How did you find TBD

fansince88

I first found this website in the mid 90s after having logged in to the D&C Hyperbills website.  I've enjoyed reading the posts on the Stadium wall and appreciate the knowledge of many fans.  I'm a Bills fan since the 60s, but really got hooked when I lived in Buffalo from 1977-83.  There were some lean years when you could go to the stadium for about $8 in the endzone, but I digress.  I don't post much, but I appreciate what this site does for us out-of-towners. The Mario Williams watch was unbelievable. I lived in CT until recently and am happy to be out of Patriot territory, but will miss opportunities to watch the games live. 

Thanks for keeping me informed all of these years.

Back in the day the Rochester D&C ran the HyperBills message board that was pretty popular, but it didn't have moderators and things could and did get out of control. They tried to keep it going smoothly but at some point they realized the task was too big and that if they wanted it to run smoothly they would need to hire someone to be a mod and they didn't want to do that. They closed down HyperBills and a bunch of us were refugees.

SDS was running TBD and it was they place to come for all your Bills news - did an excellent job of gathering links to all the different Bills stories out on the Internet. Scott spent the time finding things so the rest of us didn't have to - what a joy to come by in the morning and be able to go right to various news and opinion stories on the Bills!

When HyperBills shut down I dropped an e-mail to Scott and suggested that he start up a message board to replace HyperBills - he already had a good volume of Bills fans coming to TBD on a daily basis - what could go wrong? Sadly, Scott took my advice and started TSW which I believe has taken over his life in some fashion ever since. Luckily there have been plenty of good people to help keep order along the way or I would feel personally responsible for putting Scott in an institution by now. Amazing to see what this place has become since it's start!

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Some of the more infamous people who are no longer on TSW like Hogboy and Ice are still communicating regularly with the guys I tailgate with.........and Bob Lamb moved back to Buffalo so he's been at the tailgates recently.   Someone said Yolo was UDonkey but I don't know about that.

Thanks!  I could not for the life of me remember Hogboy and Ice - I remembered 'them', but not their usernames....  I miss those days.  Being so far away from Buffalo, I never met anyone here except through the site.  Someday I'll make it there.  I did see the loss in Seattle last year...  :(

Your list of names above made me reflect on how many people who aren't here now.

Here - just for kicks I went to the Wayback machine....  This was '98...  when Wade took the reins...

They don't seem to have the stadium wall archived - or I'm just missing it.

Edit - Found it!  (And when I click on the member profiles, I can see myself...  Yay)  TSW from '01 - earliest in the wayback machine.

Edited by MTBill

I was a long time member of BBMB

Football and the Bills are a huge part of my life and I love conversing with other Bills fans

i know there's a stigma here about the BBMB because some posters but I hope that gets overlooked because lot of quality people came over

I did a google search for Bills chat forums, and actually found a different one.

It had a small amount of activity and didn't seem like what I was looking for.

So I did more searching and found this place.  It had a comparatively huge amount of activity and many users online; I knew this is what I was looking for, to help stay in touch with the Bills from long distance.

Bills Digest was a great find, as I’d skim it then take it to my dad. He treated it like gold! THAT was so important to him. The two sentence write up weekly in USA Today was something I sought out, but hardly filling.

Now the news and dialogue is amazing! But some things never change, as I hear from both my sons almost daily and it’s usually Bills news. One of them checks here, so I try to be careful. :)

Family is everything. My wife just left to go see her mom who’s in the hospital in SC with all kinds of problems and her BP dropped uncontrollably. Hug your family and tell them you love them. Seriously. 

5 hours ago, Idandria said:

Whenever people use a headshot for their avatar.. you gotta wonder.

Whats funny is one person that commented had OJs mug shot as their avatar. 

5 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I was drunk and attempted to search “what stds you can contract from barnyard animals” and some how ended up here. 

I think that was an actual thread started by @Boyst62

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Lifting food into my mouth maybe. What’s funny is some people that thought it was my picture. 

So you were in commercials?

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Bills Digest was a great find, as I’d skim it then take it to my dad. He treated it like gold! THAT was so important to him. The two sentence write up weekly in USA Today was something I sought out, but hardly filling.

Now the news and dialogue is amazing! But some things never change, as I hear from both my sons almost daily and it’s usually Bills news. One of them checks here, so I try to be careful. :)

Family is everything. My wife just left to go see her mom who’s in the hospital in SC with all kinds of problems and her BP dropped uncontrollably. Hug your family and tell them you love them. Seriously. 

Sorry to hear about your MIL @Augie Hope she is ok.