McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

I wish there were some financially feasible way to move him now.

Might have to just bite the bullet on this one.

He looked to be a real stud and then bam presto hes a smoking pile of turd.

the guy is a turd.

I agree

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? Dareus has had a rocky road with the Bills from the very beginning...filled with ups and a lot of downs.

I'm not sure his deficient character traits couldn't have been diagnosed prior to the draft.

I would actually rank "bad attitude" or "no character" as MORE IMPORTANT than athletic talent.

I.E., huge talent trumps all concerns, EXCEPT bad attitude or huge character flaws...

And that's b/c no matter how talented you are in sports, if you are a punk dead beat, your talent will not consistently shine through.

I just wonder how much the Bills organization back then tried to assess character issues in guys. Or how much that is really done around the league. It should be a huge priority.

Watch HARD KNOCKS on HBO over the years and all the guys called in to the coach's office to get cut or placed on practice squad, etc...

It is very easy to tell who the good kids are and who have their act together...and who the dead beats are.

I actually think the current regime at OBD is thinking a lot about "character" and considers this a priority.

So that is good!

They drafted by the league rankings,why actually scout or talk to the players ;)

BTW perfect team coming up Cinci,loads of talent plenty of BA's over there.

You are right. It's just our luck though that all of those guys are potential hall of famers and the 1 guy that's not is the one we picked. He has talent worthy of a #3 any other year but in one of the best drafts ever we get the worst of the bunch

I hear you.... me I had delusions that Von would drop to third...

Incredible that even the dud in the top still landed top ranked money

Dareus should be flat out embarrassed by this...he has the talent to dominate but not the will...what a waste.

Sounds a lot like Mario was.

Will he have the same fate? Sure looks like it right now.

Can Dareus become a beast again?

All I know is that Dareus totally pisses off this fan base and rightfully so.

this year it's going to be if Darnold came out we would have Rosen. when Rosen is in the Pro Bowl in 5 yrs we are going to be kicking ourselves

We have no shot at Rosen. Not even close, even if Darnold were to come out. Rosen would be picked well before Darnold anyway. Edited by mannc

We have no shot at Rosen. Not even close.

well sure, now. at one point i was expecting them to trade TT and Shady and go for a QB in the draft. now we just have to enjoy the ride and hopefully it works out. but in the end let's say we don't make the playoffs. meanwhile Rosen ends up being a pro bowl QB. it's going to be a bummer

Interesting so many think Dareus is so bad. The ratings don't show him as anything less than a quality starter. He may not be playing up to his contract, but he is definitely a quality starter.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/buffalo_bills_marcell_dareus_holds_long_streak_in_run_game_says_pro_football_foc.html

well sure, now. at one point i was expecting them to trade TT and Shady and go for a QB in the draft. now we just have to enjoy the ride and hopefully it works out. but in the end let's say we don't make the playoffs. meanwhile Rosen ends up being a pro bowl QB. it's going to be a bummer

Except even in your scenario, I think the Bills would still have a shot at a quality QB. I think Rudolph, Allen, Mayfield, Browning and a few others could turn out to be really good. Some will be available late in the first or even second round.

Interesting so many think Dareus is so bad. The ratings don't show him as anything less than a quality starter. He may not be playing up to his contract, but he is definitely a quality starter.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/buffalo_bills_marcell_dareus_holds_long_streak_in_run_game_says_pro_football_foc.html

wont work man. minds are made up around here.

but I found that to be a great article. it's pretty clear that this defense is made up of a lot of rotation now. a smart move in my opinion by keeping players fresh. when he gets over his nagging injury hopefully soon, I hope he continues to be a force up front, which I believe he will be. right now, he's the whipping boy around here and the only way to silence it to a degree, is to step up and be the force he knows he can be on that line. some will still complain about his money because well, they have to have something to complain about I suppose. I'm pulling for him to get back to form and help this team make it in to the post season?

wont work man. minds are made up around here.

but I found that to be a great article. it's pretty clear that this defense is made up of a lot of rotation now. a smart move in my opinion by keeping players fresh. when he gets over his nagging injury hopefully soon, I hope he continues to be a force up front, which I believe he will be. right now, he's the whipping boy around here and the only way to silence it to a degree, is to step up and be the force he knows he can be on that line. some will still complain about his money because well, they have to have something to complain about I suppose. I'm pulling for him to get back to form and help this team make it in to the post season?

In short - he needs to play UP to the contract.

Paid like a star.

Play like a star.

He hasn't.

Let's all overreact, shall we? He's got a bum ankle. He can still play at probowl level when it heals. Besides, we have only 2 good DT's on the roster. Let's get real. After Kyle and Marcel, the other DT's on this roster are terrible! We have enough holes to fill at LB, C, G, WR, CB and OT ( if Dawkins flops) without adding DT to that list. Also, Lorenzo, Richie and Kyle are near retirement age. And then there's the question of QB. Unless Mr. Beane can do magic, I can't see all those holes getting filled even with all our picks in the next draft and no one is going to trade for him. If he is released, we will be wearing that dead money like an anchor around our necks for far too long.

We're stuck with Marcell. The good news is that he played lights out before Rex arrived. I expect McDermott will use either the carrot or the stick to try to motivate him. If that doesn't work, we are in trouble. Let's hope it does. I'm not buying the notion that our defense has arrived just yet. We're still only 4 games into the season and our run D hasn't looked very good these past 2 weeks. We still have some tough games ahead too.

Let's all overreact, shall we? He's got a bum ankle. He can still play at probowl level when it heals. Besides, we have only 2 good DT's on the roster. Let's get real. After Kyle and Marcel, the other DT's on this roster are terrible! We have enough holes to fill at LB, C, G, WR, CB and OT ( if Dawkins flops) without adding DT to that list. Also, Lorenzo, Richie and Kyle are near retirement age. And then there's the question of QB. Unless Mr. Beane can do magic, I can't see all those holes getting filled even with all our picks in the next draft and no one is going to trade for him. If he is released, we will be wearing that dead money like an anchor around our necks for far too long.

We're stuck with Marcell. The good news is that he played lights out before Rex arrived. I expect McDermott will use either the carrot or the stick to try to motivate him. If that doesn't work, we are in trouble. Let's hope it does. I'm not buying the notion that our defense has arrived just yet. We're still only 4 games into the season and our run D hasn't looked very good these past 2 weeks. We still have some tough games ahead too.

The same dts that are filling in admirably for the individual this thread is about?

We just re sighned wood the center.

Our cbs are fine.

Our lbscare fine.

Our guards are fine. We literally could use a tackle and a wr out of those you listed. You are way overreacting. If Marcell isnt pulling his weight to the likings of this staff and the owner then he will be gone and no amount of hyperbole, overreaction from fans, or blatant lies about his performance will stop thst from happrning.

You should prepare yourself for the possibility of it happening; as from the looks of it its pretty probable.