Bills up to #3 in USA Today power rankings

YoloinOhio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rankings really don't mean anything, but the wins against Denver and Atlanta have to go a long way towards building team confidence and camaraderie.

It demonstrates to me that McDermott belongs as an NFL HC and that his defensive scheme works well with the personnel that we have.

Unfortunately, this team doesn't have much depth. So I guess we'll see how we do now that guys like Milano, Holmes, and Blanton will have to pick up the slack.

The schedule does get a lil easier with Cincy, TB, and the Manuel-led Raiders coming up next.

I think the Bills will face Carr,if its back spasm he should be back this week vs the Ravens

Don't do this to yourselves, fellow Bills fans.

The Bills are in the hunt, for sure. But this is basically saying that they're a Superbowl contender already.

As McD would say, "pump the breaks." I love the way they've played so far, but I'm not paying attention to these rankings until at least half way through the season.

not sure you caught the "meaningless fun" part eh

The power rankings are meaningless, are we #3 in the league, no I really don't feel we are, but I think the overall impression is we are finally getting some respect.

Finally viewed beyond the 17 years of non playoffs as finally having a coach who is putting things together now and poised for a future. Instead of the usual spinning of the wheels.

All of the so called "experts" had us written off as tanking and even some around here.... I'll even admit, I didn't have very high expectations, not a tank, just setting up for next year.

So I say enjoy it, it's a good feeling not to hear the Bills get trashed every time I hear about them on tv or radio.

The Bills are in the hunt, for sure. But this is basically saying that they're a Superbowl contender already.

As McD would say, "pump the breaks." I love the way they've played so far, but I'm not paying attention to these rankings until at least half way through the season.

Well we just beat two recent Super Bowl teams and came within a play of beating a third. Explain why that doesn't make us contenders?

They said Romo only missed two weeks in 2014 with the same fracture. That Raider game is still a month away.

And where is Tony Romo now? You don't eff around with your back.

I believe these these "power rankings" are mainly for the bettors, as guide for the upcoming weeks lines...so basically the Bills are 'scored' with having stronger momentum against their week 5 opponent based on their recent play and that of their opponent. Vegas lines dont have to agree, of course, but usually take these into account to some extent. Vegas lines tend to look at injury reports and past results with the upcoming matchup more than Power Rankings do

From Oddsshark, where the bills are currently #22

"Standings only tell part of the story for fans who like to bet on the NFL. A first-place team may have a lousy defense, but lucked into a 3-0 record by playing three teams even worse than themselves. However, beating the point spread requires the whole story - what are the stat strengths and weaknesses of each team and how can you exploit that data to find edges for your NFL bets? Check out the NFL Power Rankings here at OddsShark.com to get the REAL standings as you handicap the NFL football odds. See below the ratings chart for details on how we create the power ranks."

When they secure a playoff spot, then I'll do a happy dance. Through bitter experience, I've learned not to get my hopes up about this team. There are still 12 games left.

They reported it's a small fracture.

It's a transverse process fracture, which is basically one of the little "wings" along the spine (not a vertebrae). Typically non-surgical, and no real danger of doing serious damage -- I think it's primarily a pain issue.

these rankings tend to be bias or the fact that it will take more than beating two contenders back to back. the patsies**, dirty birds and broncos all ahead of the bills aside from the usa today poll. that said I believe yahoo have them about right at 15.

also it's cool to see the bills running close to carolina as the most exciting win of the week.

go vote!

scroll to the bottom of the webpage.

https://www.nfl.com/

Which team had the most exciting win Sunday?
Buffalo Bills
AFC EAST
|
3 - 1
32%
Carolina Panthers
NFC SOUTH
|
3 - 1
37%
Los Angeles Rams
NFC WEST