Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

Except when #BADOL said that he fell in the draft because he was black, which is claiming that every GM held his race against him. Even the black ones.

You didn't answer the question:

So a white QB with Taylor's arm, athleticism, character, production, experience in a pro-style system and the intelligence to both audible at the LOS AND make the line calls for VA Tech wouldn't get taken until the 6th round?

When you were a white QB teams would be inclined to look for reasons to select you........hence Jake Locker........while when a black QB teams would look for reasons they shouldn't.

That's the nature of bias we are talking about.........not race hate.

Things have changed some since 2011 and players like Wilson and Taylor are why..........the black QB bias is not what it was even then so be careful not to look at it thru the lens of today.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a white QB with Taylor's arm, athleticism, character, production, experience in a pro-style system and the intelligence to both audible at the LOS AND make the line calls for VA Tech wouldn't get taken until the 6th round?

When you were a white QB teams would be inclined to look for reasons to select you........hence Jake Locker........while when a black QB teams would look for reasons they shouldn't.

Things have changed some since 2011 and players like Wilson and Taylor are why..........the black QB bias is not what it was even then so be careful not to look at it thru the lens of today.

Yes, the year a black QB was selected 1st overall with a history of legal and maturity issues was truly an era of severe bias clouding over all. C'mon man!

A white QB may have gone higher than Taylor. He also may not have. A black RB with McCaff's measurables may have gone higher. He also may not have.

Eric Crouch the QB at Nebraska wasn't even drafted to play QB in the NFL. He was drafted to play safety just like the Ravens tried to make Taylor a corner.

Even though they were both great college QB's, they knew they would struggle adapting to passing in the NFL.

Yes, the year a black QB was selected 1st overall with a history of legal and maturity issues was truly an era of severe bias clouding over all. C'mon man!

A white QB may have gone higher than Taylor. He also may not have. A black RB with McCaff's measurables may have gone higher. He also may not have.

Whoa, racial bitterness much?

Bad look.

The bottom line is Tyrod is right.......he is held to a higher standard and race is a factor......he's used it as motivation.

I hope he gets replaced by an Aaron Rodgers type soon but I don't blame him for not being able to put up 24 ppg without talent around him.

I've seen him lead one of the better offenses in the league despite one of the worst WR corps most weeks in 2016.........but the garbage they have now is on an entirely different level.

Worst Bills WR corps ever........possibly the worst in the NFL in two decades.

Bad look.

The bottom line is Tyrod is right.......he is held to a higher standard and race is a factor......he's used it as motivation.

I hope he gets replaced by an Aaron Rodgers type soon but I don't blame him for not being able to put up 24 ppg without talent around him.

I've seen him lead one of the better offenses in the league despite one of the worst WR corps most weeks in 2016.........but the garbage they have now is on an entirely different level.

Another QB is Chris Rix. The only 4 year starter under Bowden at FSU. Won 4 bowl games. Ranks at the top of FSU production records but went undrafted. Undrafted.

Eric Crouch the QB at Nebraska wasn't even drafted to play QB in the NFL. He was drafted to play safety just like the Ravens tried to make Taylor a corner.

Even though they were both great college QB's, they knew they would struggle adapting to passing in the NFL.

Taylor started for 4 seasons in a pro-style passing offense and had authority to audible at the LOS and made the line calls that are usually reserved for the center even in the NFL.

Crouch was simply an option QB.

Apples/Oranges.

Yours is an example of what looks like a very racist perspective but is probably just you being football dumb and too lazy to research a point you extracted from your backside.

Bad look.

You missed the obvious point that we don't know.

Again, laughable you called 2011 a bad lyear in terms of racial bias when a black QB went #1 overall after getting kicked out of UF.

Cam should've been a second rounder at best with all those GM's who were sleeping on TT, right? Or do people selectively apply unconscious bias?

Edited by jmc12290

BADOL with historically bad takes in this thread. Yikes.

Tyrod is 3-2 & people want him benched. He has almost no weapons in terms of WRs & TEs. That says it all right there.

Why do people say Tyrod is 3-2 like hes been carrying this team? Edited by Bangarang

BADOL with historically bad takes in this thread. Yikes.

Why do people say Tyrod is 3-2 like hes been carrying this team?

I haven't seen one good argument against my points from anyone whose perspective on this board I respect......certainly not an idiot like you........and including jmc12290 who is usually my personal ballwasher. :lol:

When he delivers us a winning record and throws for 4000 extrapolated yards Id consider it. But until then I can think of better candidates.

I don't care about yards. Make the playoffs though and he goes on the ring and we build statue of him and put it next to the One of Ralph.

Taylor started for 4 seasons in a pro-style passing offense and had authority to audible at the LOS and made the line calls that are usually reserved for the center even in the NFL.

Crouch was simply an option QB.

Apples/Oranges.

Yours is an example of what looks like a very racist perspective but is probably just you being football dumb and too lazy to research a point you extracted from your backside.

LOL...

Taylor had a 57% completion percentage in college!

Harbaugh tried to make him a corner. I guess Harbaugh is racist.

Baldo calling someone football dumb. The guy with the lowest football IQ on this board LOL.

I haven't seen one good argument against my points from anyone whose perspective on this board I respect......certainly not an idiot like you........and including jmc12290 who is usually my personal ballwasher. :lol:

That's because you're not smart enough to know when a good point is made against you.