Report: Huge Problem Brewing between Irsay and Luck

Yep.   As Peter King said in his MMQB column yesterday, the Colts bungling has cost Luck three seasons in the prime of his career.     

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/06/drew-brees-saints-kirk-cousins-redskins-week-9-mmqb

"Luck essentially misses three prime years because of a shoulder injury that should have robbed him of one. The Colts believe Luck probably tore his labrum in Week 3 of 2015 and essentially tried to play/rehab/play through it for the next two seasons. The Colts finished 8-8 in 2015, with Matt Hasselbeck playing in relief in a season that ended with Indianapolis out of the playoffs. If, say, Luck had shoulder surgery on Nov. 1 that season, he’d have been able to rehab it and likely play opening week 2016 at something very close to 100 percent. But he missed 10 games over the next two seasons, and with Luck often playing far below 100 percent, the Colts won just 10 of his 22 starts. So Luck missed or was severely hampered during his age 26, 27 and 28 seasons. In his three seasons at that age, Peyton Manning, Luck’s predecessor, threw for 13,024 yards and 105 touchdowns. That’s the prime of a quarterback’s life.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

we have an awful lot of draft picks.

jus' saying......

They can have them all. Franchise QBs almost never change teams (when young), and it would be a bigtime trade package. Would probably include Tyrod actually.

That said, I would be shocked to the core if he was a Bill. I think there's a better chance that he changes his name to "Bill".

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Luck honestly has to pull a Lebron James style power move here.  He needs to demand O-line help or he demands a trade.  Simple as that.

Pagano needs to be shown the door, as does the GM because they have their franchise QB and are ruining him by not protecting him.

They just changed GMs this year. Can't blame Ballard for Grigson's work.

• Like (+1) 1

Only concern i would have is his shoulder......he was supposed to be ready when the season started but must be some setback to be put on IR now.....shoulder surgery/injuries are tricky......dont really know if he will ever be 100% in his throwing arm......we dont know how bad it really is.....just saying

23 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Luck honestly has to pull a Lebron James style power move here.  He needs to demand O-line help or he demands a trade.  Simple as that.

Pagano needs to be shown the door, as does the GM because they have their franchise QB and are ruining him by not protecting him.

The GM is brand new.  He will get it right.  The previous GM sucked. 

15 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

They can have them all. Franchise QBs almost never change teams (when young), and it would be a bigtime trade package. Would probably include Tyrod actually.

That said, I would be shocked to the core if he was a Bill. I think there's a better chance that he changes his name to "Bill".

mostly agreed. we cannot trade all of those picks though, we need some to beef up the O-Line to protect Luck should a deal come through.

one thing i will say is that franchise qb's are traded, though it does not happen often. does Brissett make it more likely?

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For Luck?    Will he ever be healthy?    

IF they pull off this stunt 

I have 1 demand

Shave the neck beard. 

neckbeards, ftw!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For Luck?    Will he ever be healthy?    

IF they pull off this stunt 

I have 1 demand

Shave the neck beard. 

Honestly I'm surprised a torn labrum has been this tough for him. That injury is only bad because they have to cut through the rotator cuff to fix the labrum, so that has to heal too. That surgery, especially with the doctors available to NFL stars, is not like a knee or something that could give a lot of lingering problems down the road. I would expect luck to bounce back fine from it. Surprised it's take this long, but it shouldn't be a problem next year.