Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

Oddly enough, he's the reason I became a Bills fan.

I watched NFL as a kid because my father would bet the games, and it was the only time we could have the TV on during the day.

One day he had the Bills minus some points. The Bills were covering, but Ferguson got hurt and Marangi came off the bench. In what seemed like a matter of moments, he threw something like five passes, of which four were intercepted, of which two were returned for TDs and my father lost the bet, not something he took lightly at all.

My father said "The only good thing about that sonofabitcch is he's Italian. You watch...he'll be out of the league before you know it."

So I watched. And when they weren't on TV, I'd check stats, and before I knew it, he was gone but I kept following the Bills.

Curse you, Marangi.

Ha! I wonder if this is where John Grisham got the idea for Playing For Pizza? The Browns missed the Super Bowl due to just such a performance and a QB is banished to semi-pro ball in Italy. Funny book...

Boy Fergy you really kicked the bees nest here haha

Even though what he did in his one season was good, I dont believe he deserves to be on the wall. If he goes up, then Stevie J should go up for being the only Bills reciever with 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and I dont think Stevie J should go up either

kyle-orton-celebrating-bills-win-over-de

B2X2pp9IgAA-zsE.jpg

Thank you for posting this. As others seem to think Orton was a "one hit wonder", this minda shows the passion he had for the game. I'm not saying he was NFL Hall of Fame worthy...but seriously...a guy that gave us a winning record during a tumultuous time in our history, a guy who gave up his physical well being while guys like Stephanie Gilmore were bull fighting WR's and RB's ("Olay!!"), a man who gave it one last go much like Jim Jeffcoat, Haslett and Phil Villapiano. These are the men who should be honored. I know Jack Kemp earned an AFL championship...but that was then and this is a much more complex league. Just look at the numbers. I may be a lone voice in the wilderness here...but it's a voice you all need to hear. If Orton played a full 16 games that season he would still be on our team and we'd have a few rings by now (and Sammy too).