Peterman vs. Chargers?

Watkins101

19 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I would.  WAYYYYYYYY to early to give up on the season and start evaluations for next season.  They are 5-4, not 0-9.

you have it backwards.  starting Peterman would be trying to save the season.  starting Tyrod is giving up on the season

19 hours ago, kdiggz said:

you have it backwards.  starting Peterman would be trying to save the season.  starting Tyrod is giving up on the season

So you are saying that based on seeing some garbage time play by Peterman, that you think the Bills coaching staff, who has seen Peterman and Taylor both all season starting back in the summer, are so inept that can't tell that Peterman is the better QB?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

So you are saying that based on seeing some garbage time play by Peterman, that you think the Bills coaching staff, who has seen Peterman and Taylor both all season starting back in the summer, is so inept that can't tell that Peterman is the better QB?

anyone with a pair of eyes knows that Peterman is a better QB.  Tyrod is a better athlete.  totally different discussion

On 11/12/2017 at 7:43 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman's first start will be vs. the Colts in Week 14 when the Bills are 5-7.

I think this is probably right, but I also think McDermott knows they need to win this next game at all costs for a shot at the playoffs.

If Taylor is hot garbage again, I could see Peterman starting the 2nd half.

Both Chiefs and Pats are probably Ls anyway in McDermott's eyes so if they can use those games to get Peterman ready for the last quarter of the season, I could also see him starting the Chiefs game.

Again, it depends on how Taylor plays against Chargers. But he has alot going against him IMO. He's got no ties to the coach or FO. It will not be hard for them to move on.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, Watkins101 said:

You have a proven vet, who the team elected as a CAPTAIN is suddenly reduced to a clipboard holder. It could create division between supporters of the desicision and those against it. This could create large tension

Exactly. The only way Peterman gets the job this year is if Tyrod gets hurt. 

On 11/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, ddaryl said:

This OL would get a QB killed...  TT makes them look better at times but Shady has no where to run most times .. Peterman would  probably get destroyed

Actually TT makes the OL look MUCH WORSE.  He holds the ball longer than any other QB in the league - that does not help.

Peterman, in fact, makes the OL look fine, because he gets rid of the ball very quickly.

The Saints game looked a lot like the Ravens preseason game.  Taylor gets mugged taking too long against an aggressive defense, Peterman comes in and immediately makes quick reads and throws which takes the teeth out of the pass rush.

13 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

So you are saying that based on seeing some garbage time play by Peterman, that you think the Bills coaching staff, who has seen Peterman and Taylor both all season starting back in the summer, are so inept that can't tell that Peterman is the better QB?

BULL.  Taylor was also playing in garbage time and STILL COULDN'T move the ball.

Same situation as Baltimore preseason game, except that time Taylor was hurt so he left early, and AGAIN Peterman's quicker decisions backed the pass rush off enough to get the offense moving.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:51 AM, ddaryl said:

I agree... TT has become the 2nd coming of captain checkdown

He's worse than Captain Checkdown - Taylor takes the sack more often than he checks down.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:44 PM, mjd1001 said:

I agree with this 100%.  If Peterman plays and loses, at least it is something different.  I know what I get with Taylor..and to me what I get is bored.

With that said, I want to see Peterman play.  However, I can't blame the coaching staff much if they don't play him right now..I don't expect it.  If the Bills lose 2 of the next 3 (or all 3), then at THAT point I would expect Peterman to start vs the Colts. If that doesn't happen, THAT is when I'll be really upset.

At that point then Beane needs to step in and tell McDermott they have to figure out how badly they need a QB in the 2018 draft.  IE they HAVE to figure out they have in Peterman before next April.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:11 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Too late for what? You really consider this a playoff team?

This is what I'm thinking.  Even if our more optimistic earlier assessment of this Bills team had proven true, it was probably not more than a borderline playoff team.  The real target is the 2018 season when the offensive and defensive schemes will have been well learned and Beane will have had enough time to add additional scheme appropriate and higher quality talent.  

I recall McDermott saying that Peterman was "ahead of his years" during camp.  Now, you have Kelvin Benjamin saying that Peterman doesn't play like a rookie.  For cryin' out loud, what are the Bills waiting for?  We've seen other rookies have success at QB.  There's no more reason to wait.  This can be a playoff season if McDermott acts now to put Peterman in as starter.  If not, you'll continue to see a team that plays w/o confidence because they know their QB can't get it done - eventually, you'll see the team completely quit under Taylor.  It doesn't need to go this far.  Do the right thing and put Peterman in now and let him take it the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Taylor will start and won't be replaced against the Chargers unless the offense is as pitiful as it was vs the Saints halfway through the 4th quarter.

McDermott already played this card and won't go there again. Trentrod's leash got shorter last week. Another clusterf**k from him and he probably gets the hook after one glorious quarter. The Bills can't afford to lose this one.

11 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Actually TT makes the OL look MUCH WORSE.  He holds the ball longer than any other QB in the league - that does not help.

Peterman, in fact, makes the OL look fine, because he gets rid of the ball very quickly.

The Saints game looked a lot like the Ravens preseason game.  Taylor gets mugged taking too long against an aggressive defense, Peterman comes in and immediately makes quick reads and throws which takes the teeth out of the pass rush.

After watchng the Peterman tapes I agree... Those quick passes are paramount to a succesful Offense in this league

On 11/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, Fadingpain said:

Where's "Kelly the Dog" and assorted other "experts" who scoffed at the idea of Peterman playing.  Why is it that often the most vocal people around here are the most clueless? 

Of course he should play (nothing to lose) but I don't think he will.

You were saying? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

You were saying? 

My point remains valid; I think he should play b/c we have nothing to lose.

We lose today against Chargers no matter who plays QB, hopefully you understand that.

Our defense is broken and Tyrod doesn't move the ball or generate points.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Epically ironic!  

It was foolish for you, Kelly the Dog, Kirby Jackson, and other "experts" (meaning you watch football on TV) to suggest it was wildly crazy for a Bills fan to suggest that maybe Peterman should play, because it would never happen, in your opinion.  

Your position, effectively, was that if these "foolish" posters knew more about football, like you and McD and the Bills professional coaching staff, they would understand that Peterman is not ready and therefore will never start a game this year.

Kelly the Dog specifically plastered this forum with his smug musings on this point for quite a while.

The very fact that Peterman actually played and was started by this coaching staff proves you wrong and suggests your smug, self-important attitude is totally erroneous.

Yet again.  

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

My point remains valid; I think he should play b/c we have nothing to lose.

We lose today against Chargers no matter who plays QB, hopefully you understand that.

Our defense is broken and Tyrod doesn't move the ball or generate points.

It was foolish for you, Kelly the Dog, Kirby Jackson, and other "experts" (meaning you watch football on TV) to suggest it was wildly crazy for a Bills fan to suggest that maybe Peterman should play, because it would never happen, in your opinion.  

Your position, effectively, was that if these "foolish" posters knew more about football, like you and McD and the Bills professional coaching staff, they would understand that Peterman is not ready and therefore will never start a game this year.

Kelly the Dog specifically plastered this forum with his smug musings on this point for quite a while.

The very fact that Peterman actually played and was started by this coaching staff proves you wrong and suggests your smug, self-important attitude is totally erroneous.

Yet again.  

:lol:

You're the TSW equivalent of the Peanuts teaching talking. Wah wah...wah wah wah. Can't hear you.