ESPN Claims Taylor claiming racial motivation for benching?

oldmanfan

2 hours ago, Hurricane Marv said:

But he didn't actually play the race card or say anything, so you two are using this thread to fume over a completely unrelated political issue.

May as well yell at some clouds while you're at it.  You're angry, we get it.

Im not angry at all Marv.

Now if you were driving slow in the left lane and refusing to get over...I’d get angry.

4 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Saw this.   Don't hear any race stuff 

I'm surprised they both thought it was the right move and laid the exact reasons out why.  Especially Stephen A Smith.  Much different than most of the other national commentators I've heard.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the last 10 years or so, not that hard to see what it's getting at for outreach to non-fan bases.

This is a joke, right?  Sorry, ESPN is "Entertainment and Sports Network".  That's not "mainstream media", liberal or not.

10 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

HE'S HAD 2 1/2 YEARS!!!!! 

I'm a Tyrod fan, but, god damn the media is out of their mind. Thank God I stopped watching ESPN and FS1 shows. 

Indeed.  And he's playing like crap in this offense.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is a joke, right?  Sorry, ESPN is "Entertainment and Sports Network".  That's not "mainstream media", liberal or not.

ESPN is a media outlet.

ESPN is in the mainstream.

Which of these statements do you take issue with?

5 hours ago, Albwan said:

the benching has triggered the liberal msm, its hilarious.

proof positive of the insanity:

"Tyrod Taylor benched, Twitter loses mind"

BS. This didn't even enter my brain. This has absolutely nothing to do with race, liberalism, c'mon cut that crap out. Whoever said this about race, did it for ratings and sensationalism.

Tyrod had 3 years here. That's plenty of time to show what's up. He didn't do anything. I wanted him gone after his first year here just because his style of play doesn't work in the NFL. Tyrod runs too much and he's too CONSERVATIVE with throwing the ball. He barely throws the ball. I knew. I hate conservative players. Most of you guys didn't back at the old message board.

JMS2009, where you at? Your guy is officially finished here in Buffalo. I have no problem with you defending him, but you took it to another level making personal attacks. It's over. You lost.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ESPN has forced a ton of non-sporting stories endlessly upon those of us just wanting a final score to a game, for a long time now.

All with political motivation that is against what sports fans care about.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FTF on the same wave.

This is absolute pandering and race baiting at its finest. 

Anyone suggesting this should be terminated including Mike Schopp if as was said he attributed race as a factor in the decision. Only today are these idiotic allegations tolerated.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of disagree  - can you work with me a minute?

There's a significant difference between saying overall, a group is held to a different standard, and attributing a specific occurrence to membership in that group.

Example: overall, it can be shown statistically that successful Asian admittees to Ivy League schools have 120 pts higher SAT scores than their Caucasian counterparts.

That implies that in fact, they probably are being held to a different standard - at a guess, preferential admission for athletes and legacies.  There's a broad pattern.

But if one specific Asian applicant says "I was denied admission because I'm Asian", that's playing the race card and it doesn't follow at all from the general pattern.  Maybe that specific applicant wrote a sucky essay, or maybe plays squash and violin in a year where they're oversupplied with both and looking for bowling and oboe.

So it could be true, overall, that Black QB are held to a different standard, scrutinized more carefully, criticized more readily.  (I don't know if it is, work with me here).

Then at the same time, even with that broad pattern, Tyrod Taylor got benched due to performance issues (which he did).  Pointing out the broad pattern he believes he's observed, is not the same thing as playing the race card with regard to his specific circumstance.

Hi. I am NOT going to get embroiled in this conversation! No no newp wont do it.

BUT, I read the article with Tyrod and Kimberly Martin and there was pretty close to zero ambiguity in it that he was saying he, himself, personally, believes there is racism against him, specifically in the press. There was no other plausible way to interpret one or more of the points he made in that one story.