Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

Just now, JM2009 said:

It's a lot different. We have the sixth seed now, with games against the Chargers, Colts and Miami. 8-8 could be enough. Much different.

Last year at this time, 6 AFC teams had above .500 records.  Today, 6 AFC teams have above .500 records.

8-8 will never be enough.  Every year someone says it could be enough and it never is.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Interesting take by Schein.

Adam Schein is a dope. Most of the media are bozos. No idea is the move will work but one thing that was certain was that’s Taylor was way too limited to do anything significant. He is what he is, .500 QB. 

Just now, dubs said:

Adam Schein is a dope. Most of the media are bozos. No idea is the move will work but one thing that was certain was that’s Taylor was way too limited to do anything significant. He is what he is, .500 QB. 

His point is that he's an upgrade over Bortles and with the Jags D they'd be much better.  

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It's not that much different from last year.

Way way different........just before the jets game there was an excitement that we havent seen in a while with this team.......with Rex's team last season we were just watching the train wreak of a defence sputtering out wieek in and week out.......it was bad...

6 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

25-37, 325 yards, 3 TDs, 0 int

Man, that is truly wishful thinking, especially because Bills will be facing Bosa and Ingram. So, let’s be a bit conservative, also a Rookie’s best friend is a good running game. So, how about 19-28, 234 yds, 1 TD 1Int, but because of his use of WCO, running game breaks 100 yds again, and they get 2 rushing TDs and a FG, so 24 points.

Edited by BigBuff423

Just now, JPP said:

Way way different........just before the jets game there was an excitement that we havent seen in a while with this team.......with Rex's team last season we were just watching the train wreak of a defence sputtering out wieek in and week out.......it was bad...

We actually won 4 games straight with Rex's team.

Time flies, huh?

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Just don't want to miss a solid opportunity to be the sixth seed in a bad AFC.

Well, I think Peterman will open up the playbook, I think our receivers are going to be much more productive, hopefully that opens up running lanes for Shady. It's to early to put to much on Peterman right away, I don't think he will be as productive as Tyrod but at this point we need to see what we got in Peterman because Tyrod is never going to be that guy in Buffalo. It's pretty obvious Tyrod is gone, it makes sense for the future to go with Peterman but I think it hurts our chances this year.

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Man, that is truly wishful thinking, especially because Bills will be facing Bosa and Ingram. So, let’s be a bit conservative, also a Rookie’s best friend is a good running game. So, how about 19-28, 234 yds, 1 TD 1Int, but because of his use of WCO, running game breaks 100 yds again, and they get 2 rushing TDs and a FG, so 24 points.

Been a long 30 years for me...lol

I just want them to be good again, like we all do.

Just now, Perk71 said:

Been a long 30 years for me...lol

I just want them to be good again, like we all do.

Haha!! For all of us my man, for all of us...and I think Peterman has a chance to be good in Rico’s Offense, not to say he will be but I like his skill-set and what he does naturally. However, only time and actual demonstration will prove that out...so with hope, we wait.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Weeks 3-6, we allowed point totals of 18, 0, 19, and 16.

Are you sure you watched the games?

2016-against playoff teams , the defense gave up an average of 33 points. The offense averaged 25 points. The defense Sunday was even worse than any Ryan defense we had.

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, I think Peterman will open up the playbook, I think our receivers are going to be much more productive, hopefully that opens up running lanes for Shady. It's to early to put to much on Peterman right away, I don't think he will be as productive as Tyrod but at this point we need to see what we got in Peterman because Tyrod is never going to be that guy in Buffalo. It's pretty obvious Tyrod is gone, it makes sense for the future to go with Peterman but I think it hurts our chances this year.

And all of this will help our defense as well

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His point is that he's an upgrade over Bortles and with the Jags D they'd be much better.  

I get it, but it’s an absurd ‘hot take’, IMHO. 

Taylor isn’t getting any team to the SB. Maybe the 85 Bears. He’s just way too easy to game plan against and when you get deep into the playoffs, the teams left usually have both the players and coaches to completely neutralize a TT. 

9 minutes ago, dubs said:

Just a ridiculous hot take. Modern media excels at sensationalism meant to garner clicks. Tyrod may or may not be an upgrade over Bortles, but Super Bowl contender with Tyrod is absurd. Does anyone really believe that TT would beat Brady or Roethlisberger in a playoff game? 

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Last year at this time, 6 AFC teams had above .500 records.  Today, 6 AFC teams have above .500 records.

8-8 will never be enough.  Every year someone says it could be enough and it never is.

The AFC is bad this year. We beat the right teams this year so far in Oakland and Denver and the one Jets win. Miami is bad, Baltimore isn't very good. 8-8 or 9-7 will get the sixth seed.

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Just a ridiculous hot take. Modern media excels at sensationalism meant to garner clicks. Tyrod may or may not be an upgrade over Bortles, but Super Bowl contender with Tyrod is absurd. Does anyone really believe that TT would beat Brady or Roethlisberger in a playoff game? 

Oh man, virtual jynx!

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Weeks 3-6, we allowed point totals of 18, 0, 19, and 16.

Are you sure you watched the games?

So your actually comparing the team from 2016 from the team we seen this season really??  We won those 4 games because of our offence and not the defence.....remember

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The AFC is bad this year. We beat the right teams this year so far in Oakland and Denver and the one Jets win. Miami is bad, Baltimore isn't very good. 8-8 or 9-7 will get the sixth seed.

The Broncos win will more likely end up meaningless. 

8-8 will certainly not get the sixth seed.  I'd bet my life on it.  It won't happen.

1 minute ago, JPP said:

So your actually comparing the team from 2016 from the team we seen this season really??  We won those 4 games because of our offence and not the defence.....remember

We won a game where we held the opponent to zero points "not because of the defense?"  What?

I'm saying the 2016 season looked semi-promising and then turned to ****.  Yes, I'm comparing it to this season where we looked promising and turned to ****.  I don't see why that's unfair.

Edited by jmc12290

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

8-8 will certainly not get the sixth seed.  I'd bet my life on it.  It won't happen.

We won a game where we held the opponent to zero points "not because of the defense?"  What?

OMG man really......your talking about the New England game minus Tom Brady,,,,,minus Garrapollo and they were starting their newly found 3rd string QB in Bissett........nice try......dont your remember watching that game either.......like i said if we had rex continuing his coaching with this team instead of McD nobody would be talking about WC etc etc.......

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I'm saying the 2016 season looked semi-promising and then turned to ****.  Yes, I'm comparing it to this season where we looked promising and turned to ****.  I don't see why that's unfair.

The Bills are right now in the drivers seat for that sixth spot. Beat the Chargers, Miami twice, and the bad Colts team at home, no one will top that 9-7, 7-5 AFC record.

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I hope not. Now I’m worried that TT will pass for over 150 yards in a playoff gam. 

No, I mean because we posted the same thing at the same time. Two posts passing in the night. 

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

The Bills are right now in the drivers seat for that sixth spot. Beat the Chargers, Miami twice, and the bad Colts team at home, no one will top that 9-7, 7-5 AFC record.

I agree.....as long as we somehow maintain this and hope for the other teams to lose  here and there.........thats why i agree too the chargers game is key now......would of liked to have beaten the jets but oh well

Just now, JPP said:

I agree.....as long as we somehow maintain this and hope for the other teams to lose  here and there.........thats why i agree too the chargers game is key now......would of liked to have beaten the jets but oh well

This is a huge game Sunday.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think the TEAM blows.

They started out hot and teams have caught on. trading the better young talented players on the team only made it worse. 

Basically what they did was turn a talented team that needed a few adjustments(mainly better coaching on the defensive side of the ball) and morphed it into a 3 year rebuild project....for no apparent reason. 

Most fans(at least I think)will be on board this year no matter how many losses they rack up to close out the season, but if they don't start out hot in the 2018 campaign it will get ugly and once again the wheels will spin. 

I basically agree with your take on this and have generally hated the way they have stripped the team of young talent in order to get "their" guys and run "their" system. Tyrod in last year's offense with abetter defense this year would clearly have taken them to the playoffs.

But unfortunately, we're in the McDermott/Beane era now, and I figure I either have to give up on the team for a while (I was close to being at that point) or hope they can get enough of their own talent on the field to win some games. Under those circumstances I think playing Peterman over Tyrod (who is not suited to the kind of offense Dennison is insisting on running) is a good move, and it's given me at least temporary hope that it will bear fruit. 

Intersting tidbit---Peterman, Jones and Dawkins all played together in the Senior Bowl and Jones was definitely Peterman's favorite target...I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones go over 100 yards this week for the first time...Peterman definitely has some comfort level with him.

Edited by matter2003

9 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Haha!! For all of us my man, for all of us...and I think Peterman has a chance to be good in Rico’s Offense, not to say he will be but I like his skill-set and what he does naturally. However, only time and actual demonstration will prove that out...so with hope, we wait.

If he isn't the answer at least they'll know going into the off season.