I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

Again the point about 300 is that it is a benchmark that EVERY COMPETENT QB IN THE NFL can throw for....... The Bills are the only team in the NFL that avoids it like the plague.

I am a terrible fan to say I am more entertained by a 28-24 game (W) with 300 yards passing then a 13-10 win with 180.......

Every year there are going to be 10+ games where you will need the offense and passing attack to win and the Bills refused to address it (actually made it worse).

I think TT is handcuffed in this offense and they got rid of their best receiver for the heck of it......

Here is the 2016 300 Yard passers....

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/300-yard-passing.html?yr=2016

Happened 111 Times...... Once by Buffalo......

So quick math here. If there are 111 times that a QB threw for over 300 yards that's only an average of just 3.5 games per QB that threw over 300 yards.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this is the old refrain for TT and the Bills. Wins are all that counts (and don't forget haven't sniffed at the playoffs since 1999) and always an excuse about the offensive woes.

The Bills are not Jacksonville or Cleveland and it just is amazing the inability of this team to stumble into a 300 yard passing game.

This is the NFL and there are usually at least 10X's during the season you need to throw for 300 yards in order to win a game and this team has an offense that has in the last 2+ years shown they are incapable of doing that.

And to those going on about going 4-6 last week (they were by the way 6-0 week one throwing 300 yards), two of those games both QB's threw for 300, Goff threw just under 300 and Hoyer was a 2 point convert from OT, Manning put up 24 points and almost all that passing in the 4th quarter and only TB lost the game decisively.

There is not a team in the league worried that Buffalo can come back against them or beat them by passing and that bothers me.

This is simply incorrect. It might be what you want, but it isn't based in reality.

Last year, in a career year for Matt Ryan, he threw for 300+ yards 6 times. The Falcons lost 2 of those 6 games.

Derek Carr threw for 300+ yards 4 times.

Alex Smith threw for 300+ once, in an overtime game.

Big Ben threw for 300+ 4 times (two of them were exactly 300).

Brady did it 5 times, and the only time they lost with him at QB last year was a 300 yard game from him.

Brees did actually have 10 300+ yards games. The Saints were 4-6 in those games...

Because this is the old refrain for TT and the Bills. Wins are all that counts (and don't forget haven't sniffed at the playoffs since 1999) and always an excuse about the offensive woes.

The Bills are not Jacksonville or Cleveland and it just is amazing the inability of this team to stumble into a 300 yard passing game.

This is the NFL and there are usually at least 10X's during the season you need to throw for 300 yards in order to win a game and this team has an offense that has in the last 2+ years shown they are incapable of doing that.

And to those going on about going 4-6 last week (they were by the way 6-0 week one throwing 300 yards), two of those games both QB's threw for 300, Goff threw just under 300 and Hoyer was a 2 point convert from OT, Manning put up 24 points and almost all that passing in the 4th quarter and only TB lost the game decisively.

There is not a team in the league worried that Buffalo can come back against them or beat them by passing and that bothers me.

Dude, it really depends upon how the team is built. Let's look at the teams that played in the Superbowl the last 5 years, how about that?

2012 Bal vs SF

Baltimore (10-6, Flacco) passed >300 yds 6 times during the reg season all W

San Fran (11-4-1, Smith then Kaep) passed >300 yds 1 time during the regular season, W

2013 Den vs Sea

Denver (12-4, Manning) passed >300 yds 13 times during the regular season, 12 W 1 L

Seattle (13-3, Wilson) passed >300 yds 3 times during the season all W

2014 NE vs Sea

NE (12-4, Brady) passed >300 yds 5 times during the regular season, all W

Sea (12-4, Wilson) passed >300 yds 1x during the season, W

2015 Den vs Car

Den (12-4, Manning/Osweiler) passed >300 yds 2 times during the regular season, W

Car (15-1, Newton) passed >300 yds 3 times during the regular season, W

2016 NE vs Atl

NE (14-2, Brady) passed >300 yds 5 times during the regular season, 4 W 1 L

Atl (11-5, Ryan) passed >300 yds 7 times during the regular season, 5 W 2 L

Clearly, it's bullsh** that "there are usually at least 10x during the regular season that you need to pass >300 yds to win a game" since only 1 of 10 superbowl teams in the last 5 years did so.

Clearly it's also bullsh** that's what you need to do to be successful since 9 teams went to the superbowl (including teams known for strong passing QB) without.

Well QBR said he was the last 2 years and again so far this year. The more advanced the metrics the more they favor him. He's unconventional. At this point, as an example, he's a way better player than Flacco. People remember Flacco's 2012 playoff run but when you put them side-by-side Tyrod has been better.

1). If their salaries are equal, would anyone take Taylor over Flacco? I really find that hard to believe.

2). This season is pretty much what Taylor is. He played ok against a crap team. He played completely terrible against a good defense. He played really well against a really good defense. This is what he does and theres no consistency.

3). Passing yards can be overrated. But the nfl begs you to pass. Fans are honestly satisfied with 187 yards a game? Have you ever watched good qbs play? It looks like a different sport.

Tyrod is an average to slightly below average starter. This team did him no favors this offseason. But this was my whole problem with keeping him. Some posters will talk themselves into him being good enough long term. He will also help win enough games so we dont get a high draft pick. With KC looking like one of the best teams in the back, we will struggle with having enough ammo to move up to have our choice of a qb in the draft and have to settle for this years Losman. If that happens, what a waste of a year.

That said, nothing would make me happier if TT could string together good starts and take us to the playoffs. I would love to be wrong about him. But its hard to envision it.

And ready for a ticker tape parade for the Offense?

Please can we see a 300 yard passing game and a win, which every NFL team but the Bills seem capable of?

I have been very critical of Tyrod and even I have no problem with the way he performed this past Sunday. He missed a couple head scratchers but overall he played very well. He stood in the pocket a lot more and save a bunch of plays with his legs.

So you need to throw for 300 yards to win a game around 10 times a season? By that rationale, we'd max out at 6 wins a year.

I think you need to check your math. You forgot to carry the one somewhere.

Edited by QB Bills

Not 6-3 if the final result is a 7-9 season.

Can we wait until we actually see the 7-9 season before you start counting on it?

Newsflash....the defense is better

1). If their salaries are equal, would anyone take Taylor over Flacco? I really find that hard to believe.

2). This season is pretty much what Taylor is. He played ok against a crap team. He played completely terrible against a good defense. He played really well against a really good defense. This is what he does and theres no consistency.

3). Passing yards can be overrated. But the nfl begs you to pass. Fans are honestly satisfied with 187 yards a game? Have you ever watched good qbs play? It looks like a different sport.

Tyrod is an average to slightly below average starter. This team did him no favors this offseason. But this was my whole problem with keeping him. Some posters will talk themselves into him being good enough long term. He will also help win enough games so we dont get a high draft pick. With KC looking like one of the best teams in the back, we will struggle with having enough ammo to move up to have our choice of a qb in the draft and have to settle for this years Losman. If that happens, what a waste of a year.

That said, nothing would make me happier if TT could string together good starts and take us to the playoffs. I would love to be wrong about him. But its hard to envision it.

I could care less about the passing yards per game....there are a lot of other things that TT needs to do well to impress me

- Critical 3rd down throws

- Making throws that NFL WR's can make a play on

- Not taking sacks by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage

- Scoring points in the red zone (and frankly i dont care if its by pass or by his feet)

AND....it needs to be done game to game....not have a strong day then a weak day

Now....if Zay comes down with that catch against Carolina we are sitting undefeated....just sayin....and the fact that the running game is not as good as it was is a big deal here

Can we wait until we actually see the 7-9 season before you start counting on it?

Collletely fair but you say the defense is better after 3 games? I do think they are better but we have played McCown, a regressing Cam, and Siemen. Silly to say anything definites now.

Obviously if they shut down Atlanta, that would be a huge step in the right direction.

I could care less about the passing yards per game....there are a lot of other things that TT needs to do well to impress me

- Critical 3rd down throws

- Making throws that NFL WR's can make a play on

- Not taking sacks by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage

- Scoring points in the red zone (and frankly i dont care if its by pass or by his feet)

AND....it needs to be done game to game....not have a strong day then a weak day

Now....if Zay comes down with that catch against Carolina we are sitting undefeated....just sayin....and the fact that the running game is not as good as it was is a big deal here

John, it shouldnt have even come down to a rookie that game. I know you cant say anything negative about the Bills (I really do respect that) but TT was completely terrible that game.

And the running game isnt good because teams have no respect for Taylor as a passer or our WRs. He made enough plays against Denver but this will be the gameplan going forward all season.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Dude, it really depends upon how the team is built. Let's look at the teams that played in the Superbowl the last 5 years, how about that?

2012 Bal vs SF

San Fran (11-4-1, Smith then Kaep) passed >300 yds 1 time during the regular season, W

2013 Den vs Sea

Denver (12-4, Manning) passed >300 yds 13 times during the regular season, 12 W 1 L

2014 NE vs Sea

2015 Den vs Car

Den (12-4, Manning/Osweiler) passed >300 yds 2 times during the regular season, W

2016 NE vs Atl

Clearly, it's bullsh** that "there are usually at least 10x during the regular season that you need to pass >300 yds to win a game" since only 1 of 10 superbowl teams in the last 5 years did so.

Clearly it's also bullsh** that's what you need to do to be successful since 9 teams went to the superbowl (including teams known for strong passing QB) without.

this should /thread

The Bills are on the bubble again here in December at 8-6, but remember unless Tyrod can put together back to back 300 yard games, they will lose the overall yards passing tie breaker and will have to vacate 5 wins from the 2014 season.

2012 Bal vs SF

2013 Den vs Sea

2014 NE vs Sea

2015 Den vs Car

2016 NE vs Atl

Anyone paying attention absolutely would. Since Tyrod became the starter in 2015 he has outperformed Flacco. I think the Ravens wish they had Tyrod over Flacco and his bloated contract. Contract aside as per your statement:

Tyrod since 2015 (32 games) : 206.89 passing yards per game on 27.97 attempts per game, 246.06 combined yards per game, 7.34 ypa, 41 passing tds and 51 total tds, 13 ints, 62.7 qbr, 96.06 qb rating, 64.16 completiong %

Flacco since 2015 (29 games) : 257.7 passing yards per game on 39.7 attempts per game, 260 combined yards per game, 6.16 ypa(!), 37 passing tds and 42 tds total, 31 ints, 44.57 qbr, 77.27 qb rating, 63.4 completion %

Flacco is the wrong example to use. Tyrod is a much better qb than him. He got hot for one super bowl run (he can thank the Denver DB for a terrible misplay) and has lived on that reputation since. The numbers are right in front of you. Tyrod has better ypa, more tds passing, more tds total, less ints, better qbr, better qb rating, better completion %. Tyrod has outplayed several "franchise qbs" since he took over the starting job.

Anyone paying attention absolutely would. Since Tyrod became the starter in 2015 he has outperformed Flacco. I think the Ravens wish they had Tyrod over Flacco and his bloated contract. Contract aside as per your statement:

Tyrod since 2015 (32 games) : 206.89 passing yards per game on 27.97 attempts per game, 246.06 combined yards per game, 7.34 ypa, 41 passing tds and 51 total tds, 13 ints, 62.7 qbr, 96.06 qb rating, 64.16 completiong %

Flacco since 2015 (29 games) : 257.7 passing yards per game on 39.7 attempts per game, 260 combined yards per game, 6.16 ypa(!), 37 passing tds and 42 tds total, 31 ints, 44.57 qbr, 77.27 qb rating, 63.4 completion %

Flacco is the wrong example to use. Tyrod is a much better qb than him. He got hot for one super bowl run (he can thank the Denver DB for a terrible misplay) and has lived on that reputation since. The numbers are right in front of you. Tyrod has better ypa, more tds passing, more tds total, less ints, better qbr, better qb rating, better completion %. Tyrod has outplayed several "franchise qbs" since he took over the starting job.

I would love to poll NFL Gms and I would bet money on them choosing Flacco. I dont think Flacco is a particularly good qb. I do think nfl teams favor a guy who won a SB, has size, & doesnt dependent on his legs over TT.

Good starting nfl qbs in their prime dont take contract cuts like TT did this offseason.

You can't complain about a QBs passing yard total when you are last in the league in pass plays called. You can't throw if the play isn't a pass play.

They dont call passing plays because they dont trust the qb. Its been 3 OCs now.

You can't complain about a QBs passing yard total when you are last in the league in pass plays called. You can't throw if the play isn't a pass play.

I'm sorry but I think you have it backwards: they are't calling pass plays because the Bills understand they can't be successful with the current QB throwing the ball.

You can't complete in this league being at the BOTTOM of the league in passing yards every year.

Can people do some research before spouting off. We are all on computers or phones with internet access.

2016 bottom 10 passing yards and winning record: Texans, Titans, Dolphins, Dallas

2015 bottom 10 passing yards and winning record: Vikings, Chiefs, Bills, Green Bay, Carolina

2014 bottom 10 passing yards and winning record: Chiefs, Niners, Seattle, Texans

So every year 4 or 5 teams that finish in the bottom 10 of the league finish with a winning record. It can and does happen...

I would love to poll NFL Gms and I would bet money on them choosing Flacco. I dont think Flacco is a particularly good qb. I do think nfl teams favor a guy who won a SB, has size, & doesnt dependent on his legs over TT.

Good starting nfl qbs in their prime dont take contract cuts like TT did this offseason.

They dont call passing plays because they dont trust the qb. Its been 3 OCs now.

+ 1

It's really just that simple, and you have to give the staff(s) credit for being realistic about this. IMO.

Can people do some research before spouting off. We are all on computers or phones with internet access.

2016 bottom 10 passing yards and winning record: Texans, Titans, Dolphins, Dallas

2015 bottom 10 passing yards and winning record: Vikings, Chiefs, Bills, Green Bay, Carolina

2014 bottom 10 passing yards and winning record: Chiefs, Niners, Seattle, Texans

So every year 4 or 5 teams that finish in the bottom 10 of the league finish with a winning record. It can and does happen...

And using your computer, exactly when was the last time the Bills made the playoffs? Or won a playoff game?

I'm sorry but I think you have it backwards: they are't calling pass plays because the Bills understand they can't be successful with the current QB throwing the ball.

This was and is a run oriented offense. This offense esp is not designed for shoot outs.