Sam Bradford Headed for Knee Surgery and IR; Bridgewater Activated

Wait for the offseason as rules changes will occur to they to protect QB’s even more.  There is way too much money riding on these guys to have them in the medical tent and off the field.  Personally,  I’m not sure what else can be done other than making defenses count Mississippi’s after the snap but before rushing the QB.  They are already greatly restrained in what is supposed to be a very physical game.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bradford is made of paper mache (not a knock against him...poor guy just has back luck or bad joint structure). I guess I appreciate Tyrod's ability to stay on the field (although there are days I wish he was watching from the sidelines).

.......and nice work if you can get it...........

Total Earnings for Bradford through 2017 (through 8 seasons): $114 million

Can Bridgewater still play? The way they described his knee damage it sounded like his mcl acl turned to shredded cheese with his kneecap looking like a flapping hamburger bun made from a sloppy cheeseburger maker at Wendys that kinda pisses you off cuz you been lookin forward to that burger all day, and now u have to re arrange the fckin pickles on the burger cuz those !@#$s stacked 3 pickle slices right on top of eachother and the cheese melted to the burger melted halfway off the burger bun. Fck!!

$70M on injured QB, several with knee problems

Wonder what the cost would be, to change fields to grass and install the technology to keep it in good condition

11 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, if we want to take a shot in FA his contract is up and he's a pending free agent.

No.  Please, just no.  St Louis still echoes with the fan hearts broken all the years they hoped Bradford would be the Man, only to watch their hope slink back onto IR

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, anyone interested in acquiring Bradford next offseason?

I think he'd allow Dennison to run a bit more of his offense with the WCO timing routes and quick hitters back in there, but he is a sideways step from Tyrod at this stage.  Better passer, better rhythm thrower but arguably a less dynamic playmaker (doesn't throw as good of a deep ball and you lose some of the dynamic plays TT can make with his legs).  

If they want to move on from Tyrod and feel like they need a vet on a 1-2 year deal to groom their rookie then I would be in favour of Bradford.  He has played his most consistent ball of his career in Minnesota.  He was actually the route I wanted to the Bills to go in 2015 when Orton had retired and Rex had arrived.  

18 hours ago, WhoTom said:

The Lions will probably win the NFCN now.

Why do you say that?  The Vikes have been winning games with Keenum most of the season so why should they suddenly stop now?  Detroit has some significant problems of its own, like it can't seem to score TDs against decent Ds, so until the Lions prove otherwise, the Vikes are in charge.

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Why do you say that?  The Vikes have been winning games with Keenum most of the season so why should they suddenly stop now?  Detroit has some significant problems of its own, like it can't seem to score TDs against decent Ds, so until the Lions prove otherwise, the Vikes are in charge.

Lions remaining schedule includes: 2 games vs Bears; the Buccs; the Browns; the Bengals; the Hundley Packers.  I see them ending around 10-6.

The Vikes remaining schedule includes: the Redskins; the Rams; the Panthers; the Falcons.  

Of course they play each other in that time as well..... and that could be critical if the Lions were to win and sweep the Vikes for the year they probably win that division.  The NFC North is still very much to play for.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he'd allow Dennison to run a bit more of his offense with the WCO timing routes and quick hitters back in there, but he is a sideways step from Tyrod at this stage.  Better passer, better rhythm thrower but arguably a less dynamic playmaker (doesn't throw as good of a deep ball and you lose some of the dynamic plays TT can make with his legs).  

If they want to move on from Tyrod and feel like they need a vet on a 1-2 year deal to groom their rookie then I would be in favour of Bradford.  He has played his most consistent ball of his career in Minnesota.  He was actually the route I wanted to the Bills to go in 2015 when Orton had retired and Rex had arrived.  

I don't see the logic here.  Bradford hasn't consistently looked all that great when he's been healthy that the Bills should jettison Taylor for him IMO.  It's true, he hasn't played on particularly talented teams until Philly and the Vikies, but still, I think swapping out Taylor for Bradford is just "the grass is greener with a former #1 pick" syndrome.   The Bills have a decent QB who knows the offense and has proven to be durable and adaptable.  Until/unless they draft a younger QB who can prove he's better,  you stick with what you've got IMO.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

I don't see the logic here.  Bradford hasn't consistently looked all that great when he's been healthy that the Bills should jettison Taylor for him IMO.  It's true, he hasn't played on particularly talented teams until Philly and the Vikies, but still, I think swapping out Taylor for Bradford is just "the grass is greener with a former #1 pick" syndrome.   The Bills have a decent QB who knows the offense and has proven to be durable and adaptable.  Until/unless they draft a younger QB who can prove he's better,  you stick with what you've got IMO.

So which bit of my post did you disagree with?  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I wasn’t being fecicious when I asked. Of course his knees are a major liability, but he’s a smooth passer! If Dennison remains McDermotts’ choice to orchestrate the O, Sam fits.

52 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I could be wrong, but I don't see the Vikes maintaining their momentum with Keenum, and if Bridgewater has to step in, who knows how long it'll take to shake the rust off. Record-wise, you're right, but I think the momentum will shift.

18 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Can Bridgewater still play? The way they described his knee damage it sounded like his mcl acl turned to shredded cheese with his kneecap looking like a flapping hamburger bun made from a sloppy cheeseburger maker at Wendys that kinda pisses you off cuz you been lookin forward to that burger all day, and now u have to re arrange the fckin pickles on the burger cuz those !@#$s stacked 3 pickle slices right on top of eachother and the cheese melted to the burger melted halfway off the burger bun. Fck!!

Speaking to you about Bridgewater.

Seems no one has called out the heart of the story.

Any one who saw the video, especially his teammates comments.

This Cat should Never have made it back. Never walked right. Much less back on the Same roster that held hope for him.

I find this story to be joyous.
if you have read enough on Teddy's personalty and character makeup, you might feel this is a Hero story to return from the Abyss with a Life Dream crushed and torn.

And yet Here he stands throwing footballs on the Practice field

HooRah

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Speaking to you about Bridgewater.

Seems no one has called out the heart of the story.

Any one who saw the video, especially his teammates comments.

This Cat should Never have made it back. Never walked right. Much less back on the Same roster that held hope for him.

I find this story to be joyous.
if you have read enough on Teddy's personalty and character makeup, you might feel this is a Hero story to return from the Abyss with a Life Dream crushed and torn.

And yet Here he stands throwing footballs on the Practice field

HooRah

I really did. I was happy to read that. I really hope the kid makes it back. Everyone should be able to have a shot at their dreams. I hope he gets back to where he was before the injury and beyond. Lets see how that story plays out.

8 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

I really did. I was happy to read that. I really hope the kid makes it back. Everyone should be able to have a shot at their dreams. I hope he gets back to where he was before the injury and beyond. Lets see how that story plays out.

Like i mentioned. To come this far should be the story.
you get what i mean

Edited by 3rdand12

No on Bradford.  Has there been more money wasted (by multiple teams) for a guy this injury prone ever?

Bridgewater seems like he won't last long on that "miracle" knee.  Recall that he nearly lost his leg just running a practice drill without contact.

Keenum is already on pace to put up "Bridgewater numbers", such as they are...