GQ: Trump Schemed to Keep Bon Jovi from Buying the Bills

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Was Donald Trump the secret force behind the seemingly grassroots 2014 campaign to block Jon Bon Jovi from buying the NFL's Buffalo Bills?

That's what those involved are saying now, three years after the billionaire and the rocker were competing to buy the Bills. At the heart of the effort was the creation of a fan group called 12th Man Thunder that pushed to keep the team in Buffalo and exploited already rampant speculation Bon Jovi planned to move the franchise to Canada.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/was_donald_trump_behind_2014_effort_to_foil_bon_jovis_bid_to_own_buffalo_bills.html

Ralph Wilson saved the Bills by virtue of the stadium lease

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sounds like a typical Trump move

Make moves to try and get something, then when he doesn't get It , have something come out saying he wasn't really that interested and was trying to help someone else out. He is all about helping others

If anything, I would believe that he was behind spreading rumors that the group Bon Jovi was part of would immediately move them to Toronto as a way of trying to get more support and ruin a competitor.

Art of the Deal.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This Thread is already in the PPP.   (it was moved there for somewhat obvious reasons) 

oh what he said 

Lol I wondered where it went. I was starting to think I forgot to actually post it.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ralph Wilson saved the Bills by virtue of the stadium lease

Deals are ment to be broken.

He had the money, but wouldn't consider the Bills regardless of cost because he actually would have kept the team in Buffalo. Only the Pegulas bid on the Bills with the intent to keep them in Buffalo even if the cost didn't make a lot of financial sense. Once the parameters for the team's future were made known to the interested parties, the bids were driven downward.