We as fans are panicking over the WR position.......

njbuff

But McBeane doesn't seem too concerned about it.

They even released Powell after his suspension was up.

How do you feel about it? Are we overreacting? Are they concerned behind the scenes?

Seems like Taylor is working with the same kind of WR corps as last year, but with a much more productive and healthy Clay.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod doesn't throw to WRs anyway.....at least through this point in the season. Not sure how much they are really concerned about it. With the amount of targets these guys are getting, maybe they think they can just stick anyone in there and have similar production.

That said, I really want a good, fast WR on this team. Would not only open up the passing game, but maybe help clear the box a bit to get this run game going again.

We has fans panic over everything. Shady isn't rushing like last year. TT only throwing for 200 yards per game. Receivers aren't fast enough, etc.

We all think these things to one extent or another yet the team is 3-1 (should be 4-0).

I think McD knows how to game plan and Beane brought in a few players that have helped already. Just going to wait and see what he decides to do and then form an opinion.

My guess, they aren't going to promote Reilly but Dupre.

Tyrod doesn't throw to WRs anyway.....at least through this point in the season. Not sure how much they are really concerned about it. With the amount of targets these guys are getting, maybe they think they can just stick anyone in there and have similar production.

That said, I really want a good, fast WR on this team. Would not only open up the passing game, but maybe help clear the box a bit to get this run game going again.

Because most of them can't get open or catch a pass.

How do you feel about it? Are we overreacting? Are they concerned behind the scenes?

Seems like Taylor is working with the same kind of WR corps as last year, but with a much more productive and healthy Clay.

No it's not an overreaction. Powell is likely no great shakes. They needed an upgrade before Matthews injury. WP wasn't likely to bring a modicum of improvement. I hope they are concerned behind the scenes. What I've seen to date leads me to believe they are not and will simply bring up a practice squad WR with zero NFL catches. I'm not sure what their goal is for this season regardless of the 3-1 record.

Saying our WR group is in dire straits is no over reaction, its really the worst group in the NFL without Jordan, and even with Jordan we are still a pretty weak group overall.

If ZJ can't figure out how to get his act together, we are in real trouble at WR. He's now by default our top guy and he is not the same guy he was in the preseason. His routes are poor, his feet are terrible, and his hands have been atrocious.

At least with Jordan out there, you couldn't just completely focus on Clay and McCoy...without Jordan, teams are just gonna double Clay and spy McCoy and challenge our other WRs to beat them and that concerns me.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Because we don't have any...he threw to Woods and Sammy often

+ 1 Bingo It will be fine, for now...