEASE for the love of God stop buying this sham artists bull ****.  

My comments have little to do with politics but towards a man who is a HUGE blowhard

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

PLEASE for the love of God stop buying this sham artists bull ****.  

My comments have little to do with politics but towards a man who is a HUGE blowhard

Why.................there is no argument that he is a blowhard..........that's my usual description of him.

As to your funny over-reaction of me "buying it"..........why are you getting upset.?

I am not buying anything......................it is a well established fact who the Trumpster first supported,

and (since you did not post his tweet after referencing it)..........I did.

Edited by B-Man