Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

Glad you stopped. First sensible decision you've made today.

Sorry I hurt your feelings by "getting personal" — not sure if you saw your last dozen posts in this thread, but they were extremely obnoxious.

you didn't hurt my feelings. you're the type of insecure person to think i have feelings.

trust me, and those who have met me will attest. i am an arrogant piece of **** !@#$ who doesn't take kindly to being annoyed. as i generally just ignore the likes of you but the likes of you is usually too intimidated to say much to folks like me.

when you can learn to discuss a football matter without just knocking around someones opinion and engage in the discussion you'll be treated like a man. until then, sit down at the kids table and you and i can have a food fight or put peas up our nose.

you got this high horse, i guess LA Grant is #Baldols alter ego? has to be.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a second, weren't you JUST trying to play the moral high ground, like, ONE post ago? Something about you being offended that I "went personal"?

Anyway, it's nice to see you admit that you don't know what you're talking about. The next step for you would be to apply that observation. Try listening and reading and thinking before you start typing.

Because you are filling this board 33,000+ posts of pure garbage.

thanks, thats your opinion. i've said more in 435 posts than you'd ever say with 33k.

further, i said my peace earlier on. the buffalo news guy who posts here defended this garbage piece and i was actually trying to buy in to the buffalo news trying to turn a page. and the bills wire piece was even worse.

go back to that reply. and we can start there, until then i'll ignore any lack of contribution you will offer to this thread as there is litereally nothing more worth saying to you.

enjoy la, go have drinks with weinstein.

you didn't hurt my feelings. you're the type of insecure person to think i have feelings.

trust me, and those who have met me will attest. i am an arrogant piece of **** !@#$ who doesn't take kindly to being annoyed. as i generally just ignore the likes of you but the likes of you is usually too intimidated to say much to folks like me.

when you can learn to discuss a football matter without just knocking around someones opinion and engage in the discussion you'll be treated like a man. until then, sit down at the kids table and you and i can have a food fight or put peas up our nose.

you got this high horse, i guess LA Grant is #Baldols alter ego? has to be.

No, see, this was and is my point in responding to you — you don't have a point. Part of the reason you're unable to articulate your point is (a) you're inarticulate and (b) you have no point. That's why all of your posts look like they could've been written on a bathroom wall.

No, see, this was and is my point in responding to you — you don't have a point. Part of the reason you're unable to articulate your point is (a) you're inarticulate and (b) you have no point. That's why all of your posts look like they could've been written on a bathroom wall.

see below. when you can engage this you'll be worth something. until then, keep dancing with me. clearly it makes no difference to me but it aggigtates you. just like badol, you all dance for me.

wanna do the macarana nesxt?

the media likes to stir the pot, push narratives for low hanging fruit (selling the sins, if you will) and panders to those which will obviously seek this material out to use it to further embolden their beliefs, create more dissension and most importantly be able to produce another headline.

i mean, this is what the buffalo news chose to do and i won't bother reading billswire because its likely worse.

but that is just pure shittastic journalism. that's throwing **** at the wall with no basis. tom brady is a sore loser, i've seen him called that, and i call him that. i call cam newton a sore loser. and i don't know much about rivers to give two *****. but journalism about #feelings make you snowflake media become Tim Graham-ishly silly.

newton, a great sources for this information as he has shown to be an idiot. newton, who just a few weeks ago made one of the stupidst comments to a woman you could imagine. now he's getting praised because he #feels something ridiculous like this? the charlotte media and panther fanbase love that man that he could do no wrong.

what about michael vick, too? doug flutie? why not mention those two? there have been many mobile quarterbacks. why didn't the BN or anyone question taylor on his idiotic comment there - because flutie was as OG black as any mofo on the street, yo.

there is a !@#$ton of crictism on carr. but he's new, and can't even enter this discussion from my take. but rodgers, brady, wilson, these guys he mention win things. they can get away with their style of play when it wins. it has nothing to do with their skin color. football fans will cheer a man who killed toddlers the night before the big game.

being "probably" unfair is such a cop out and real journalists would have pressed him on this and not done an Oprah softball to the dude.

of course there will be a subsection of those fans when you are a mediocre quarterback. there are fans who want all sorts of things because we want a better team and obviously he isn't the very best. this is also a great fluff line from a journalist.

look, i can appreciate good journalism but when it is shaped to a **** piece like this its a joke.

go, media, go... go to hell with this crap.

------------

edit

ok, i read the bills wire piece. took 90 seconds, so i didn't lose anything of value. but, take a look at this beatuy of a line.

that's something a 7th grade debate team would tear in to and ask... since 2015, how many black QB's has there been? because, that sort of matters. also, what about games played and not played? bridgewater was hurt, otherwise he'd likely be there.

11 and 12 are black on that list

and only 8 qb's on that list are black in total.

also, change your data up to include any qb to start a game in that time.

70 qb's

18 black dude in there, and one johnathon manziel.

so... your data that concludes every qb for whatever reason focused on 2015 ( sure taylors first year, but in a vacuum everything is cute for journalism) makes taylor among the minority at the position when only 4 of the top ten passers in the league are rushing as much as he is?

i mean, waht the hell does that even mean?

hell, only half of those qb's in the top 10 are bona fide career starters.

i could go on and on with this tearing you and this article to shreds as being nothing more than terrible journalism but i will hold back because it won't matter with you disagreeing on anything because it doesn't fit the agenda of poor garbage.

that was the point i made page 5. its been the point to josh and bills wire who were both too coward to respond. maybe you can try. but i imagine your post would be something, well, to steal from you, would be smeared across the bathroom wall when you missed the target.

Absolutely absurd. Taylor was a typical one-read/running QB at VT, which is why he wasn't considered a serious QB candidate in the NFL. Where is your theory in regards to EJ Manual, a 4th round talent who was taken mid-first? And why didn't the black GM draft Taylor in the 2d, 3d, 4th or 5th if he was such a supreme talent?

The only thing as ignorant and pathetic as outright racism are the people who refuse to acknowledge that racial (and all social) attitudes have shifted enormously in the last 50 years.

To argue that coaches and FO guys who work in a league where over half the players are black and whose careers depend entirely on success would rather draft an inferior player because of race is honestly the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this board.

I referenced an interesting article I've posted a few times through the years- with the rockets gm talking about how appearance biases effected scouts (we compare guys to other players they look like - not just on tape but physically too)

He forces scouts to finish phrases like "the prospect has a first step similar to..." with players of different race to avoid lazy comparisons.

You can point at these coaches, gms, and scouts as immune but we watch them fall victim to all kinds of silly biases or bad decision making processes

the media likes to stir the pot, push narratives for low hanging fruit (selling the sins, if you will) and panders to those which will obviously seek this material out to use it to further embolden their beliefs, create more dissension and most importantly be able to produce another headline.

i mean, this is what the buffalo news chose to do and i won't bother reading billswire because its likely worse.

but that is just pure shittastic journalism. that's throwing **** at the wall with no basis. tom brady is a sore loser, i've seen him called that, and i call him that. i call cam newton a sore loser. and i don't know much about rivers to give two *****. but journalism about #feelings make you snowflake media become Tim Graham-ishly silly.

newton, a great sources for this information as he has shown to be an idiot. newton, who just a few weeks ago made one of the stupidst comments to a woman you could imagine. now he's getting praised because he #feels something ridiculous like this? the charlotte media and panther fanbase love that man that he could do no wrong.

what about michael vick, too? doug flutie? why not mention those two? there have been many mobile quarterbacks. why didn't the BN or anyone question taylor on his idiotic comment there - because flutie was as OG black as any mofo on the street, yo.

there is a !@#$ton of crictism on carr. but he's new, and can't even enter this discussion from my take. but rodgers, brady, wilson, these guys he mention win things. they can get away with their style of play when it wins. it has nothing to do with their skin color. football fans will cheer a man who killed toddlers the night before the big game.

being "probably" unfair is such a cop out and real journalists would have pressed him on this and not done an Oprah softball to the dude.

of course there will be a subsection of those fans when you are a mediocre quarterback. there are fans who want all sorts of things because we want a better team and obviously he isn't the very best. this is also a great fluff line from a journalist.

look, i can appreciate good journalism but when it is shaped to a **** piece like this its a joke.

go, media, go... go to hell with this crap.

------------

edit

ok, i read the bills wire piece. took 90 seconds, so i didn't lose anything of value. but, take a look at this beatuy of a line.

that's something a 7th grade debate team would tear in to and ask... since 2015, how many black QB's has there been? because, that sort of matters. also, what about games played and not played? bridgewater was hurt, otherwise he'd likely be there.

11 and 12 are black on that list

and only 8 qb's on that list are black in total.

also, change your data up to include any qb to start a game in that time.

70 qb's

18 black dude in there, and one johnathon manziel.

so... your data that concludes every qb for whatever reason focused on 2015 ( sure taylors first year, but in a vacuum everything is cute for journalism) makes taylor among the minority at the position when only 4 of the top ten passers in the league are rushing as much as he is?

i mean, waht the hell does that even mean?

hell, only half of those qb's in the top 10 are bona fide career starters.

i could go on and on with this tearing you and this article to shreds as being nothing more than terrible journalism but i will hold back because it won't matter with you disagreeing on anything because it doesn't fit the agenda of poor garbage.

Okay, Boyst, I have read through this comment a few times now. Let me point out once again, because you have a hard time processing this — you are borderline incomprehensible, not because you're an undiscovered genius, but because you write at a grade school level.

It looks like your argument is "this is bad journalism" and "the reason it is bad journalism is because Tyrod is criticized only for his play, if he won, he would not be criticized."

So, first of all, no, it's not bad journalism. It's an interview. We're reading to learn what Tyrod Taylor thinks about different things. You think it's bad journalism because you disagree with what he's saying. Attack the messenger. "Fake News."

To the second point, you are correct that players are criticized less when they are winning. Tyrod says this in the interview, by the way. But that's adjacent to the point he was making that is upsetting you, which is that black QBs tend to be labeled and perceived differently — historically, and yes, presently as well. Any sensible person can see that is true.

You bring up the fact that there are more black QBs in the NFL now than in the past as though that means that perception does not still persist. You're correct that people are less resistant to the idea of a black QB than they were when Warren Moon went undrafted, but you are incorrect in assuming that there is no resistance or racism today.

Tyrod was speaking from his experiences, and again, it's no secret that he's had to battle the idea that he's a "run-first QB" unable to pass from the pocket. Obviously yes, some of that is deserved — it's not made up from whole cloth. I haven't seen anyone saying Tyrod is a Top 5 QB — I think we all agree he's middle of the pack with strengths and weaknesses.

It seems like you think Tyrod was suggesting he is only criticized based on race — that's not what he was saying. It was a more general observation about perception that he's had to deal with his life and career, and then he said he uses it as motivation to be better.

Now, why this has upset you so much to post 20, 30, however many times you've laid your droppings in this thread... I can't help you with that.

Edited by LA Grant

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/14/bills-tyrod-taylor-believes-hes-held-to-a-higher-standard-because-hes-african-american/

Last year it was the media's fault when he sucked. Now he's being held to higher standard because he's black ?

He almost makes as many excuses as the fanatical taylorheads here. Try not being at the bottom of qb ranking lists. Leave the race nonsense alone.

"Haters" disappear when you're actually good at your craft like Cam, Jameis, Watson, and Wilson.

holy ****! i'm quite certain he believes everything he said. sad.

this is what you get in a politically correct society. bull **** walks and talks for so long, left becomes right and up becomes down.

my gosh.

Okay, Boyst, I have read through this comment a few times now. Let me point out once again, because you have a hard time processing this — you are borderline incomprehensible, not because you're an undiscovered genius, but because you write at a grade school level.

It looks like your argument is "this is bad journalism" and "the reason it is bad journalism is because Tyrod is criticized only for his play, if he won, he would not be criticized."

So, first of all, no, it's not bad journalism. It's an interview. We're reading to learn what Tyrod Taylor thinks about different things. You think it's bad journalism because you disagree with what he's saying. Attack the messenger. "Fake News."

To the second point, you are correct that players are criticized less when they are winning. Tyrod says this in the interview, by the way. But that's adjacent to the point he was making that is upsetting you, which is that black QBs tend to be labeled and perceived differently — historically, and yes, presently as well. Any sensible person can see that is true.

You bring up the fact that there are more black QBs in the NFL now than in the past as though that means that perception does not still persist. You're correct that people are less resistant to the idea of a black QB than they were when Warren Moon went undrafted, but you are incorrect in assuming that there is no resistance or racism today.

Tyrod was speaking from his experiences, and again, it's no secret that he's had to battle the idea that he's a "run-first QB" unable to pass from the pocket. Obviously yes, some of that is deserved — it's not made up from whole cloth. I haven't seen anyone saying Tyrod is a Top 5 QB — I think we all agree he's middle of the pack with strengths and weaknesses.

It seems like you think Tyrod was suggesting he is only criticized based on race — that's not what he was saying. It was a more general observation about perception that he's had to deal with his life and career, and then he said he uses it as motivation to be better.

Now, why this has upset you so much to post 20, 30, however many times you've laid your droppings in this thread... I can't help you with that.

What does good grammar with no substance look like?

just because you're not able to keep up with adult conversations doesn't make this true unless you subscribe to the theme "all those who disagree with me are Hitler or racist."

My God I expect better of you.

keep them broad strokes up. I'm in NC and clearly a Klan member.

Well, you do like to refer to the black players that kneel as dancing monkeys who should just eat their peanuts and shut up...so if u walk like a duck and quack like a duck, chances are you are likely a duck...therefore don't get upset with other people for calling u out for words that you posted...just own it. Edited by JaCrispy

Well, you do like to refer to the black players that kneel as dancing monkeys who should just eat their peanuts and shut up...so if u walk like a duck and quack like a duck, chances are you are likely a duck...therefore don't get upset with other people for calling u out for words that you posted...just own it.

Did he specifically refer only to the black players?

And are you really dumb enough to think "dancing monkey" is a racist term or are you intentionally conflating a well known race neutral figure of speech for mindless entertainers with something nefarious as an excuse to climb up on your soapbox and cry racism?

Did he specifically refer only to the black players?

And are you really dumb enough to think "dancing monkey" is a racist term or are you intentionally conflating a well known race neutral figure of speech for mindless entertainers with something nefarious as an excuse to climb up on your soapbox and cry racism?

Let me put it to you this way- as a black man, myself, and understanding the history of how blacks have been portrayed to be less than human, and in many ways, characterized as monkeys in early to mid 20th century pop culture, I took great offense to his post...I am, in no way, trying to score brownie points with the PC crowd by "standing on my soap box". So forgive me if it hit a little close to home....and just for the record, I wasn't the only one that felt that post sounded extremely racist...perhaps he finds it a little easier to speak that way coming from North Carolina...but where I come from a comment like that is way out of bounds.

This thread is no longer contributing positively to the community......

I'm starting to notice that whenever boyst62 posts positive contributions are few and far in between

Edited by JaCrispy

Let me put it to you this way- as a black man, myself, and understanding the history of how blacks have been portrayed to be less than human, and in many ways, characterized as monkeys in early to mid 20th century pop culture, I took great offense to his post...I am, in no way, trying to score brownie points with the PC crowd by "standing on my soap box". So forgive me if it hit a little close to home....and just for the record, I wasn't the only one that felt that post sounded extremely racist...perhaps he finds it a little easier to speak that way coming from North Carolina...but where I come from a comment like that is way out of bounds.

I'm a bit more understanding of a black guy feeling that way than I am of a guilty white virtue-signaler, but this looks like a classic case of seeing racism where it isn't present due to past occurences coloring your perception.

is it not time to rise above the past? i mean if we keep living in the past are we not doomed to relive/repeat it? rhetorical really, no response needed. this is a deep and many sided argument and persuasive arguments can be made on many sides.

mistakes litter human history and likely are to litter the future as well. rise above them and strive to be better.

Edited by Foxx