Td celebrations are over the tops

Howard

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've seen The Godfather at least 15 times. I don't think there's a penis joke in that movie but I may have to re-watch it.

However there is wife beating on a pregnant woman....

Are you saying that all Eye Talians are wife beaters?

I think I've seen The Godfather at least 15 times. I don't think there's a penis joke in that movie but I may have to re-watch it.

However there is wife beating on a pregnant woman....

it was also brought to my attention that there's no swearing in that movie. i just never noticed.

old schools...yes.

suburban italians...no

The ones who wear jump suits are.

it was also brought to my attention that there's no swearing in that movie. i just never noticed.

Did you know James Caan originally auditioned for Michael Corleone? Robert DeNiro read for Sonny.

Also Lawrence Olivier and Ernest Borgnine were almost Don Vito.

Did you know James Caan originally auditioned for Michael Corleone? Robert DeNiro read for Sonny.

Yes, and John Travolta was almost Fredo.

Michael: I know it was you, Fredo.

Fredo: What? Where? Off my case, toilet face!

I think he was being sarcastic.

:oops: hard to tell sometimes,

To start excellent English "weed" and "specktackle".

Second the NFL actually brought back celebrations because the league was so tight with anything so I will take an occasional overboard celebration compared to the way things were before this year.

Third go yell at a cloud old timer.

sarcasm?

The new iOS drops the " and '

so we see a lot of weed 's

there was a thread on it but it went into the bit bucket

as to specktackle.. that on them,

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I just fast forward on the PVR through the little dance, convert and commercials, and would be right to bypass the kickoff 75% of the time, and the commercials after that.... before pressing play for the first play from scrimmage that's about 15 minutes of real time later.

take about 10 seconds

However there is wife beating jon a pregnant woman....

There is a penis joke. It happens during the opening act, during Connie's wedding. Sonny's wife is a table with a group of women and is moving her hands apart, implying her husband is, uh, gifted. (This is also called out several times in the book). Meanwhile Sonny is upstairs in the house with a bridesmaid.

There is a penis joke. It happens during the opening act, during Connie's wedding. Sonny's wife is a table with a group of women and is moving her hands apart, implying her husband is, uh, gifted. (This is also called out several times in the book). Meanwhile Sonny is upstairs in the house with a bridesmaid.

Looks like I have to watch it again and again.

During the filming, Francis Coppola got pissed at the actor Gianni Russo who played Talia Shire's husband, because Russo was a little rough with his sister in the takes. So he told James Caan to hit him hard and don't fake it when they filmed those two fighting. And Caan clutched a roll of quarters in his fist when he punched him.

I don't mind the touchdown celebrations but many of the "sack" "big catch" "first down" celebrations are annoying to me.

In fact, I may have been hallucinating, but I think Mathews came darn close to getting a big penalty. I think it was O'Leary who caught a pass for a long play and a first down. Mathews was in the vicinity and he took the ball and tossed it with glee in a direction away from the refs. One ref reached for his flag and the other ref signalled for him to just let it go.

I never understand why it isn't standard procedure for a player to just drop or place the ball on the ground in the area where the ref will use it to mark the new line of scrimmage.

The first I remember was Elmo Wright of the Chiefs back in the late 60s or early 70s.

.....GREAT call bud......

Elmo Wright is a former American football wide receiver in the National Football League (NFL). While at the University of Houston, he became the first football player ever to perform an end zone dance.[1]

Wright was an All-American receiver for the Cougars and, somewhere during his collegiate career, he began the practice of "high-stepping" into the end zone at the end of long touchdown receptions. While this was no comparison to the antics later displayed by such famed celebrators as Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Ickey Woods or Terrell Owens, it was almost equally shocking at the time.

Following his college playing days, Wright went on to star for the Kansas City Chiefs.

He currently resides in Houston, TX.

......Icky Shuffle and Dirty Bird were some good ones as well.....Goodell would lock 'em up today.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Elmo Wright is a former American football wide receiver in the National Football League (NFL). While at the University of Houston, he became the first football player ever to perform an end zone dance.[1]

Wright was an All-American receiver for the Cougars and, somewhere during his collegiate career, he began the practice of "high-stepping" into the end zone at the end of long touchdown receptions. While this was no comparison to the antics later displayed by such famed celebrators as Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Ickey Woods or Terrell Owens, it was almost equally shocking at the time.

Following his college playing days, Wright went on to star for the Kansas City Chiefs.

He used to do this thing in the endzone like he was running in place, but he was moving his legs fast and bringing his knees up as high as they would go.

(quote him) this is my point. The nfl has become a league where everyone looks to see who can out do who. I and my wife are sick of it. We usually watch the game on sunday but this week we might stop watching until they stop these dumb td protests. In actuality we might protest their td protests because then they might stop doing them. Our local weather lady in arizona is always looking for stories and she might like how we are making awareness for this kind of thing.

Jesus....get a life....

Jesus....get a life....

I get that you might not agree with Howard's sentiments. A lot of us disagree with him most of the time.

However ... he did honorably serve our country and deserves some respect. Just throwing that out there.

Go Bills.

......Icky Shuffle and Dirty Bird were some good ones as well.....Goodell would lock 'em up today.....

I am somewhat of an old time Florida guy. My family lived there in the 1960's. For some reason, the Chiefs were often the featured team on TV. My sister and I used to get a big kick out of the touchdown dances. I think it was Otis Taylor who was our favorite.

He used to do this thing in the endzone like he was running in place, but he was moving his legs fast and bringing his knees up as high as they would go.

Props to you. All I remember is having his football card.

Did Rick Upchurch do any dancing/celebrating or was he just the bandana sticking out from the helmet guy?

I remember when guys used to score a td at Rich stadium or even the Rockpile. My wife and son would say "dad watch him spike the ball" and weed laugh at how the ball would bounce when they threw it to the ground. Ive seen all kinds of td dances lately like the bathtub washing and the shoot the dog and the boxing match. Why do these guys feel the need to look like goofs doing these dances? At least Gronkorski just throws the ball in to the turf. Then there are these other guys that need to make a specktackle of themselves and they look dumb. They walk a dog or they pee like a dog but they look dumb. I hope Mcdermott doesn't put up with these weird dances. We are better then this.

I'm going to have to call out the plagiarism above. I knew I had seen this language somewhere before

510%2BZrn8B9L.jpg

I get that you might not agree with Howard's sentiments. A lot of us disagree with him most of the time.

However ... he did honorably serve our country and deserves some respect. Just throwing that out there.

Go Bills.

(quote him) thanks for the kind words. People some times dont understand my years in the postal service as something they should thank me for. Really I served to make sure the lines of communication were always open for people to write letters and send cards and get packages. I wouldn't trade it for any other career and not for these young guys who make a fools of themselves on a weekly basis. Never would any of my guys do that on a route after a busy day of sorting or delivering. I wouldn't let them because i always told them to treat their service to the post office as a privilege and act like you have delivered thousands of packages before. Some younger boys would slap hands or cheer the older guys on when they got back from their routes in bad weather and I always told them to simmer down and get back to work. But i was proud of them sons a b's and the work they did and they didn't need to do no cockamamie dance to show how well they served you and me.

I never understand why it isn't standard procedure for a player to just drop or place the ball on the ground in the area where the ref will use it to mark the new line of scrimmage.

It used to be back in the early days when it was mostly white guys that can't dance playing. Now it's some kind of silly talent show of one-upsmanship for twitter.

Edited by T-Bomb

(quote him) thanks for the kind words. People some times dont understand my years in the postal service as something they should thank me for. Really I served to make sure the lines of communication were always open for people to write letters and send cards and get packages. I wouldn't trade it for any other career and not for these young guys who make a fools of themselves on a weekly basis. Never would any of my guys do that on a route after a busy day of sorting or delivering. I wouldn't let them because i always told them to treat their service to the post office as a privilege and act like you have delivered thousands of packages before. Some younger boys would slap hands or cheer the older guys on when they got back from their routes in bad weather and I always told them to simmer down and get back to work. But i was proud of them sons a b's and the work they did and they didn't need to do no cockamamie dance to show how well they served you and me.

Thank you for your service. Did you ever get to meet Cliff Claven?