Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, didn’t he have 10 win seasons back to back before.....going all Chip Kelly?

This is my glass half full side working hard. 

Yes, that appears to be true. He also was handed GM powers (final 53) when he first got there, and at that time was the third coach to have such powers (Belichick & Carroll being the other 2). 

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I just saw this.

I'm here and good, bro  :thumbsup:

I like Tyrod, but I'm a Bills fan.  Taylor and the entire team were just awful on Sunday.  I like this move because (I hope) McDermott views this as a necessary shot in the arm for a team still in playoff contention.

But everyone who wanted Tyrod out wins.

Good for you guys!!! 0:)

#prayingforPeterman

I’m just happy we never have to see another “Tyrod throwing to the deep or intermediate middle part of the field” thread again.

This move shouldn’t be about who was right or wrong. It’s about is this the best move for this team and can we still win enough games to make the playoffs. I was confident Tyrod wasn’t the answer so this move does nothing for my ego. It just confirms what I already knew. Now we can see what Peterman brings and I’m hoping it’s a playoff appearance.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I just saw this.

I'm here and good, bro  :thumbsup:

I like Tyrod, but I'm a Bills fan.  Taylor and the entire team were just awful on Sunday.  I like this move because (I hope) McDermott views this as a necessary shot in the arm for a team still in playoff contention.

But everyone who wanted Tyrod out wins.

Good for you guys!!! 0:)

#prayingforPeterman

I hope he does well.Playoff spot on the line. 

2015: RBs had 59 catches; WRs and TEs had 234 catches.

2016: RBs had 73 catches; WRs and TEs had 213 catches.

2016: RBs have 57 catches; WRs have 102 catches.

The ratio gets worse every year. I somehow don't think that Taylor got worse in this regard either.

The difference? We have a new coordinator, obviously, but the replacement of Watkins, Woods, and Hogan (a FAR better player than fans here gave him credit for) in 2015 with what we have now has been a huge factor. The receiver group got worse every year, whether through departure or injury.

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’m just happy we never have to see another “Tyrod throwing to the deep or intermediate middle part of the field” thread again.

This move shouldn’t be about who was right or wrong. It’s about is this the best move for this team and can we still win enough games to make the playoffs. I was confident Tyrod wasn’t the answer so this move does nothing for my ego. It just confirms what I already knew. Now we can see what Peterman brings and I’m hoping it’s a playoff appearance.

Chargers, Miami twice and the Colts wins should get them in. I hope this works. I sure hope the line doesn't kill him.

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe there are some examples out there, but I can’t think of another front office that made so many bold moves so quickly. They are NOT afraid to act on what they think. Now....how does it turn out? 

....Savage got benched for Watson......Glennon for Tribusky........37 different QB benchings in Cleveland......Hoyer for Bethard.......BUT....ONLY Buffalo is "committing the cardinal sin of coaching"....go figure......

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Taylor is not traditionally a dump-off passer; his ypa is actually pretty good and he has pushed the ball down the field in the past. The last two games have been different, but they don't represent the norm.

That's why you have to tip your hat to the Jest and the Saints. Their front sevens played a very disciplined system that kept TT in the pocket where he is most uncomfortable. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That's why you have to tip your hat to the Jest and the Saints. Their front sevens played a very disciplined system that kept TT in the pocket where he is most uncomfortable. 

.....why was Dennison so insistent on his "system" versus taking advantage of TT's physical attributes?......he did so in a couple of games with rollouts, play action, etc and it was effective....UNLESS this was an audition for 2018 whereby it's MY way or the highway".......any insight?......

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don't think Dennison is very creative and certainly not creative enough to make use of Taylor.  He's produced one offense in all his years that put up points comparable to what we scored last year.

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Excellent news, good decision McD

Long overdue. Good news. We all knew we needed more than Tyrod's athleticism. Our wr's better be prepared for the ball to be right there out of their break.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I don't think Dennison is very creative and certainly not creative enough to make use of Taylor.  He's produced one offense in all his years that put up points comparable to what we scored last year.

I honestly don't think McD will stick with Dennison much longer. He's seen too many personnel and play calling mistakes.

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The thing is, Taylor has done well against that same Jets defense in the past with a better receiving corps.  He oversaw two nice victories in 2015 and  had 30 passes for 297 (9.9 ypa) yards in a 37-31 loss in early 2016.

Edited by dave mcbride

32 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL at everyone who's excited about this and thinks this gives the Bills a better chance to win. 

Same old Bills. Clicking buttons without a plan. 

I like your plan better, proclaim Tyrod's a top 10 qb and ignore all the poor play.   

Lol at that.  

28 minutes ago, simool said:

I keep hearing this 5th round rookie bs... Ask New England how that worked out for them... Brady was a 6th round, 2nd year QB, who had gone 1/3 the previous year.

Thats 1 completeion and 3 attempts FYI

This is not a good comparision.   Brady is ONE example of this in 30 years.    There are dozens of inexperienced late round rookie quarterbacks that aren't ready.  Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, Matt Flynn, and that is off the top of my head, how many have been forgotten?

Different scenario, in early 2001 the Patriots were not supposed to contend.   Brady started out of sheer necessity when Bledsoe and their backup at the time(Huard) both got hurt.   They were not a contending team, they were not 5-4 with a healthy starter.   

The benching would make sense if there was a 1st or 2nd round pick waiting in the wings or even if you had a veteran like Glennon or Hoyer and wanted to give the team a spark.   Just because you have a second quarterback on the roster does not mean that they area a lock to be any better.   I support Peterman now and will be cheering for him on Sunday.  , I hope I am wrong and that he does well, I just see it as more likely to be a disaster than not. 

As I was driving home Steve Czaban and crew were talk about the switch 

first words out I have not seen a lick of any Bills game but this is a throw in the towel move. 

The they mentiomed how Mike Rodak ripped Tyrod.  

1 - If you haven’t watched you can’t say squat 

2 - good on Rodak 

maybe he’ll enjoy covering the Bills now.  

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

I like your plan better, proclaim Tyrod's a top 10 qb and ignore all the poor play.   

Lol at that.  

I hope Peterman plays well, esp. since this game is huge for a playoff spot. If it is TT last game, he goes out 20-18 and a winning record. But I enjoyed those 20 wins, unlike you. If Peterman has a bad game, should I post CoP to you? Wouldn't like that, would you Crusher? But I wouldn't do that. I have no agendas.

2 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

This is not a good comparision.   Brady is ONE example of this in 30 years.    There are dozens of inexperienced late round rookie quarterbacks that aren't ready.  Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, Matt Flynn, and that is off the top of my head, how many have been forgotten?

Different scenario, in early 2001 the Patriots were not supposed to contend.   Brady started out of sheer necessity when Bledsoe and their backup at the time(Huard) both got hurt.   They were not a contending team, they were not 5-4 with a healthy starter.   

The benching would make sense if there was a 1st or 2nd round pick waiting in the wings or even if you had a veteran like Glennon or Hoyer and wanted to give the team a spark.   Just because you have a second quarterback on the roster does not mean that they area a lock to be any better.   I support Peterman now and will be cheering for him on Sunday.  , I hope I am wrong and that he does well, I just see it as more likely to be a disaster than not. 

Doesn't matter where you're picked, once you're in, you're in. Peterman has probably been out practicing Tyrod and certainly looks poised to outplay him. To watch the last two games and think we are contending for anything but a top 10 pick is asinine.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

As I was driving home Steve Czaban and crew were talk about the switch 

first words out I have not seen a lick of any Bills game but this is a throw in the towel move. 

The they mentiomed how Mike Rodak ripped Tyrod.  

1 - If you haven’t watched you can’t say squat 

2 - good on Rodak 

maybe he’ll enjoy covering the Bills now.  

Rodak is a NE fan. His opinions on anything Bills are biased.

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

I hope Peterman plays well, esp. since this game is huge for a playoff spot. If it is TT last game, he goes out 20-18 and a winning record. But I enjoyed those 20 wins, unlike you. If Peterman has a bad game, should I post CoP to you? Wouldn't like that, would you Crusher? But I wouldn't do that. I have no agendas.

IMG_7542.JPG

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The thing is, Taylor has done well against that same Jets defense in the past with a better receiving corps.  He oversaw two nice victories in 2015 and  had 30 passes for 297 (9.9 ypa) yards in a 37-31 loss in early 2016.

Looks like the Jest, who have a good D line, have made some adjustments. 2015 was a long time ago; eons in football time. 

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Doesn't matter where you're picked, once you're in, you're in. Peterman has probably been out practicing Tyrod and certainly looks poised to outplay him. To watch the last two games and think we are contending for anything but a top 10 pick is asinine.

Well, I hope the move works. What are they going to do to get a pass rush and better run defense before Sunday?

Just now, JM2009 said:

Well, I hope the move works. What are they going to do to get a pass rush and better run defense before Sunday?

Doesn't matter, they can control what they can control. Right now they've got a guy coming off the bench that stands to help the team win. And hey, if the defense doesn't have to play for 43 out of the 60 minutes, they might hold up.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Looks like the Jest, who have a good D line, have made some adjustments. 2015 was a long time ago; eons in football time. 

The Jets defense was great in 2015 - a LOT better than it is now.  9th in points allowed, 4th in yards, and 5th overall in defensive DVOA. They are 19th in DVOA this season. The difference? The absence of Watkins/Hogan/Woods. 

38 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Dumb move, just plain dumb.   Yes, Taylor looked bad but the offensive line and defense are atrocious over the last two weeks.

This might make sense if we were 2-7 but this is a 5-4 team and they are starting a 5th round rookie who barely has 50% completions when playing in preseason and garbage time.     Taylor needs to get better, but the line has been disgraceful over the last two games, at least Taylor can run,  Peterman stands no chance behind that turnstile factory. 

Despite the rough last two weeks, Buffalo could potentially beat fellow wild card contender San Diego, be 6-4 and right back in the thick of the hunt with four division games left.   That is not a time to mail it in.  This is going to backfire big time.    

Were not mailing it in.  They made the move because they felt Peterman gives them the best chance to win.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

True or not 

if he’s right he’s right 

Go lol Go Bills when you have the play

Bills 

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Doesn't matter, they can control what they can control. Right now they've got a guy coming off the bench that stands to help the team win. And hey, if the defense doesn't have to play for 43 out of the 60 minutes, they might hold up.

I hope all goes well, but we do not know what Peterman will do Sunday. This is his first real NFL game that counts. Not pre season or garbage time. Huge difference. I hope he plays well because a playoff spot is on the line Sunday. A Chargers loss and the sixth seed is done.

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

...damn well better be Frazer's wake up call.....and NO it's NOT the Dareus trade....he was <40% of the snaps and the D was fairly consistent......BOTH Frazier AND Dennison need wake up calls as I don't see where Dennison's offense exploited TT's physical talents consistently OR even remotely close.....something just ain't passing the smell test there IMO....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...damn well better be Frazer's wake up call.....and NO it's NOT the Dareus trade....he was <40% of the snaps and the D was fairly consistent......BOTH Frazier AND Dennison need wake up calls as I don't see where Dennison's offense exploited TT's physical talents consistently OR even remotely close.....something just ain't passing the smell test there IMO....

Yep. I hate the Tolbert plays, and we have 0 pass rush the last few games, even in the wins.

Just now, JM2009 said:

I hope all goes well, but we do not know what Peterman will do Sunday. This is his first real NFL game that counts. Not pre season or garbage time. Huge difference. I hope he plays well because a playoff spot is on the line Sunday. A Chargers loss and the sixth seed is done.

I love how everyone keeps throwing around garbage time. I'm pretty sure Taylor saw a bunch of garbage time in the Saints game and he was still going no where. So even there, you have an apples to apples comparison and Peterman did more in two drives than Tyrod did the whole game.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The thing is, in clear running situations he was in there (most plays are passing situations!). Teams adjust game plans accordingly when they know they have to face a guy like him who is extremely difficult to move even with two blockers on him. NO linemen were moving the Bills DTs with ease in one-on-one situations on clear running downs.  The percentage of plays really isn't an indicator.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Weird that people valued a guy that was barely playing to begin with.

5 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Yep. I hate the Tolbert plays, and we have 0 pass rush the last few games, even in the wins.

....Tolbert, Dennison & Frazier are turning out to be the Moe, Larry & Curly gang of this team.......Dennison & Tolbert remind me of OC Clements and his 3rd and 27 "Shaud draw" up the gut...YAWN....see what the hell the Cadet kid can do.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Past few games? We're 2nd to last in sacks. No edge rushers to speak of and a very weak linebacking corps.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

I love how everyone keeps throwing around garbage time. I'm pretty sure Taylor saw a bunch of garbage time in the Saints game and he was still going no where. So even there, you have an apples to apples comparison and Peterman did more in two drives than Tyrod did the whole game.

TT has played in 38 games with 20 wins. All that counted. And he's had his share of decent garbage time scores. Peterman has done nothing in this league yet. But hopefully the coaches know what they are doing.

Just now, Luka said:

Past few games? We're 2nd to last in sacks. No edge rushers to speak of and a very weak linebacking corps.

They actually started out pretty well with sacks. I think Carolina they had six.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Tolbert, Dennison & Frazier are turning out to be the Moe, Larry & Curly gang of this team.......Dennison & Tolbert remind me of OC Clements and his 3rd and 27 "Shaud draw" up the gut...YAWN....see what the hell the Cadet kid can do.....

Cadet should be better.

11 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

I appreciate what TT tried to do for the Bills. Loved his athleticism. But we know his obvious and glaring flaws. He probably was always going to be a .500 qb. I think after 17 years we're entitled to an opportunity to try to get better.  Nate might fall on his face or become Cousins. I think he's closer to Cousins than Trent or JP.

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

TT has played in 38 games with 20 wins. All that counted. And he's had his share of decent garbage time scores. Peterman has done nothing in this league yet. But hopefully the coaches know what they are doing.

They actually started out pretty well with sacks. I think Carolina they had six.

Cadet should be better.

If they had 6 in one game, that means they've had a total of 8 sacks in 8 games...