Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We expect both QB's to make big plays more based on athletic ability over intellect in my humble opinion.

If any QB relies on athletic ability over intellect, then said QB will fall flat on his face.

If any QB relies on athletic ability over intellect, then said QB will fall flat on his face.

As seen in the past 2+ seasons right here on the Bills.

People who work in psychiatric hospitals routinely force the patients who are effectively prisoners, to take powerful and potentially dangerous medications. Psychiatric professionals have been proven to almost routinely physically abuse patients. Sexual abuse is common. Mental abuse and an arbitrary denial of basic freedoms are an every day occurrence. One example: Patients who smoke, may not smoke at any time when they are confined (against their will)to the hospital or it's grounds). They simply may not smoke even in outdoor former smoking areas. Phone calls are rationed.

You can deny that you are an abuser of vulnerable populations, but the abuse is part of the culture, and you are part of that culture.

50 years ago, when faced with a troublesome or resistant patient, psychiatric hospitals operated on and destroyed segments of their brains to make them more docile. This operation often crippled or even killed the patient. This was considered an acceptable risk.

50 years ago you were cutting up people's brains if they did not behave as you thought proper. You can't seriously expect us to believe that has all changed.

How do you like it when it is applied to you? Do you admit or deny that you abused people and thought of them as less than you, just because they got sick?

But you never did that right? ;)

And you never saw it done and said nothing, right? *nudge nudge wink wink*

Ok if you say so I will believe you. :)

Everything I say above is true. Be aware that with a little more time and effort I can paint the picture much worse than I already did. And all of it will be true. Is it fair? Is it even accurate to evaluate as a stand alone, without considering the context?

Only you can say.

But if you do Not think it is fair or right then why do you think it is ok to do the same thing to me?

I am a white person. I am not a bigot. And I say Tyrod Taylor can not throw.

Abuse IS absolutely part of the culture in psych hospitals. Only recently (last 10 or so years) have they moved away physically restraining patients at the drop of a hat and moved towards de-escalation techniques using words and communication. Abuse still happens regularly to a very vulnerable population. It is much better since Geraldo's expose on the field and willow brook hospital. However many places are still under staffed and staffed with underqualified people. So although it is better than ever to be a psych hospital patient it still ain't great. Mental health in America is still an issue that many people are dealing with poorly. Again there have been improvements over the last 50 years but there is still much progress to be made. Part of what made me leave was the expectation that people look the other way during abusive situations. I didn't like it and ultimately made a career move into training staff on how to work with the population. This was how I decided to help make the situation better. I never thought of them as less than me because they aren't. They were sick people who needed help getting better. Period. So I think you missed your mark or maybe I missed your point so feel free to clarify.

What I want to ask is why do you think Tyrod is talking to or about you? If you aren't judging him because he is black or using it as a tool he isn't talking about you. He is talking about him feeling like that happens. He didn't say everyone. He didn't say all Bills fans. So if you aren't doing it why in the world are you so defensive about it?

and you are not the first to mention it.

Mac and cheese is good for the heart and soul.

Everyone should get some once in awhile

At the last home game someone brought mac and cheese mixed with extra hot buffalo chicken, man it was really good as a side dish.

Abuse IS absolutely part of the culture in psych hospitals. Only recently (last 10 or so years) have they moved away physically restraining patients at the drop of a hat and moved towards de-escalation techniques using words and communication. Abuse still happens regularly to a very vulnerable population. It is much better since Geraldo's expose on the field and willow brook hospital. However many places are still under staffed and staffed with underqualified people. So although it is better than ever to be a psych hospital patient it still ain't great. Mental health in America is still an issue that many people are dealing with poorly. Again there have been improvements over the last 50 years but there is still much progress to be made. Part of what made me leave was the expectation that people look the other way during abusive situations. I didn't like it and ultimately made a career move into training staff on how to work with the population. This was how I decided to help make the situation better. I never thought of them as less than me because they aren't. They were sick people who needed help getting better. Period. So I think you missed your mark or maybe I missed your point so feel free to clarify.

What I want to ask is why do you think Tyrod is talking to or about you? If you aren't judging him because he is black or using it as a tool he isn't talking about you. He is talking about him feeling like that happens. He didn't say everyone. He didn't say all Bills fans. So if you aren't doing it why in the world are you so defensive about it?

It is you who is saying I am "defensive". I am not. What I am is two things: 1: Aghast 2: Angry

I am aghast because Tyrod has lost his moorings in reality. I had thought that he would be working diligently to improve his shortcomings. Instead I find out that he thinks he is just great.

Someone for sure will come along and tell me that just because he thinks he is doing just wonderfully well doesn't mean he isn't working hard to become a complete QB. So I will say in advance that yes it does. That is exactly what it means. Admitting there is a problem is the first step and he hasn't even taken it after all these years.

And, it tell me the coaches are not being real with him. Which is even worse.

2) I am angry because it is becoming clear that there is seemingly nothing at all the the NFL or it's players will not say to me (In the sense that I am a fan and they say and do things directed at fans).

To name just a few. Pull plug on old message board used by at least 2000 fans and don't even bother to say anything. Repeatedly hold camp practices on back field which has nothing close to the capacity to accommodate the fans in attendance. REFUSE to notify fans in advance that this will happen, or when it will end. Tell me I am a bigot if I do not agree that protests should be held at games. And now Tyrod grinning and stating that fans are crazy to complain because they are almost 5-0. What a funny silly fan I am not to be delighted with almost 5-0 and instead nitpick that two games are losses. But I am just too stupid to understand that I guess so that is funny. And now if I don't like Tyrod as starting QB it is because I am white and a bigot.

I think the Buffalo Fans have been VERY patient with Tyrod. I think we have been so QB starved that he has got quite a lot of slack and support. I think that the many many fans who hoped and believed that Tyrod would learn to become a complete QB even after 6 years of development, and waited for that, and who STILL believe that, deserve some respect and consideration and gratitude for that. Instead we get that those who do not think Tyrod is a top guy, think that because they are racists. He is OWED the support he has gotten from the hopeful fans you see.

You can say he didn't single me me out. He didn't say BadLandsMeanie is a racist. But he sure as hell said that the people who do not think he is a top notch QB are that way because they are bigots. And that blanket accusation includes me and I am under no obligation that I know of to just pass that by like it does not matter.

Getting back to me being angry, he can think whatever he wants. But now we have crossed over to where the teams and players will say whatever they wish.

And my problem is I will not be spoken to that way, least of all by fools.

So there is a very real possibility that I will need to just detach from these ill mannered, self centered, entitled, vulgar people.

And that makes me mad because I will be losing something, and losing it for no good reason.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

...maybe that was the blatant case 30+ years ago.......ask the "eloquent" Tom Brookshire.....RW and Buffalo didn't seem to care with the likes of James Harris or Marlin Briscoe at QB......Warren Moon (CFL career success spawned NFL career success), Doug Williams, Steve McNair, etc broke the "glass ceiling" IMO.....league today is <25% Caucasian so how could there be a higher standard for the 75% majority regardless of position?..any race cards being played over "white WR or RB" jokes?..and the Rooney Rule broke the glass ceiling for coaches & FO execs, but that's to the point where I'm not sure it helps anymore...seems to be too many "token" interviews to just satisfy the Rule where many of these guys easily stand on their own merits....the Rule today almost insults them....just my two cents.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...maybe that was the blatant case 30+ years ago.......ask the "eloquent" Tom Brookshire.....RW and Buffalo didn't seem to care with the likes of James Harris or Marlin Briscoe at QB......Warren Moon (CFL career success spawned NFL career success), Doug Williams, Steve McNair, etc broke the "glass ceiling" IMO.....league today is <25% Caucasian so how could there be a higher standard for the 75% majority regardless of position?..any race cards being played over "white WR or RB" jokes?..and the Rooney Rule broke the glass ceiling for coaches & FO execs, but that's to the point where I'm not sure it helps anymore...seems to be too many "token" interviews to just satisfy the Rule where many of these guys easily stand on their own merits....the Rule today almost insults them....just my two cents.....

Until you walk a mile in another mans shoes you just don't know...

It is you who is saying I am "defensive". I am not. What I am is two things: 1: Aghast 2: Angry

I am aghast because Tyrod has lost his moorings in reality. I had thought that he would be working diligently to improve his shortcomings. Instead I find out that he thinks he is just great.

Someone for sure will come along and tell me that just because he thinks he is doing just wonderfully well doesn't mean he isn't working hard to become a complete QB. So I will say in advance that yes it does. That is exactly what it means. Admitting there is a problem is the first step and he hasn't even taken it after all these years.

2) I am angry because it is becoming clear that there is seemingly nothing at all the the NFL or it's players will not say to me (In the sense that I am a fan and they say and do things directed at fans).

To name just a few. Pull plug on old message board used by at least 2000 fans and don't even bother to say anything. Repeatedly hold camp practices on back field which has nothing close to the capacity to accommodate the fans in attendance. REFUSE to notify fans in advance that this will happen, or when it will end. Tell me I am a bigot if I do not agree that protests should be held at games. And now Tyrod grinning and stating that fans are crazy to complain because they are almost 5-0. What a funny silly fan I am not to be delighted with almost 5-0 and instead nitpick that two games are losses. But I am just too stupid to understand that I guess so that is funny. And now if I don't like Tyrod as starting QB it is because I am white and a bigot.

I think the Buffalo Fans have been VERY patient with Tyrod. I think we have been so QB starved that he has got quite a lot of slack and support. I think that the many many fans who hoped and believed that Tyrod would learn to become a complete QB even after 6 years of development, and waited for that, and who STILL believe that, deserve some respect and consideration and gratitude for that. Instead we get that those who do not think Tyrod is a top guy, think that because they are racists. He is OWED the support he has gotten from the hopeful fans you see.

You can say he didn't single me me out. He didn't say BadLandsMeanie is a racist. But he sure as hell said that the people who do not think he is a top notch QB are that way because they are bigots. And that blanket accusation includes me and I am under no obligation that I know of to just pass that by like it does not matter.

Getting back to me being angry, he can think whatever he wants. But now we have crossed over to where the teams and players will say whatever they wish.

So there is a very real possibility that I will need to just detach from these ill mannered, self centered, entitled, vulgar people.

And that makes me mad because I will be losing something, and losing it for no good reason.

sorry to read you are insulted and angry.

Hope it passes soon.

The only standard we have held QBs to in the last 20 years is don't suck.

This! And have a game winning drive once in a while! A guy who throws for under 200 yards more often then over 200 yards during a season and has surpassed 300 yards only once in his career because of an OT game has nothing to do with race. Part of it is the poor WRs. Part is on play calling. Most of it is on the QB. None of those numbers are because of race.

For the record, I REALLY wanted him to succeed. Would have been the best case scenario to have him play extremely well and use all those picks on best player available.

Edited by DieHardBillsFan

My concern here is Tyrod playing the race card because he feels over-criticized for his play as a QB will diminish the impact of issues regarding race that are more important.

I'm Caucasian, so it's easy for me to say, but I seem to recall a fair amount of criticism being thrown at Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Nick Foles when they were underperforming starting quarterbacks. So much so, they all lost their starting jobs. They have all been criticized to the point that none of them gathers optimism if they are re-inserted as a starter. They are now "retreads."

The fact is, quarterbacks are held to a higher standard because a team's success is linked to the play at that position more than any other. Criticism is going to come with that position. When Tyrod took over the starting job, I was happy because he was the best option. On this roster, I still feel that is true, but there are flaws to his game that have not shown enough improvement to feel confident in him as a long term solution. If Tyrod wants less criticism, then he needs to improve, period.

I'm sure Tyrod came in feeling he would be the one to bring this team back into the playoffs. He has not. He should be willing to hold himself accountable, not look to deflect the issue by making this a racial issue.

Just my two cents.

My concern here is Tyrod playing the race card because he feels over-criticized for his play as a QB will diminish the impact of issues regarding race that are more important.

I'm Caucasian, so it's easy for me to say, but I seem to recall a fair amount of criticism being thrown at Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Nick Foles when they were underperforming starting quarterbacks. So much so, they all lost their starting jobs. They have all been criticized to the point that none of them gathers optimism if they are re-inserted as a starter. They are now "retreads."

The fact is, quarterbacks are held to a higher standard because a team's success is linked to the play at that position more than any other. Criticism is going to come with that position. When Tyrod took over the starting job, I was happy because he was the best option. On this roster, I still feel that is true, but there are flaws to his game that have not shown enough improvement to feel confident in him as a long term solution. If Tyrod wants less criticism, then he needs to improve, period.

I'm sure Tyrod came in feeling he would be the one to bring this team back into the playoffs. He has not. He should be willing to hold himself accountable, not look to deflect the issue by making this a racial issue.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you.

But my reaction is more negative towards what he said because to me being labeled as a racist is EXTREMELY insulting, chiefly because of how stupid you have to be, to be a racist.

You also have to be bad and mean and wrong and sour spirited, but to me top of all that you have to deeply, deeply, stupid to be racist or to remain racist in the case of people who were raised that way and have to learn different.

So the prevailing attitude that if somebody casually accuses me of being racist I shouldn't be upset if I know that I am not and so on, doesn't work.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

I agree with you.

But my reaction is more negative towards what he said because to me being labeled as a racist is EXTREMELY insulting, chiefly because of how stupid you have to be, to be a racist.

You also have to be bad and mean and wrong and sour spirited, but to me top of all that you have to deeply, deeply, stupid to be racist or to remain racist in the case of people who were raised that way and have to learn different.

So the prevailing attitude that if somebody casually accuses me of being racist I shouldn't be upset if I know that I am not and so on, doesn't work.

I see your point here

Dude...

Seems like you are having a minor/major meltdown.

Thanks for the chuckles! :lol::lol:

Most entertaining post I came across on here today.

Dude...

Seems like you are having a minor/major meltdown.

Thanks for the chuckles! :lol::lol:

Most entertaining post I came across on here today.

You are welcome.

I will not respond to your jibe, finding humor in my emotional football crisis, until I am sure you won't share your secret family golumpki (gołąbki) recipe with me. Until then I will attempt to cultivate friendly relations and ignore the less appetizing aspects of your personality.

Also potato pancakes.

In the ideal case, maybe you also have a reasonably presentable, bosomy, female relation who has a fondness for panda bear shaped old people.

If these things come my way you may then taunt me as you wish and call me whichever names you please.

On the other hand, Tyrod Taylor I bet knows as much about golumpkis as he does about reading a defense and HE need to watch his big mouth unless I am getting something in return!

Pleased to make your acquaintance Dave.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

You are welcome.

I will not respond to your jibe, finding humor in my emotional football crisis, until I am sure you won't share your secret family golumpki (gołąbki) recipe with me. Until then I will attempt to cultivate friendly relations and ignore the less appetizing aspects of your personality.

Also potato pancakes.

In the ideal case, maybe you also have a reasonably presentable, bosomy, female relation who has a fondness for panda bear shaped old people.

If these things come my way you may then taunt me as you wish and call me whichever names you please.

On the other hand, Tyrod Taylor I bet knows as much about golumpkis as he does about reading a defense and HE need to watch his big mouth unless I am getting something in return!

Pleased to make your acquaintance Dave.

I thought potato pancakes were a German thing?

No secret family recipe for golabki. Never had a bad one though.

The secret to great pierogi is more butter and fry them till light brown - serve with onions - unfried pierogi is just wrong. Oh - and never make nor buy any pierogi that are stuffed with sweet things unless that sweet thing is cheese. If you have not had pierogi stuffed with fresh polish sausage, you sir are missing out on one of the finest foods on earth.

Pleased to meet your acquaintance Springsteen fan. :thumbsup:

The secret to great pierogi is more butter and fry them till light brown - serve with onions - unfried pierogi is just wrong. Oh - and never make nor buy any pierogi that are stuffed with sweet things unless that sweet thing is cheese. If you have not had pierogi stuffed with fresh polish sausage, you sir are missing out on one of the finest foods on earth.

Polish ones are better. (pancakes)

You are off to a great start. Thank you for the perogie primer.I will get going on that right away.

For now I am assuming that your secret family golabki recipe is so secret, that your family won't even admit that it exists.

Alternately, perhaps your family does not trust you fully enough to have shared it with you yet.

Maybe you could do some work to firm up your family relationships and we can see what comes of that.

Meanwhile thank you very much.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

I have. It was called ravioli.

:lol:

Not the same dough though. Pierogi dough has sour cream in it. That is one of the things that gives it a distinct and different taste.

LOL. I was just messing with you, man! Sounds delicious!

Just my two cents.

Excellent post...couldn't agree more