Official fire Rick Dennison thread

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Just a bit weird in my opinion that every time you come on this site, you talk about him non stop

Defense did its job.   Taylor stunk again 

tbd is 90% Taylor talk 5% tredavius and 5% Watkins/Dareus.   

I fall in the 90 like everyone else.    I'm good on the blame/excuse game.    Nothing personal 

7 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Defense did its job.   Taylor stunk again 

tbd is 90% Taylor talk 5% tredavius and 5% Watkins/Dareus.   

I fall in the 90 like everyone else.    I'm good on the blame/excuse game.    Nothing personal 

I know it's not just you. But just find it ridiculous. Its a very strange obsession about the man. I understand because he's not a good QB for our favourite team, but still. Its just a game and he's just a guy none of us know personally at the end of the day

I was there today.  No idea what happened on that pick and what Tyrod did.  But then back to Dennison and terrible play calling again and again. 

No Down 16-3 a nice conversion after a 1st & 20 (negating a 30 yard pass) and Dennison calls two straight runs (and not Shady).  

A game requiring offense and again nothing from Dennison (except putting Webb in for some unknown reason)..... 

Edited by Billsfan1972

What makes you think that an ultra conservative guy like McDermott is going to hire an OC that will be much different than Dennison?

I'm not even sure that I want Dennison gone. His biggest fault to me is changing to the zone run scheme and not going back to man when it didn't work.

There's just too much wrong in this post I can't even begin to start breaking it all down... I usually take great effort into putting together thoughtful & meaningful posts with good info, but the list here is just too long to even wrap my head around.

I'll just settle with "I wholeheartedly disagree."

9 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Should we still fire Dennison for this garbage time OC killer? 

Asking for a friend.

Holy crap... you bumped this thread in defense of Dennison?!

in defense of the guy who called a fade route on 4th and goal?!

Good for you. I don't know why the heck you'd still want to defend Dennison after today... though the Joe Webb addition was a breath of fresh air.

Yeah... don't know why you're so in love with Dennison as a play caller. :doh:

Kinda weird.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap... you bumped this thread in defense of Dennison?!

in defense of the guy who called a fade route on 4th and goal?!

Good for you. I don't know why the heck you'd still want to defend Dennison after today... though the Joe Webb addition was a breath of fresh air.

Yeah... don't know why you're so in love with Dennison as a play caller. :doh:

Kinda weird.

IMG_7673.PNG

6 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

When do we start the Tyrod crow eaters thread ?   

The moment you show you have any integrity and don't say a negative word about him for a week... ya know... your stupid CoT bet thread you lost for the KC game...

Once that week is done, we do it :flirt:

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dennison threw in some different plays that were not disastrous.  

Throw the they ball away instead for taking a sack.  

Yes, today there were a few nice wrinkles.

Still not happy with him, yet.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:45 PM, BillsFan17 said:

Not even through the first season and McDermott may not last is a topic?

Are you impressed with four of the last five games being blow out losses.? The terrible defense and terrible offense? His eye for the QB position in selecting Peterman over guys like Watson and Mahomes?

I'm not confident at all that McDermott will be the guy to put a staff together that can develop a young QB like the Rams and Eagles have done. Let's cut our losses now before we get in too deep. Gonna have a new QB next year anyway and the defense is bad already so another coaching and scheme change won't have a negative effect.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:50 PM, Fadingpain said:

I honestly hope they give this crew at least 3 years.  We need some consistency and they have already done enough interesting/unusual things to warrant some faith that they are competent and will turn things around in time.

You are right. It is unusual to be blown out in four out of five games. To have a rookie QB make his first start on the road against a fierce pass rush and throw 5 INTs in a half. To get run over and over again in the ground game. Interesting and unusual indeed.

Let's cut our losses now before we let these guys run the draft again and ruin our rookie QB next year.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

He did not sign Peterman over mahomes or watson.... They signed Taylor and were not looking to use a first round pick with Whaley running talent evaluation.

They decided to take it easy first year first draft stick with the veteran TT and draft an incredible CB to replace the loss of Gilmore and help repair a struggling secondary.

Which I will say McDermott and staff have done an incredible job. The bills secondary is not to be trifled with.

This year they will go for their QB in the first. Smart moves, you're just too dim to recognize!

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1

We've lost 3 games to in my opinion 3 of the 5-7 best teams in the league.  And Carolina is a top 10 team. 

4 losses to teams combined to be 33-15.  

In addition to losing at the Jets and Bengals. 

I thought we'd be 3-13.  McDermott saved himself by winning in KC following the Tyrod benching. 

He has one major major mistake to correct.  He has to fire Dennison.  Together or maybe it was more Dennison he is the OC who you'd think would know better, thought Nate Peterman was a good idea.  No faith in Rico at all.  

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

This year they will go for their QB in the first. Smart moves, you're just too dim to recognize!

Even if they select the right QB this time, you seriously trust this staff and coach to get the most out of the team? Four blow out losses out of the last five. At least the Jets are losing close games. This team is a train wreck. I don't want to wait and find out if it is because the coach is clueless or not. We don't lose anything by cutting our ties now, especially if we do draft a rookie QB. New QB, new system, new coach.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

He has one major major mistake to correct.  He has to fire Dennison.  Together or maybe it was more Dennison he is the OC who you'd think would know better, thought Nate Peterman was a good idea.  No faith in Rico at all.  

Because Dennison was the reason we couldn't force a punt for a game and a half? Or can't stop anyone's running game outside of the Chiefs? Dennison is a problem but he's far from McDermott's one major mistake. 

Yes, we've lost to some good teams, well except for the Jets, but we are also losing these games terribly. Not even competitive. Jets played the Patriots tough like we should have.

You better hope McDermott succeeds. 

Because currently the owner of the Bills and that train wreck that walks thru hockey games at the arena, has possibly the worst track record in front office and coaching hires of any team in their respective leagues.  

If McBeane flames, we have a major major Dan Snyder-esque problem in Buffalo.  

Edited by Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Even if they select the right QB this time, you seriously trust this staff and coach to get the most out of the team? Four blow out losses out of the last five. At least the Jets are losing close games. This team is a train wreck. I don't want to wait and find out if it is because the coach is clueless or not. We don't lose anything by cutting our ties now, especially if we do draft a rookie QB. New QB, new system, new coach.

Totally and vehemently disagree with you on every point.

Our team is NOT a train wreck. Our QB is.

You better hope McDermott succeeds. 

Because currently the owner of the Bills and that train wreck that walks thru hockey games at the arena, has possibly the worst track record in front office and coaching hires of any team in their respective leagues.  

If McBeane flame, we have a major major Dan Snyder-esque problem in Buffalo.  

Lol you have to wait years before you could call either new regime a failure... get a grip on reality please it's their first year.

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

The only bright spots on this team are McCoy, the secondary and our Kicker. You don't get blown out in 4 or the last five games including giving up 45 ppg in a three game stretch, and a bizzillion rushing yards by only having a train wreck at QB.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Lol you have to wait years before you could call either new regime a failure... get a grip on reality please it's their first year.

My entire point is why should it be set in stone that McDermott and company get a second year? People are already calling to replace the OC. Calling to draft a rookie QB. I agree with both those things. And the thing is, that actually makes it a perfect situation to move on from McDermott if we want to. And with the defense being historically bad at times this year why not move on?

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The only bright spots on this team are McCoy, the secondary and our Kicker. You don't get blown out in 4 or the last five games including giving up 45 ppg in a three game stretch, and a bizzillion rushing yards by only having a train wreck at QB.

Do you actually watch the football games or do you just review the stats afterwards and pontificate your opinions as fact?

The defense has played pretty hard and pretty awesome for like over 75% of all of the games we have played this season. If we had any offense what so ever we would be like 9 and 3

Run defense has lacked with dumping the waste of salary cap Dareus and not replacing him but the need will be addressed in the off-season appropriately. I'm sorry, is this long term, bigger picture stuff our team is doing difficult for you to grasp? I know its not normal doug whaley operating procedure so you may have trouble understanding it at first.

Here is the real kicker: McCoy should be traded. Again this is bigger picture stuff here so try to keep up -- He is getting old but most importantly we pay him too much money. We can get a couple of young RBs on the cheap like other good teams do.

Save a ton of cap and let's face it we are moving to a passing attack in 2018 and beyond.

Go bills!

Edited by BillsFan692
Update grammar

Do you actually watch the football games or do you just review the stats afterwards and pontificate your opinions as fact?

The defense has played pretty hard and pretty awesome for like 70% of all of the games we have played this season.

Run defense has lacked with dumping the waste of salary cap Dareus and not replacing him but the need will be addressed in the off-season appropriately. 

I'm sorry, is that long term bigger picture stuff difficult for you to grasp?

Is it difficult for you to grasp that we have the perfect situation to walk away from McDermott if we choose to? New OC, new system and new QB are on the way either way. Growing pains next year either way. Why tie are selves to a coach who might not be all that great. Carolina's defense got better after he left. Our defense is about the same or worse haven't checked but Rex didn't set a high bar of achievement so either way not all that great. 

The defense played well in 66% of the games this year? Great. But they played like crap in the 33% that will be a big reason why the team misses the playoffs again among other reasons as well. 

16 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

16 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Whoa whoa.   I didn't call them failures.  Far from it.  Folks are already saying he's got to go or they've lost trust.....im saying at the very least we need him to be the guy bc we need to know Pegula knows what he's doing.  If this ends badly how are we supposed to trust the owner---if you still do anyway--to ever get it right.  With either team. 

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Is it difficult for you to grasp that we have the perfect situation to walk away from McDermott if we choose to? New OC, new system and new QB are on the way either way. Growing pains next year either way. Why tie are selves to a coach who might not be all that great. Carolina's defense got better after he left. Our defense is about the same or worse haven't checked but Rex didn't set a high bar of achievement so either way not all that great. 

The defense played well in 66% of the games this year? Great. But they played like crap in the 33% that will be a big reason why the team misses the playoffs again among other reasons as well. 

Lol you have to he trolling. I can't even take you seriously now.

Are you honestly suggesting the bills should fire their new head coach and walk away???? Are you NUTS.

Good grief. I'm done with this guy.

Whoa whoa.   I didn't call them failures.  Far from it.  Folks are already saying he's got to go or they've lost trust.....im saying at the very least we need him to be the guy bc we need to know Pegula knows what he's doing.  If this ends badly how are we supposed to trust the owner---if you still do anyway--to ever get it right.  With either team. 

Only dillusional invalids think that coach McDermott is at any risk for being fired or replaced.

These guy have 3 years at LEAST and given the fact they have already over performed on expectations this season they are already earning respect.

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

Lol you have to he trolling. I can't even take you seriously now.

Are you honestly suggesting the bills should fire their new head coach and walk away???? Are you NUTS.

Good grief. I'm done with this guy.

I'm suggesting it's not nearly as ludicrous as everyone thinks given the massive change that will be happening in the off-season. Also, look at the Eagles and Rams as the perfect examples of teams with young QBs to copy. Offensive minded head coaches that have proven veteran defensive coordinators running the D. Will the offense ever get the attention it needs with a defensive minded head coach in McDermott? Will the defense ever succeed in running McDermott's system?

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm suggesting it's not nearly as ludicrous as everyone thinks given the massive change that will be happening in the off-season. Also, look at the Eagles and Rams as the perfect examples of teams with young QBs to copy. Offensive minded head coaches that have proven veteran defensive coordinators running the D. Will the offense ever get the attention it needs with a defensive minded head coach in McDermott? Will the defense ever succeed in running McDermott's system?

Will you ever stop trolling with hypothetical questions after the brand new regimes first 12 games?

I mean who can ever answer those speculative and bizarre questions after barely half of one season? Why bother even asking such questions if not to just troll?

McD is going NO where bud. Get used to that and buckle your seat belt!

Edited by BillsFan692

I wouldn't care if they were 0-12 right now if I sensed some semblance of a real plan...right now, this staff is flailing about, looking for something that works. They really don't seem like they know what they're doing. I've never soured on a new regime so quickly.

Will you ever stop trolling with hypothetical questions after the brand new regimes first 12 games?

I mean who can ever answer those speculative and bizarre questions after barely half a season 

Yeah. Assuming the team competes, they don't get blown out for a quarter of a season. At least one side of the ball is good. And we see improvement as the season goes on. That's probably the biggest disappointment. We started hot, in some part due to an incredible amount of takeaways that were not sustainable, and now the bottom has fallen out on both sides of the ball. And again, it will be different next year simply because we will have, hopefully, a rookie QB. I'd be more inclined to give a coach more time with a rookie QB. But i really think seeing what the Eagles and Rams have done, we need to at least consider going that route at the HC and DC positions.

5 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I wouldn't care if they were 0-12 right now if I sensed some semblance of a real plan...right now, this staff is flailing about, looking for something that works. They really don't seem like they know what they're doing. I've never soured on a new regime so quickly.

Exactly this. The 5-2 start was probably the worst thing for McDermott. I fully expect him to be here next season but the pressure will immediately be on him from the first game. A 3-13 season with a 1-4 start would have cooled expectations and he wouldn't be graded on how the team fell apart this year.

If McDermott goes, you're guaranteed to get an even worse coach.

A looming 18 year playoff drought that you're expected to rectify (the longest in all North American Pro Sports across ALL leagues)

A 2-year HC who willingly quit...Followed by....

A 2-year HC that got fired...Followed by...

A 1-year HC that got fired.

No coach worth a darn is going to step within 100 miles of this organization with that resume. The leash is short, the expectations are impossibly high, and you have to do it with the previous regime's players. You will not get a chance to draft your own, much less develop them. 

So yeah, fire McDermott after 1 year. Only coaches you'll have willing to come here are assistant special teams coaches from Division III college programs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Also want to point out comments like these are straight up lies. People ALWAYS say dumb stuff like this, and it's never true. If you're 0-12, you would not be sitting here saying anything different than what you're saying now. It's easy to say that, because guess what? We're not 0-12, and there's no way to back up your claims!

I'm sure the Browns fans are thinking the same thing, oh wait.... I'm positive though that if they only lost the games the right way (whatever that is), you'd love the coach right? If a team is 0-12, what in the heck could they be doing so much more right than McDermott? If you point to a team that drafted a franchise QB who struggled in their first year but did great their second, don't bother. That doesn't apply here. We don't have a franchise QB. There's no Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman or even a Jared Goff (lol) on the roster that is taking their licks before they turn it all around. So please, what 0-12 team lost in an acceptable way to you that lead to a good plan for the future?

On 11/29/2017 at 6:24 AM, CSBill said:

I think Dennison is a liability to this offense .... like so many old-school coaches, he doesn't seem to be able to adapt to the players he has to maximize their strengths. No, the players have to adjust to his scheme. And in this case, TT is not a drop back QB. Dennison just doesn't seem to be able to figure out how to best use him.

I agree with ^^^^ 110% !!!

with that said as long as Tyrod still the starting QB will be looking to replace HC / OC every couple of years !!!

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Yep..

They are still trying to "get a feel" for this team.

Still undecided about quarterback.    Still undecided which offensive linemen are the "best" 5.    Still not sure if or how to use Tyrod.    Still uncertain about RB #2.    Flippy floppy about linebackers and pass rushers and d-linemen.

It takes 15 games or so to get a "feel" for a team.

Fricken noobs  boobs..

Edited by PolishDave

14 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

i don't like Dennison as OC, either, but today he did a much better job on the game plan and play calls.  Not sure this one can be pinned on him.  But there were plenty others, such as the Carolina and Cincy losses.

Agreed. I thought Dennison did a much better job yesterday -- especially on that first drive. When you have a QB that cannot execute on a consistent basis, it makes it hard on the play-caller. That said, I expect an upgrade at BOTH OC and QB next season.

• Like (+1) 2