Instead of bashing Tyrod, how about a shout out to the D......

Billsfan1972

I think most of blame on Taylor is because we do not have a dominate defense.  Still the offense needs to help the defense and vise versa.  Neither side of the ball is dominate.  To win both side of the ball have to be oppurtunistic.  Against a very good team you cant keep going 3 and out.  When you are down more than 10 points you cant throw the check down for mutliple 3 and outs.  The defense was gassed and NO smelled blood and pounded the d into submittion.  Does that happen if TOP is even or the score is closer idk.

• Like (+1) 3

Well that's offense had the ball and only scored a field goal in three quarters. How about sustaining drives to help the defense out. The defense has helped the offense all year. Taylor is just not good. McD will start him and probably have the same result. He is to in love with TT.

23 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Held Brees under 200 yards and no td passes.......

Saints scored on a 94 yard 10 rushing plays TD......  Incredible when broken down.......Rushes of 11, 10 ,9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6, 7.........

It was like watching a high school team get crushed...not a pretty day.  

This week it was Tyrod/the entire offense. As someone who has backed Tyrod for the past few years. This past game against the saints showed how badly we need a QB. We were still in the game at 14-3 before halftime with almost 2 minutes and we went 3 and out.

This is coming from someone who hates watching poor defensive play, but this isn't the 2000 ravens. 

Just now, dulles said:

Oh that's right...Wannstedts 401k took a dump, so he padded his income for a couple years at our expense.  I guess I had blocked that from my memory!

I try too, but.... I retain useless crap all the time. I wish I could just eternal sunshine that piece of my life :lol:

33 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I don't know, sustained drives and controlling the clock could help the defense some and I'm thinking it keeps the opponents offense off the field as well, no?

They didn't punt all game. From the opening possession the Bills couldn't stop them

5 minutes ago, dulles said:

Who was the DC when we had a strong safety playing MLB?  43 is the MIKE!  43 is the MIKE!

Perry Fewell maybe? I know what you're talking about. I can't even remember the player's full name; Think it was something Scott? 

This day in age he would have a position as they're are more tweeners in football this day. 

How do you

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Perry Fewell maybe? I know what you're talking about. I can't even remember the player's full name; Think it was something Scott? 

This day in age he would have a position as they're are more tweeners in football this day. 

You seriously don't remember Bryan Scott? He was awesome. Always did everything he was asked, and he didn't play MLB, he played outside LB sometimes.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How do you

You seriously don't remember Bryan Scott? He was awesome. Always did everything he was asked, and he didn't play MLB, he played outside LB sometimes.

I feel ashamed now. Also, I didn't state he played MLB. I knew he played OLB though. 

But, I got the last name though. I was 22 when he first came to the Bills. Pretty much spent those few years away at school in a drunken blur :lol: 

Edited by Captain Murica

12 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

perry fewell was great    this was like wanstedtdtddd.   

1 minute ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

"At one point, the Saints called 24 consecutive rushing plays because there was no need to pass." Says it all. Bills are a laughing stock of the NFL. Run. Stop the freakin run. What could be more simple and fundamental to football at any level? 

This just about says it all.....................Yikes, on those stats.

22 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I am not saying that TT was good enough yesterday....but he frankly could have done all that and we STILL would have lost.......literally could not stop them at all

Some people just refuse to admit the team sucks and not just the QB. Yes Tyrod sucked yesterday, I don't think there is much arguing there.

But the Saints got 300 yards rushing and did not punt once. But some people believe that's TT's fault as well because the offence couldn't get a few more first downs... If the offence got a few more first downs, maybe the Bills could have held the Saints in check to 250 yards on the ground and maybe 1 punt?... lol.  Just mind boggling that the defence is getting somewhat of a pass from some people

Edited by billsfan11

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Held Brees under 200 yards and no td passes.......

Saints scored on a 94 yard 10 rushing plays TD......  Incredible when broken down.......Rushes of 11, 10 ,9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6, 7.........

I watched this one with my dad, who has been a Bills fan since the start of the franchise and a football fan longer than that. Question: have you ever seen a team go 94 yards without throwing the ball?  I know I haven't. He couldn't remember ever seeing that before either.

Question: what's the record for the longest TD drive all on the ground (not counting one with a 40+ yard single run or some such thing)?  Ideally we can break it down by pre-merger/post-merger days. I can't imagine we've had anything longer in the post-merger days. Maybe the Csonka-Morris Dolphins?  Anyone know?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

not so much about blaming Tyrod as understanding he just isn't good enough.  Time to move on 

Agreed.

Not interested in roasting the guy. He seems like a pretty good dude...hard working, gives his all, but just not the answer.

2 hours ago, dayman said:

Nobody is ignoring the defense but Tyrod wasn't pushing to bring us back hard enough. He's got to sling it, if they aren't open they aren't open...still throw it in times like that.

I'm not ignoring Hotrod. Not a good game by him. But blaming him for the D not being able to stop the run is silly IMHO.

EVERYONE Has to do a lot better if we want to win any more games this year.

Both were terrible.  Reality of the situation is that replacing Taylor is easier to fix the offense and make the games barrable.  Most dont have the ablility or the time to determine if the run defense issues are personal scheme or the percentage of each.

Seemed to me the defense was going for the ball too much and not getting the guy on the ground. As the game wore on the line coudnt get off blocks and they where getting a hat on a hat play side and that was it.  Im not a fan of Humber.  He is not playing the same way after his injury.  I would go with Milano.  I would also consider utilizing a 3 saftey nickel.  Use Hydes versatility and put him in the slot and put elston on the field.  His tackling ability will be needed in the box.