TNF: Fish at Ravens

YoloinOhio

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He gave himself up with a slide. That means he shouldn't be touched. Period.

I don't know if that's true. I agree sometimes it's impossible to stop. My problem was that whether or not Flacco slid, dove head first, or never went down, akiko went full speed head first at him. The fact his shoulder hit first was only IMO because of the slide to the side. Otherwise it's helmet to helmet because Kiko led with his helmet. It was a dirty hit.

Plus, yes he was trying for the first down and likely knew the yard line to get to. But the players don't see that yellow line. As soon as Flacco knew he would be hit he slid. It was late. If Kiko just ran right through him and not tried to take his head off it may not even have been a penalty.

Brutal game. 3rd string QB v 2nd.

I think Flacco slid late, but wtf is it with the Dolphins and shots to the head? How do you destroy a guy above the neck there? Alonso should be given a lengthy suspension. Ridiculous that's he's still playing in this game.

It was close. I never saw Kiko as dirty. I think he was hell bent on stopping a first down.

I don't know if that's true. I agree sometimes it's impossible to stop. My problem was that whether or not Flacco slid, dove head first, or never went down, akiko went full speed head first at him. The fact his shoulder hit first was only IMO because of the slide to the side. Otherwise it's helmet to helmet because Kiko led with his helmet. It was a dirty hit.

Plus, yes he was trying for the first down and likely knew the yard line to get to. But the players don't see that yellow line. As soon as Flacco knew he would be hit he slid. It was late. If Kiko just ran right through him and not tried to take his head off it may not even have been a penalty.

Kiko went low on a QB who was into his slide. No excuses for him.

Sure. Moron.

Watch the slow mo replay and you will see for yourself. I've been in that situation many times on both ends of it. If you don't want to get hit dont go for the first. When on defense you don't assume he's going to slide so you finish the play. It is what it is nothing intentional about it

I think you are way off base here. Even in slow motion Kiko had plenty of time to read and react to what was happening. The fact is he did read it, and chose to lower his shoulder into Flacco's head. I do not think i have seen a more egregious example of intent to injure all year. Edited by MDFan

I think you are way off base here. Even in slow motion Kiko had plenty of time to read and react to what was happening. The fact is he did read it, and chose to lower his shoulder into Flacco's head. I do not think this have seen a more egregious example of Intent to injure all year l.

I respectfully disagree. I think it was a bang-bang play and Kiko committed to hitting him no matter what because initially it looked like he was trying to get the first. Flacco chickened out at the last moment and slid at the exact time Kiko went for the hit. If it was Vontaze Burfict maybe I would feel differently. Kiko plays hard and came in too hot but I don't think he tried to intentionally target his head. But because he did make contact with his head yes I think he could have been ejected and it will be a fine

Brutal game. 3rd string QB v 2nd.

It was close. I never saw Kiko as dirty. I think he was hell bent on stopping a first down.

I can excuse not being able to avoid hitting Flacco in that situation. No excuse for putting your forearm into a guys head who is already on the ground. It's almost like they teach that crap on that team. Suh is the dirtiest player in the league. Landry up there too. Think it rubs off on rest of team.