Every Nate Peterman throw from the Saints game

HappyDays

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NXibjvq9LyE&feature=youtu.be&a=

I turned the game off at the end of the 3rd quarter so I hadn’t see Peterman’s passes. I came away from this video very impressed.

I know, I know. It’s garbage time, some of the Saints backups were on the field, they didn’t game plan for Peterman, etc. Say what you will, he makes good quick decisions and he is mostly accurate. His first drive would have kept going if Benjamin doesn’t drop the ball on 3rd down or if Dennison remembers you can pass the ball on 4th and short. His 2nd drive is an impressive looking TD drive where even the incompletion to Thompson shows promise (good pre-snap read and a quick throw that he just misses with Thompson getting mugged).

I think Tyrod goes to a different team next season that is willing to design an offense around his skill set. If this is the offense we are going to run, Peterman seems to fit it better. If the pass game looks bad against the Chargers I don’t see any reason he shouldn’t get a shot.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NXibjvq9LyE&feature=youtu.be&a=

I turned the game off at the end of the 3rd quarter so I hadn’t see Peterman’s passes. I came away from this video very impressed.

I know, I know. It’s garbage time, some of the Saints backups were on the field, they didn’t game plan for Peterman, etc. Say what you will, he makes good quick decisions and he is mostly accurate. His first drive would have kept going if Benjamin doesn’t drop the ball on 3rd down or if Dennison remembers you can pass the ball on 4th and short. His 2nd drive is an impressive looking TD drive where even the incompletion to Thompson shows promise (good pre-snap read and a quick throw that he just misses with Thompson getting mugged).

I think Tyrod goes to a different team next season that is willing to design an offense around his skill set. If this is the offense we are going to run, Peterman seems to fit it better. If the pass game looks bad against the Chargers I don’t see any reason he shouldn’t get a shot.

Peterman reads the field quickly and trusts what he sees. He trusts his arm and trusts his teammate to make the play.

Things an NFL quarterback needs to be successful.

Things that the current starting quarterback does not have. As a result, the current starting quarterback will never be successful in this league.

I agree 100%, if Tyrod does not move the offense I see no reason why you do not bring Peterman in and see if he can do better.  If this team is still serious about playoffs you need to put your best options on the field.  The rest of the season teams are going to put 8 in the box and dare the team to throw.  Tyrod had Benjamin and Clay and a full compliment of receivers and still couldn't find a open man.  I was happy to keep Peterman on the bench this season, but the last two games are showing the limitations on Tyrod.  It is not illogical to say lets see if Peterman can lead (or at least see some quality game time) now so McBean know what he needs to look for with all those draft picks. 

Wow a QB that actually knows how to drop back, plant, and throw. You know...what they teach you when you are in pop warner! Don't give me that crap that it was garbage time. The entire second half was garbage time and Tyrod couldnt complete a pass past the line of scrimmage. He is a gimmick. Not a real QB. Peterman doesn't have the best arm but at least he runs the play as called.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks for the link!  I too had turned the channel and missed Peterman's plays.

I am done watching Tyrod. Every snap yesterday I heard myself screaming "throw the damn ball"!

Time to find out what we have in Peterman.

Garbage time? Yes. But the dude hit Benjamin without any problems and probably has thrown absolutely zero times to him in practice this past week. You know TT took every chance to build a chemistry with this guy and did nothing with it. Peterman comes in and hits him with ease, while barely warming up. I just can't get passed it. 3 targets the first drive, then nothing? We've seen the same thing with Watkins / Woods the last few years as well. TT just can't stay in a rhythm with his receivers, or loses trust in his ability to throw it to them. It's almost like he thinks he'll get picked off if he throws it to them too often. Some kind of psychological barrier is preventing him from making those plays. Love the guy, but damn dude just get out of your head and throw them the ball.  

While the QB rating would probably go down by a switch, stylistically it likely helps out everyone else on the offense.  The O-line knows where the QB is going to be and that the balls going to get out quicker.  The WR know to look for the ball coming out of breaks and the RB will not have to deal with a stacked box.  It would also open up the screen game since the defense would have to back off since they couldn't roll with single coverage on both outside receivers.

Yeah pretty tough to evaluate, but I really like what saw there. I know the Saints were not prepared for him and were in a soft defense, but the anticipation and reads were great. Gotta remember that Peterson hasn't had full go in and out practices with the first team too.  If I'm the coaching staff I make the change now, giving Peterman full reps with the first team. Give him time with KB, Clay, and JM and we could be pleasantly surprised.  It's time to move on from Taylor.  I really don't see how it hurts anything either.  If the game is too much for Peterman and we break him....oh well. He's a 5th round draft pick after all. We then take another QB early next draft that best fits our system and let the rook and Peterman battle it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod threw for 56 yards. That's right. An NFL quarterback threw for 56 yards. If you ask me he just played himself right out of a starting job. Peterman looks sharp and delivers the ball. He deserves a chance. If they don't make the switch now then I don't want to hear Coach McD and Mr. Beane utter one word about accountability nonsense.

Edited by bmur66

6 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

You know TT took every chance to build a chemistry with this guy and did nothing with it

Simply not true. TT clearly managed to not hit KB for a TD on the first drive and a first down on the very next pass.

You can’t take that away from him.

???

7 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Garbage time? Yes. But the dude hit Benjamin without any problems and probably has thrown absolutely zero times to him in practice this past week. You know TT took every chance to build a chemistry with this guy and did nothing with it. Peterman comes in and hits him with ease, while barely warming up. I just can't get passed it. 3 targets the first drive, then nothing? We've seen the same thing with Watkins / Woods the last few years as well. TT just can't stay in a rhythm with his receivers, or loses trust in his ability to throw it to them. It's almost like he thinks he'll get picked off if he throws it to them too often. Some kind of psychological barrier is preventing him from making those plays. Love the guy, but damn dude just get out of your head and throw them the ball.  

Exactly! I just mentioned this as well. You have to think about practice too. Peterman has had little to no time to build any kind of chemistry with any of our first team receiving options. That's a huge factor imo.