Kaep will sit at table with Owners: What would you ask him?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd ask him to move to another country.

White people do not own the country. Republicans do not own the country. Protest is inherent in the rights given to us by the Constitution. If you see an injustice and think that something can and should be done to redress it, it is your right to bring public attention to it. "Love it or leave it" is UnAmerican.

White people do not own the country. Republicans do not own the country. Protest is inherent in the rights given to us by the Constitution. If you see an injustice and think that something can and should be done to redress it, it is your right to bring public attention to it. "Love it or leave it" is UnAmerican.

why is protesting ok now when it wasn't 8 years ago?

So if someone disagrees with Kaepernick you are assuming they are heterosexual white male...the hypocrisy in this comment is stunning, no prejudice with you at all is there.

Prejudice? No. The question I posed was in relation to those that cannot see the inequality and injustice that he is protesting against. I happen to fall into the white, heterosexual male category but I see the issue clearly. I travel with a good friend who is African-American. It's a running joke that he's going to get "randomly selected " for a search at the airport. 100% of the time he does. Not a word of a lie. He has been ticketed twice for jay walking. Jay walking!! He was pulled out of his car and cuffed last year when he was caught going 12 mph over the limit. The guy owns his own business, is s model citizen, is as friendly a himan as you will ever know and is completely treated this way because of the color of his skin. I believe protesting that snd drawing attention to that is very important.

'Disappointed' Russell Okung, other players could skip next meeting with NFL owners

"I am disappointed that further progress has not been reached on discussions with the league," Okung said, per Schefter. "NFL officials appear unmotivated and don't share the same sense of urgency. Increasingly, the meetings appear unproductive at best and disingenuous at worst. Furthermore, the ongoing disparagement of Colin Kaepernick is a factor needing remedy for the players and public to feel heard and for real progress to be made."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-russell-okung-other-players-could-skip-next-meeting-with-nfl-owners/

Have you done anything to improve your lack of accuracy or are you stuck with it like Jamarcus is. Wait, I see the broadside of a barn over there, grab this football and lets take a walk.....

60% completion rate, not great, but certainly not bad. Last season 16/4 TD/INT ratio. Pretty solid. If you don't like him, fine, but if you have to make up stuff to put him down, it doesn't say much for your side of the discussion.

what bluff?

That he actually wants to keep playing and is truly dedicated to his craft.

Maybe he is. The Browns need a QB. I say they should be a perfect match. PLUS, all the attention suddenly put on the Browns COULD finally draw attention to those horrific new uniforms of theirs and get that problem solved before they get good and are on national TV every other week.

That he actually wants to keep playing and is truly dedicated to his craft.

Maybe he is. The Browns need a QB. I say they should be a perfect match. PLUS, all the attention suddenly put on the Browns COULD finally draw attention to those horrific new uniforms of theirs and get that problem solved before they get good and are on national TV every other week.

I would think the fact that he continues to work out in an effort to be ready if he does get a chance would show that he does want to keep playing. Plus he also has said that he wants to keep playing. Not sure where the confusion comes from.

Have you done anything to improve your lack of accuracy or are you stuck with it like Jamarcus is. Wait, I see the broadside of a barn over there, grab this football and lets take a walk.....

What an odd comparable as a player. Any reason you chose to highlight Jamarcus here?

CK is 8% higher completion percentage.

Didn't flop out with drugs, gambling and refusing to participate

Is known for his mobility as opposed to being 300 lbs

Was a huge value for his rookie contract

I would think the fact that he continues to work out in an effort to be ready if he does get a chance would show that he does want to keep playing. Plus he also has said that he wants to keep playing. Not sure where the confusion comes from.

I had heard somewhere (maybe sports radio) that he was asking for more $$ than was realistic given his likely backup status, and that there were whispers about his work ethic while in SF, especially after his benching last season. Thus I wonder how much he has a burning desire to be an NFL QB and how much he just wants additional attention for his political views. Either way makes little difference to me.

Now, that could all be bullcrap. I'll be totally honest: I did absolutely zero research on Kap because I don't care all that much. I just want the Browns uniforms changed back to something close to their classic look, and this seems like a good solution. It makes everyone happy.

Kap gets employment, as a starter even. The Browns waste money so he would probably get paid, too.

The media can froth at the mouth and descend like a flock of vultures onto the Browns facility and run stories day and night.

The Browns get some attention and coverage.

and

Someone is bound to notice that they are practically wearing pajamas with the word PINK on the ass as uniforms and shame the Browns into toning those ugly things down.

We all win.

Edited by TheFunPolice