Sammy Watkins complaining about targets again

Rigotz

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9388/sammy-watkins

After 6 targets and 1 reception for 17 yards combined the last two weeks ... Sammy is complaining on Twitter again.

Doesn't he know it's because every defense schemes around him and his greatness. At least that's what I heard somewhere. Ironically when you're great you don't get targets, yards or receptions. Edited by RaoulDuke79

I've never played with or coached a WR who was worth a damn who didn't express his need for the ball. Is it annoying? Sure. Is it a distraction? Not really. It's expected.

Saying he's "never shown he's an elite receiver in any case" is just flat out inaccurate.

I agree with these thoughts!

If Sam was as good as Sam thinks Sam is, then Sam would be really good. Unfortunately, Sam is wrong. Sam also seems to have a problem with chemistry. Sam likes to complain to the media about his quarterbacks. Quarterbacks don't like Sam. Sam thinks he's earned the right to demand targets. Unfortunately, again, Sam is wrong. Sam takes plays off. Sam won't play through discomfort. Sam is a bad teammate. And on the Rams, Sam is the third best WR.

But Sam is a dick, so don't feel sorry for him.

Bad Sam.

Bad.

It's a smart move by Watkins. If the Rams are trying to keep his cost down by limiting his targets or just simply not interested in making him a focal point, why not plan your exit? He didn't ask to be traded. He likely wants to be a free agent under those circumstances. The second contract is usually a players chance to get paid, while they are relatively young. All good WRs want the ball, it just comes with the territory.

You cretins realize that the ONLY game they did the simple and obvious thing that Sammy is asking for, he had six catches and over 100 yards and two touchdowns in an upset win, right?

Sam had 6 catches for 106 and in the same game Woods had 6 catches for 108 yards. Know what it means? The 49ers have a really bad secondary.

Sam had 6 catches for 106 and in the same game Woods had 6 catches for 108 yards. Know what it means? The 49ers have a really bad secondary.

how much are they paying people to sit there and watch San Fran play football

Or it means that the Niners D isn't exactly the Seahawks.

SamME was also a no show when they played the Skins and Josh Norman.

how much are they paying people to sit there and watch San Fran play football

Fantasy and Gambling is the reason people watch so many out of market games. SF isn't even a bad watch, they can't play D and Hoyer slings the ball around.

It's all adding up to where you have to assume he was not on the "buy in" program McD is looking for and may have been a divisive force behind closed doors.

He seems like a "me first" guy and basically just said as much, and now he's bitching at his team too.

He scored two touchdowns, one on a tremendous effort and also made a spectacular catch of a bomb. When he asked for more targets on the Bills he dominated Revis.

SamME was also a no show when they played the Skins and Josh Norman.

Fantasy and Gambling is the reason people watch so many out of market games. SF isn't even a bad watch, they can't play D and Hoyer slings the ball around.

Perhaps Goff is unwilling to challenge Norman and Sherman, preferring to go elsewhere. I've seen SW beat good corners in his time in BUF. I've also seen Goff ignore an open Watkins to throw to other players. Many factors at play, besides that SW and Goff had little practice time together during the offseason. He's only been there since August, no minicamps , OTAs etc.

He scored two touchdowns, one on a tremendous effort and also made a spectacular catch of a bomb. When he asked for more targets on the Bills he dominated Revis.

The tremendous effort left him with a concussion. Revis was over the hill at that point, that isn't a feather in his cap at all. He is a great deep threat but he can't consistently make catches in traffic and he plays soft. I don't know how that can be denied at this point. If you watched Deandre Hopkins the other night you know what I mean. Sammy will never be that. He's a decent #1 option but not reliable enough to be anything more than a good #2. I think he'll end up getting paid much more than he's worth.

Revis went back to NY to cash checks and get fat. In 14' Watkins had 2 catches against the Pats in one game and 3 in the other. IIRC he didn't combine for 100 yards in those 2 games.

Perhaps Goff is unwilling to challenge Norman and Sherman, preferring to go elsewhere. I've seen SW beat good corners in his time in BUF. I've also seen Goff ignore an open Watkins to throw to other players. Many factors at play, besides that SW and Goff had little practice time together during the offseason. He's only been there since August, no minicamps , OTAs etc.

elite WR's as Sam is supposed to be doesn't need that time. Goff may, but it is unlikely if Watkins was as talented as other actual top 10 WR's ( Brown, Beckham, Larry Fitzgerald, Trevor Graham, Dez Bryant)