Hey Bills fans

Ice bowl 67

First off hope you beat the Bucs next week. Second now I know how you guys have felt at times after yesterday, ouch. Hopefully you guys can go to the Superbowl now that were out of it.

Sympathy, man!

On the other hand.. and maybe it's just me fishing for the Silver Lining....Rodgers has been so superb that the Pack's D has been, IMHO, allowed to fall into disrepair since 2010 #2 D that won the Superbowl.

If adapting to Football Without Rodgers motivates the Pack to really improve and tighten up on D, then watch out Next Year.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

this probably sounds horrible , but If it was Marcell body slamming Brady, i'm more in agreement with you.

I'm feeling kinda dirty right now...

Hahaha. Ya I just don't think the guy did anything wrong. He hit him less than a second after he threw it and game time speed happens so fast.

That play happens almost every game in the NFL and never even gets called for a flag. Especially when A rod is out of the pocket and is considered a runner

He absolutely could have let up. The ball was well away by the time he hit Rodgers. I've seen that same play flagged dozens of times, in and out of the pocket.

Indeed. If that was Brady, it would have been a double "roughing the passer" with a bonus no-foul flag-pick up due to a flexible 1 yd from scrimmage pick play and a free "just give it to 'em".

Not that I'm bitter.

Not from what I was reading on twitter and Facebook. Everybody or most people were super happy he went down. 2018 season is a long ways off so I guess time to start preparing for that.

Yup, welcome to our world. Most Bills fans have been doing that for years.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Not from what I was reading on twitter and Facebook. Everybody or most people were super happy he went down. 2018 season is a long ways off so I guess time to start preparing for that.

Well since twitter and facebook are the sewer of society, I would say they are not fair representations of the general sentiment.

People hate the Packers because they win, plus they hit the ever-elusive "double franchise qb" whereas they have 2 elite qbs back to back in Favre and Rodgers.

I always root for all the big teams to lose (pats, cowboys, packers, steelers) mostly because a HUGE portion of those fanbases are fair weather bandwagoners that don't know jack. Packers are the least objectionable though as they play far away, aren't in the conference, don't cheat, and never beat us in a super bowl.

And though few years back, I have never seen more opposing fans in our stadium than GB fans that day. Was fun talking **** to all of them at the end, too....

First off hope you beat the Bucs next week. Second now I know how you guys have felt at times after yesterday, ouch. Hopefully you guys can go to the Superbowl now that were out of it.

Two words buddy: Tony Romo.

Tony is enjoying the booth and said he'd only return if it was to a SB contender. I'm calling Tony if I'm the GM of the Pack. Good luck.

You have to like Ice bowl for his frequent visits here, so I always appreciate him coming over.

That said, it reminds me of a Bills-Packers pre-season game I went to way back in 1989, I think. It was at Camp Randall stadium in Madison, WI, so since I was living in Chicago at the time, it was a quick jaunt to see the Bills live, even if it was a meaningless game.

Some time in the first half, Kelly scrambled towards the sidelines and got hammered, and was injured on the play. The Packers faithful were cheering his injury as loudly as a regular season game when he came up lame. When I commented to my buddy about how ridiculous that was given that this was a preseason game, some dude in front me turned around and said, "If you can't take a hit, you shouldn't be playing!"

That pretty much ended any appreciation I would ever have for the Packers.

But Ice bowl is still a good guy...

NFL.com: Rodgers to undergo surgery on broken collarbone

Aaron Rodgers will undergo surgery to repair his injured collarbone, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday.

"Aaron Rodgers suffered a significant injury in the game," McCarthy said. "It will require surgery. He'll be out a minimum of a significant amount of time. Potentially, his season can be over. He'll have surgery here in the near future. After we see how that goes, focus on getting better and healthy - that's all that really matters right now."

McCarthy stopped short of saying definitively that Rodgers' season is over, but surgery likely means a lengthy rehab that would wipe out the rest of 2017. The quarterback was not placed on injured reserve on Monday. If Rodgers goes on IR, he would be out a minimum of eight weeks.

Rodgers is unfortunately likely done for the season.

If you honestly think that it was intentional thank god you didn't watch football pre 2000 where QB's got lit up routinely

I did and believe it was intentional then as well.as now. The Bills, myself included, wanted to hurt Namath's knees everytime we played......Intentional then, intentional now..

ice bowl your team is doing right thing rather than trying off-the-shelf (expired shelf) QB who would not be able to run game plan. Hopefully this will give your backup some experience and front office confidence to put him in game to get Aaron a rest when game is in hand in future.

I actually think the Packers are one of the most liked teams with all fans in the AFC

I agree in many markets.

If you honestly think that it was intentional thank god you didn't watch football pre 2000 where QB's got lit up routinely

Completely disagree. It is hard enough to tackle a QB without a flag as is. At some point you and fans need to accept regardless of what we do to protect players bad hits happen and players will be in vulnerable positions. It's unavoidable.

Frankly football fans today are lucky and spoiled with how QB's are not hit and how the stars are playing longer then ever thanks to rule changes so you can see their excellence. Just about every top QB pre-2000 minus maybe Elway got hit in ways that ended seasons frequently or at minimum would take them out for weeks at a time. The 1990 Bills division clinching game was led by Frank Reich against Dan Marino because Kelly got his knee drilled. I'm sure the networks and fans would've preferred Jim vs Dan but it was what it was. Montana was hit so bad in the 1990 NFC championship it messed him up for the following season and a half. Terry Bradshaw's injury in 1980 ended the Steelers dynasty more or less on spot because he was never the same.

The last decade and a half has basically been a golden era of QB play and see stars out their without much injury at that position. That was not routine and people are too conditioned that it should be now. I honestly don't care to see football neutered in a way that a QB becomes untouchable which some are basically pushing for now. As is the rule changes in 04 and 07 on QB/WR's made it even harder to win without a top QB because if the limits on hitting players. The last thing I care to see is even more regulation in a game is impossible to fully regulate anyway.

Don't forget Dan Marino's injury is what got him into endorsements and commercials. He made more that year in endorsements for he was always available than he made as a QB for which he got paid as well.

When a player like A Rodgers goes down everyone that enjoys the game of football suffers.

Don't give up on the season my friend.

You guys are pretty good manning the QB position.

The Packers are done this season brother. Rodgers is the best QB in the league & it is not even close who is second. Packers aren't rebounding from this one. Unless Hundley is Tom Brady part 2 which he certainly didn't look like Sunday.

I know most people outside of Packer fans didn't mind it. It improves their teams chances of going all the way. Plus everyone hates the Packers as much as the Patriots outside of Green Bay.

That is not true at all, maybe in Chicago/MInn/Dallas, but I think the Pack are one of the more liked franchises in the league.

I know most people outside of Packer fans didn't mind it. It improves their teams chances of going all the way. Plus everyone hates the Packers as much as the Patriots outside of Green Bay.

Honestly, I don't....I enjoy watching the Packers games. I think, not only because they've been fricken good for so long, but because it's a "small" city and have a great following of fans. It's the birthplace of the Super Bowl, football history is rich with the Packers (putting it lightly), and except for McCarthy's intermittent cantankerous approach to the media, they're a likable team overall (at least IMO). Every team has it's douche bags, but every time they're on national tv, I'm watching. And, when you experience 17 years of no freaking QB, you go beyond the point of petty jealousy and you extend empathy. So, I know it sucks, but Packers (as others have said) have a way of getting their QBs ready and you have a decent team. Best of luck and thank you for always keeping it classy when you come here, I've noticed that for quite a while now and just never thought to mention it. :thumbsup::beer:

this probably sounds horrible , but If it was Marcell body slamming Brady, i'm more in agreement with you.

I'm feeling kinda dirty right now...

If it was Marcell on Brady, there would have been a flag and a fine.

thats what i'm thinking,

Not that I enjoy using this as an example , but does BB and the Pats lose football games without Mrs Brady?

ummmm no, not many

well we beat them 16-0 last year in foxboro with a mediocre team. the GENIUS coach couldn't muster a single point.