GQ: Trump Schemed to Keep Bon Jovi from Buying the Bills

Oh Trump would have moved the team for sure once he hit that out clause. I can't think of one reason why he would have kept the team in Buffalo.

I don't thimk he ever would have received the needed minimum number of votes from NFL owners to even become owner of the Bills. In fact it would not have been even close. Hence his look at me lo-ball offer. And then basically pissing on Pegula for overpaying.

Look what he did too the NJ Generals. IMO It's why he ramped the BS with players and the NFL.

Never trust a clown with small hands. The whole Issue with the Players, their behavior, the league office response too his BS comments

and the continuing discussion (I am being kind) would be over if not for his childish posturing/deflecting.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only "impossible" until 2019. That's when the Bills lease with Erie County has an out clause. Just enough time for the Rogers/Bon Jovi group to build a new Toronto stadium.

I don't really want to get into this because it was gone through in dozens of pages when it happened. But you're right about the lease in 2019 but wrong about the ability to make the new stadium. The NFL was never ever ever going to allow a lame duck team for four years, not to mention that the lease said the Toronto guys couldn't even talk about a new stadium during that time. They were going to build it in secret? It's incredible they did it for two years for the Raiders and that's only because after twenty years of haggling there was an impasse. They weren't going to keep the team in Buffalo for four years with no crowd. That was the genius of the lease. Not to mention the NFL wanted the team to stay in Buffalo.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Ralph Wilson kept Bon Jovi or anyone from moving the team.

Unfortunately for Bon Jovi he or no one on his legal team, and none of his supporters, including Jerry Jones, thought ahead enough to check the circumstances Ralph had attached to the team via the lease. Ralph set a trap and they walked right into it.

Wile E Coyote, Super Genius, Ralph was.

He would have tried to move the Bills to whatever city offered him the most money, borrowed as much debt as he could against the Bills and then declared bankruptcy and walked away from the Bills. That dirt bag would have been the worst thing to ever happen to the Bills.

Welp, that does it for this thread on the main Board.

A racist NFL franchise owner? We cant have that. Remember Limbaugh was blocked from ownership by other franchise owners, because of inflammatory comments he made. 🤣

please, exhibit proof of your stupid claims or go back to the end of the classroom and keep it down.

Just because you hate Trump and your lying war monger hateful shrill of a "woman" didn't win doesn't mean you can make things up.

But, as always, thanks for helping Trump 2020

• 2 weeks later...

But according to Michael Caputo, a Buffalo public relations consultant who would go on to work on Trump's presidential campaign, Trump himself came up with the idea for the group at a Trump Tower meeting in early 2014 as a way to tap into widespread fan anxiety at the time over a potential Bills move to Canada.

"Mr. Trump was convinced that the community wouldn't stand for a move," Caputo told the AP. "So he sent me off to try to organize something with local fans to get that rolling."

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Was Donald Trump the secret force behind the seemingly grassroots 2014 campaign to block Jon Bon Jovi from buying the NFL's Buffalo Bills?

That's what those involved are saying now, three years after the billionaire and the rocker were competing to buy the Bills. At the heart of the effort was the creation of a fan group called 12th Man Thunder that pushed to keep the team in Buffalo and exploited already rampant speculation Bon Jovi planned to move the franchise to Canada.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/was_donald_trump_behind_2014_effort_to_foil_bon_jovis_bid_to_own_buffalo_bills.html

Sounds like a typical Trump move

Make moves to try and get something, then when he doesn't get It , have something come out saying he wasn't really that interested and was trying to help someone else out. He is all about helping others

If anything, I would believe that he was behind spreading rumors that the group Bon Jovi was part of would immediately move them to Toronto as a way of trying to get more support and ruin a competitor.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sounds like a typical Trump move

Make moves to try and get something, then when he doesn't get It , have something come out saying he wasn't really that interested and was trying to help someone else out. He is all about helping others

If anything, I would believe that he was behind spreading rumors that the group Bon Jovi was part of would immediately move them to Toronto as a way of trying to get more support and ruin a competitor.

I agree.  First and foremost it was to try and  eliminate (some of) the competition.  Whatever the case, I am ecstatic over the way it turned out.