Why are MNF ratings low this season?

CodeMonkey

MNF popularity  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason for the decline in MNF ratings this season?

• Lack of interest in the teams playing.
    • General decrease in popularity of tackle football.
    • Anthem protests.
    • Other (post reason in topic)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demographic changes. My family brothers dad no longer go to games or watch football. This started around 2014. I think people are aging out. Its nice to blame other factors, but most fans are old now. Younger fans dont care about watching games, so much as they do about stats/fantasy.

officiating and commercials.

I do think the officiating is a factor. You cant have a punt with a return without a flag. The catch rule cant be explained. The key breaks the better teams sure as hell seem to get at critical moments.

Edited by billsfan714

I do think the officiating is a factor. You cant have a punt with a return without a flag. The catch rule cant be explained. The key breaks the better teams sure as hell seem to get at critical moments.

There were a lot of flags last night but I have to say.... there were a lot of fouls. The standard of play, especially on offensive lines, is so sloppy. Either we tell refs to just allow holding for the benefit of a tv spectacle or we want the games refereed properly and they throw flags.

There were a lot of flags last night but I have to say.... there were a lot of fouls. The standard of play, especially on offensive lines, is so sloppy. Either we tell refs to just allow holding for the benefit of a tv spectacle or we want the games refereed properly and they throw flags.

Lot of tough injuries too...

Bingo! Take away the Thursday night games and watch the MNF resurgence.

After a tough day at the ratrace, I'm not sitting down to spend hours watching.... Browns at 49ers.... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, thanks MNF!!!!!

Romo, for me, is destroying all the other puppetheads pretending to do anything calling a game.

He explains the game in quick and useful detail, anticipates correctly what they are thinking for strategy.

Makes Collinsworth and Gruden even worse to me, didn't think that was possible.

C&G: "hyuck hyuck the refs were right again, they always are..."

C&G: "the QB stood there and then threw it, catch of the century, wow!!"

Romo, for me, is destroying all the other puppetheads pretending to do anything calling a game.

He explains the game in quick and useful detail, anticipates correctly what they are thinking for strategy.

Makes Collinsworth and Gruden even worse to me, didn't think that was possible.

C&G: "hyuck hyuck the refs were right again, they always are..."

C&G: "the QB stood there and then threw it, catch of the century, wow!!"

I hate Gruden but I have always liked Collinsworth. Think he is not afraid to criticise players or to disagree with his play by play guy.

I hate Gruden but I have always liked Collinsworth. Think he is not afraid to criticise players or to disagree with his play by play guy.

Like Collinsworth isn't a dealbreaker, but he's too corny and moralistic as well.

"I looked Tom in the eye, I looked Tom in the eye, and I said I DON"T KNOW!!!"

repeat in a hillbilly whiny voice 35 friggin times already....