Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

So a white QB with Taylor's arm, athleticism, character, production, experience in a pro-style system and the intelligence to both audible at the LOS AND make the line calls for VA Tech wouldn't get taken until the 6th round?

Look, I hate the overplay of racism.....I think there is often a reverse racism in play and that the anthem protests are preaching to the choir and racially divisive.

But Taylor was taken by a black GM in the 6th round that didn't need a QB because he was bpa BY A LOT.

And then there is Jake Locker.........lesser player in almost every respect.......taken in the first round.

Have we not already determined that Russell Wilson should have been a first round pick?

Taylor should have been taken in the early rounds as well......no question about it........and anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know the value of QB play or has an agenda.

Face it.......race was a big factor in his low pedigree........and his low pedigree has been a big factor in fans and analysts perception of him..........therefore race is a big factor in the double standard.

As for currently, there is a very vocal minority of racists at the stadium and calling in to radio shows etc..

It's MUCH smaller than it used to be........but based on talking to them and hearing them in the stadium I'd still put that vocal figure close to 10% of the white males in the stadium.

And even among that group I think it's more of a creeping feeling that having a black QB is a disadvantage than it is any kind of racial hate.

I'd say that figure is less here........but they exist for sure and that is part of the vocal Tyrod hate.

Without it.......he has less critics AND more vocal support.

The racial element bothers the much higher % of people who hate Taylor that are just football-dumb.............because they get lumped in with them as racists...........but unfortunately you guys have racism on your side on the anti-Taylor team.

Absolutely absurd. Taylor was a typical one-read/running QB at VT, which is why he wasn't considered a serious QB candidate in the NFL. Where is your theory in regards to EJ Manual, a 4th round talent who was taken mid-first? And why didn't the black GM draft Taylor in the 2d, 3d, 4th or 5th if he was such a supreme talent?

The only thing as ignorant and pathetic as outright racism are the people who refuse to acknowledge that racial (and all social) attitudes have shifted enormously in the last 50 years.

To argue that coaches and FO guys who work in a league where over half the players are black and whose careers depend entirely on success would rather draft an inferior player because of race is honestly the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this board.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's as overtly referring to klan type racism as much as the soft biases of high motor vs athletic

And that doesn't have to be the difference between "I'm great" and "he's terrible" but as subtle as the difference between average and slightly below average based on grading a mediocre player against a slightly more stringent rating system

Shhhhhhhhh you are going to ruin the outrage! Things are only 100% one way or 100% the other.......there is no room for subtlety.........ALL-IN or nothing. :thumbsup:

Absolutely absurd. Taylor was a typical one-read/running QB at VT, which is why he wasn't considered a serious QB candidate in the NFL. Where is your theory in regards to EJ Manual, a 4th round talent who was taken mid-first? And why didn't the black GM draft Taylor in the 2d, 3d, 4th or 5th if he was such a supreme talent?

The only thing as ignorant and pathetic as outright racism are the people who refuse to acknowledge that racial (and all social) attitudes have shifted enormously in the last 50 years.

To argue that coaches and FO guys who work in a league where over half the players are black and whose careers depend entirely on success would rather draft an inferior player because of race is honestly the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this board.

you know tiberius #badol (oops) won't engage you seriously. so don't bother. i am better off just picking on them until she gives up.

now that's just blatant racism.

let me guess, you also agree that there are fewer black swimmers because blacks can't swim, too, huh?

You just the dude that loves to argue? All athletes are given equal opportunities, for the most part, to succeed. Most evaluations of athletes are about whether they can play or not. There is nothing racist about that.

If you truly believe that front office and coaching positions work like that, youre wrong.

We were racist in 2011. You forget. Cam Newton almost went undrafted if not for one brave GM taking a stand.

You just the dude that loves to argue? All athletes are given equal opportunities, for the most part, to succeed. Most evaluations of athletes are about whether they can play or not. There is nothing racist about that.

If you truly believe that front office and coaching positions work like that, youre wrong.

you just said blacks are more athletic than white athletes. that's racist. and stupid.

We were racist in 2011. You forget. Cam Newton almost went undrafted if not for one brave GM taking a stand.

Correct. And remember when Redskins fans revolted over them trading up for RG3?

How about all the Cowboys fans who are still angry about Romo being pushing into retirement by Prescott.

:rolleyes:

My grandfarher and his 3 brothers sold newspapers on the street corner on Best street because no one would hire Italians. They all saved enough money together and opened a deli. The same happened to Italians all over- laugh if you want but if you do some research you will find the truth.

Sounds like your Granpa struggled the same way most new immigrant groups did once they landed on Ellis Island (Or the port of New Orleans, or San Francisco etc.) The Irish got it too, as did the Poles... Imagine your

Granpa saving his money, opening a deli, only to have it burned down by Jboyst's ancestors for being in the wrong neighborhood... Then B-man's great uncle shows up to tell him not to go to the voting polls "or else"...

That's the kind of oppression I'm talking about... :lol:

Edited by #34fan

Perhaps more African Americans are playing football at the lower levels, and thusly the high school level. It's not a cross section of society as a whole. Neither is the NFL HC/ GM world. There are only 32 teams. It's a good old boy network of the same recycled coaches for years.its about money and who you know all the way to ownership. That's just how things are. Are Asians overrepresented in Tech jobs? Is that an issue?

Sounds like your Granpa struggled the same way most new immigrant groups did once they landed on Ellis Island (Or the port of New Orleans, or San Francisco etc.) The Irish got it too, as did the Poles... Imagine your

Granpa saving his money, opening a deli, only to have it burned down by Jboyst's ancestors for being in the wrong neighborhood... Then B-man's great uncle shows up to tell him not to go to the voting polls "or else"...

That's the kind of oppression I'm talking about... :lol:

There was alot more that happened- my whole point is we all have to keep working hard and seizing opportunities.

you haven't seen one argument against your post because it's like arguing with a wall. you won't accept a good argument, you aren't capable of it, and those that would engage you in it are those which cannot do so.

i could rip you apart, i could ask you to reply to my reply to the authors of this article at billswire and buffalo news, both of which are too coward to come back and even reply. (edit - it says a lot that i am willing to knock the snot out of the two sources of this horrible and propaganda style story - it says even more they have their tails between their legs and showed their Tim Grahams on the way out).

maybe you can try for them. try that, i'll gain some respect for you and we can have a lively debate. until then, you are just stirring a pot of your own bull **** and full of what comes from its rear.

You're an idiot. You've demonstrated it here over 33,000 times. You've probably heard "you're an idiot" at least 66,000 times.

There's no complicated argument here, and I can assure you, you're no MENSA candidate.

Tyrod made an observation about general perception of black QBs and black NFL players in general being held to different standards and being labeled differently. It's not a revelatory observation. He says as much in the interview.

Now, as a fan, you can either respond to that as "He has a point," or "Shut up, you suck."

We can all see where you stand. You're not blowing anyone's mind. You're just not smart.

You're an idiot. You've demonstrated it here over 33,000 times. You've probably heard "you're an idiot" at least 66,000 times.

There's no complicated argument here, and I can assure you, you're no MENSA candidate.

Tyrod made an observation about general perception of black QBs and black NFL players in general being held to different standards and being labeled differently. It's not a revelatory observation. He says as much in the interview.

Now, as a fan, you can either respond to that as "He has a point," or "Shut up, you suck."

We can all see where you stand. You're not blowing anyone's mind. You're just not smart.

Or, "I disagree."

But perhaps not...

oh, so dramatic, baby.

i can say i don't give a **** what you think because i think you are wrong. i can think your #feelings are appreciated and many agree with you - but it's uniquely charming for you to get personal. 33k posts and all that mumbojumbo about what i've said... i don't know if you'd know anything i've said. i don't know anything you've said but recognize you've been here a while because i recognize you

i find myself losing interest in what you said so i am going to stop righ

Yeah, you can disagree. Go for it. I'm sure your experiences as a black NFL athlete are more credible than Tyrod's. He should be listening to you!

and i'm sure your cucked ass understands them, too. i'm sure your experiences as anything more than a nutgobbling fan can relate you to anything.

we're fans, you idiot. we are fans. we do not know what it's like to be in their shoes - atl east 98.32% of us don't.

but again, you're in LA, i imagine you see things differently out there. i'm done with you because you actually can't engage in anything i can approach. far above my mensa level.

oh, so dramatic, baby.

i can say i don't give a **** what you think because i think you are wrong. i can think your #feelings are appreciated and many agree with you - but it's uniquely charming for you to get personal. 33k posts and all that mumbojumbo about what i've said... i don't know if you'd know anything i've said. i don't know anything you've said but recognize you've been here a while because i recognize you

i find myself losing interest in what you said so i am going to stop righ

Glad you stopped. First sensible decision you've made today.

Sorry I hurt your feelings by "getting personal" — not sure if you saw your last dozen posts in this thread, but they were extremely obnoxious.

and i'm sure your cucked ass understands them, too. i'm sure your experiences as anything more than a nutgobbling fan can relate you to anything.

we're fans, you idiot. we are fans. we do not know what it's like to be in their shoes - atl east 98.32% of us don't.

but again, you're in LA, i imagine you see things differently out there. i'm done with you because you actually can't engage in anything i can approach. far above my mensa level.

Wait a second, weren't you JUST trying to play the moral high ground, like, ONE post ago? Something about you being offended that I "went personal"?

Anyway, it's nice to see you admit that you don't know what you're talking about. The next step for you would be to apply that observation. Try listening and reading and thinking before you start typing.

Because you are filling this board 33,000+ posts of pure garbage.