Peterman Starting... Who was right (poll)?

Paulus

Will Tyrod start another game for Buffalo?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyrod start another game for Buffalo?

I was way off... But, not as far off as most.

Honestly, there were a good chunk of fans who had the switch almost perfectly nailed. Congratulations!!! You truly know the Bills.

Added a new poll. I think Tyrod will start again at some point, this year. Peterman will get hurt in game 15, forcing Tyrod to lead a game 16 win and a playoff loss. Haha!

Edited by Paulus

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

How the devil should I know?

Just a chance to go on the record...

The early season poll shows the level of delusion in some of the board posters. And, conversely, the posters who might know what they're talking about.

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

can we see what happens sunday before seeing these type of threads?

What is wrong with this thread? It is based on a poll as to when Tyrod would be benched. He just got benched.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well I am old and frankly do not remember this thread but thanks for pointing that out.

hehe - me too - no problem!!! - and I can't remember what I said the first time so there's also that!

I know I _wanted_ Peterman to start early, and even had my own poll about how good Peterman would have to play week 1 in the event of TT's concussion not clearing in time.

Barring injury Taylor is done as a Bills QB. I really wish now they had thought of this before the trade deadline. That said, does Tyrod have enough trade value in the off-season to make it worth exercising his option in order to flip him for a pick?

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Barring injury Taylor is done as a Bills QB. I really wish now they had thought of this before the trade deadline. That said, does Tyrod have enough trade value in the off-season to make it worth exercising his option in order to flip him for a pick?

Great question - wouldn't that screw them on their 2018 cap though?

In my mind one potentially good thing about moving on from Taylor - even if they decide they need to draft a QB first round - is that it would clear enough money to keep both KB and Matthews where currently the talk has been that they won't b/c of money.

Edited by BobChalmers

4 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

hehe - me too - no problem!!! - and I can't remember what I said the first time so there's also that!

I know I _wanted_ Peterman to start early, and even had my own poll about how good Peterman would have to play week 1 in the event of TT's concussion not clearing in time.

actually I just looked myself. went through the small number votes. did not see my name. then the 56 vote list, did not see my name? my eyes deceiving me?

• Last Guy on the Bench

•  
Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Great question - wouldn't that screw them on their 2018 cap though? ...

i'm not sure but i believe as long as Tyrod is not on the roster by the third day of the league year, then we are only on he hook for 1mm.

Edited by Foxx

Make no mistake!

Tyrod is finished as a Buffalo Bill!  That is 100% certain.

The only qualifier is what could happen if Peterman is injured and misses games, later this year.

Tyrod would then be in the strange situation as coming in as the backup.

TT will be back in the second half of the LAC game.

Either Peterman will be hurt by then cuz the OL sux or he will have thrown 2 pick 6's "anticipating" WR being open whatever one thinks that even means aside from throwing into coverage.

As a Bills fan I hope I'm wrong, but making TT the scapegoat for the NYJ and NO losses is dishonest by this coaching staff at the very best. They did not have the Bills ready to play in either game - OBVIOUSLY - Ok maybe on the road - but the NO debacle was home. It's on them. Team was 5-2 and looking good on both sides of the ball.

TT did not allow 47 and 34 points...

This is insanity.

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Right after the last 2 games his trade value has plummeted. It was stupid to keep him if we knew Dennison was gonna run his system without adapting to taylors strengths and weaknesses. Bad move. I hope the switch pays off and we make the playoffs.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:25 PM, moshermw said:

TT will be back in the second half of the LAC game.

Either Peterman will be hurt by then cuz the OL sux or he will have thrown 2 pick 6's "anticipating" WR being open whatever one thinks that even means aside from throwing into coverage.

As a Bills fan I hope I'm wrong, but making TT the scapegoat for the NYJ and NO losses is dishonest by this coaching staff at the very best. They did not have the Bills ready to play in either game - OBVIOUSLY - Ok maybe on the road - but the NO debacle was home. It's on them. Team was 5-2 and looking good on both sides of the ball.

TT did not allow 47 and 34 points...

This is insanity.

Haha!!! This dude nailed it.

• Like (+1) 1

I was wrong. I thought McDermot knew what he was doing and was basing his decision on who he thought had the best chance to win and I thought he was basing that off of what he saw in game and in practice. I was wrong and he was wrong. The thing is I am not an NFL coach just a fan. I believe it was Marv Levy that said something similar to this "coaches that listen to what the fans want are the ones that will be joining the fans in the stands"

Edited by Leonhart2017

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Haha!!! This dude nailed it.

So did this dude - written before the game today:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744427-by-benching-tyrod-taylor-bills-are-committing-the-cardinal-sin-of-coaching

"It took a pair of blowout losses, the crumbling of the Bills defense and the buckling of their offensive line to finally give McDermott and Beane the excuse to do what they have wanted to do from the start: commit the two Cardinal Sins of Coaching in one fell swoop by inserting "their guy" the "pocket passer" at quarterback over the scrambler from the last regime.

Not familiar with the Cardinal Sins of Coaching? Oh, you know them when you see them:

• Cardinal Sin One: Coveting the Pocket Passer over the Scrambler.
  • Cardinal Sin Two: Filling the Roster with Your Guys Instead of the Best Guys.

Cardinal Sin One is the great sin of our age, the one that brought the plague of Tom Savage and Mike Glennon types upon the league, among other issues far beyond the scope of this column."

Edited by moshermw
added quotations for the excerpt from the article