Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

just speaking for old-timers like me.. and essentially for myself.. Hughes should not go there.. i know all the millennials do not get Kelly. and what he means.. but not a place i would trespass on .. JMHO.. and i do not want to exclude the non- millennials. im sure there are Kelly haters.. learned that from another thread..

Love Jim Kelly, but if he's on the sidelines for encouragement, that statement doesn't help. So now, a ton of Kelly fans might take his lead and start hating on McCoy.The Pegulas made a statement and it should be left at that. I'm only saying this because Kelly is on the sidelines a ton. Almost like he has a job/role for the team. If he's just a fan now, with no team involvement (and no sideline access), then I'm fine with his comments. Will 3 td's by McCoy next week and a victory change his mind? Hmm.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an incredibly ignorant and insulting comment.

That's odd, because Kaepernick scored a 37 on the Wonderlic. Kelly scored a 15. That's probably shocking to some though because, you know.

It's amazing that the cringe-worthy posts still pop up all over the place. I wouldn't even call it a racial undertone. It's pretty much just racist.

Jim Kelly and the Bills have had a kind of symbiotic relationship.

The organization has wanted Kelly around because the team has sucked, and they liked to have a reminder there for the fans of the "glory days", a reminder of what could be. A reminder that "there's a chance".

Until these Bills achieve some success, Kelly remains a nice asset, and deserves way more respect than Hughes, Tyrod, McCoy, E. Wood, McDermott, and any body else you want to add, COMBINED.

Those guys will be virtually forgotten in 10 seasons. Like "Who was that running back in 2004? Oh yeah, I think it was Travis Henry!...No wait it was that guy, that guy McGahee...wait, I'm not sure....Was Greg Williams the coach then, too?"

Until they win a playoff game, these guys are just bodies filling out the rosters, so the league can field 18 games a week. Which is what guys in Bills uniforms have amounted to for almost the last 2 decades.

I call BS on this! You don't personally know any of these people, and I will add myself as one of the any body else in your comments. I know Eric Wood does a lot in the community along with Tyrod. If respect is given due to accomplishments on the field only, ok you're right, but If that's your criteria for respect, you got problems. By this theory, Kelly earns more respect from you than your own father, unless your dad won a super bowl.

It is really a huge rad these days to show disrespect for the National Anthem and the flag. I guess as long as they disrespect them "with good intentions" it is alright. It is sad so many people just give into peer pressure and act like being disrespectful is progressive.

Americans always need a cause, and tend to have a desire to fight oppression, even if none exists. This is also sad.

Couple the two, and some folks will say and do anything. I really do hope Pegula bans Kelly, as taking a long break from watching the NFL would save me both time and money.

Yep, no oppression or systemic racism exists.good call!

That's an incredibly ignorant and insulting comment.

Tmes 1000%

-- pissing off literally half your fanbase -- you better grow some skin. Jim Kelly has a right to weigh in. The protests are not mandatory; they're calculated, and they're controversial. I for one like seeing him on the sidelines.

And players are upset because some are upset at their actions. Goes both ways.

I am glad people are pissed off, no change until people get pissed off in this country. Please read yuor sixties history and the reactioon MLK, half the freaking country was pissed atr him. Tell that to Juan Carlos and Tommy Smith, when the 90% of Americans were pisssed off.

But i do agree on your last point .

It's amazing that the cringe-worthy posts still pop up all over the place. I wouldn't even call it a racial undertone. It's pretty much just racist.

Again I 100% agree!

Yet, 100% accurate.

Such a ridiculous statement. I don't agree with bringing Wonderlic scores etc into this either, but to pretend you have any freaking clue what people do and do not know is just asinine.

BTW, i do not like Shannon Sharpe or Skip, but this is right on point IMHO. Owners did not give a lick until someone told THEM what to do. I detest Trump, and have been amazed at what he gets away with in terms of veiled racism, and Sharpe nails it here. Hypocrisy all over the place right now.

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1054207043815

Edited by plenzmd1

When Hughes gets to one SB , never mind 4, then he can talk

This is ancient history that no one east of Rochester or west of Erie even gives a rats arse about anymore.

Stop using a footnote in NFL history to defend a guy that really has nothing to do with the 2017 Bills locker room.

Love Jim Kelly, but if he's on the sidelines for encouragement, that statement doesn't help. So now, a ton of Kelly fans might take his lead and start hating on McCoy.The Pegulas made a statement and it should be left at that. I'm only saying this because Kelly is on the sidelines a ton. Almost like he has a job/role for the team. If he's just a fan now, with no team involvement (and no sideline access), then I'm fine with his comments. Will 3 td's by McCoy next week and a victory change his mind? Hmm.

agree that the Pegulas made a statement and the team has been sticking to that. I feel Kelly should respect their team statement if he really is still part of the organization. Kelly can feel how he does, and choose to approach the anthem however he wants. But I feel if he wants to be on the sidelines, on the field with the players during the anthem, in the locker room, etc he also should stick to the team statement, publically, and not call out others on the team for how they approached it, "stretching" or not. IF McCoy did something outside what the team agreed upon let the coach or FO handle it privately. That's their job, not Kelly's. The drama conjured up just all takes away from the time and energy the team has to focus on the actual football. Hughes also could have kept his defenses of his team private but so could Jim. Two wrongs don't make a right, but Jim should have handled it better to begin with. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hughes also picked the wrong time and place. Funny how folks are on one side or the other, here. Jimbo probably should have kept his mouth shut, and probably annoyed some fans. But, the Hughes retaliation rant will probably get him 15 yards worth of annoyed fans.

They both should have kept it in house, and the folks playing sides are blinded by bias, IMO.

It's really easy to take a side here, actually.

The team, coaches, and owners were unified with an understanding that they would respect each other despite differing beliefs on this subject. They had a great meeting about it and came together as a team.

Kelly wasn't a part of that meeting. He's not part of the team. And he starts this ****. He's on the outside looking in and throwing crap at the windows.

It's really easy to take a side here, actually.

The team, coaches, and owners were unified with an understanding that they would respect each other despite differing beliefs on this subject. They had a great meeting about it and came together as a team.

Kelly wasn't a part of that meeting. He's not part of the team. And he starts this ****. He's on the outside looking in and throwing crap at the windows.

Yeah, it's really not Kelly's place to make these statements. Do you think if he was on the team right now he would've said that? He still holds a player-status platform in the organization that has an impact on the current players, and he's saying things he should not get involved in. I get Hughes frustration.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Yeah, it's really not Kelly's place to make these statements. Do you think if he was on the team right now he would've said that? He still holds a player-status platform in the organization that has an impact on the current players, and he's saying things he should not get involved in. I get Hughes frustration.

Possibly. The Bills had plenty of drama going on in Kelly's time.

He shouldn't be acting like part of the organization. From now on, just show up to Lead the Charge, Wall of Fame ceremonies and such.

I don't think the team wants to move on from Kelly but they want to move on from them being bigger than the team nowSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a fair take.

Respect what they did, but time to come down from the pedestal.

This is a different time and place. Ralph is gone, its a different franchise now.

Like I said on twitter. Do something in the present to make me move on from the past.

Players like Jim Kelly are pillars of what BillsMafia was built on years later. Players like Jerry Hughes will not be remembered for generations.

We haven't made the playoffs in effin 17 years and Hughes wants to act like this is some sort of special group in that locker room.

Well guess what Jerry, you wanna force your narrative on us fans each and every Sunday. You make your platform whatever you want... well free speech comes in all shapes and sizes pal. You don't have a monopoly on the 1st amendment.

And like I said, until any of these teams do something to help us move on from the glory years, we will continue to hold onto the last remaining good contending football we have seen.

It was also reported that Kelly was yelling at players after the anthem was finished.

So the current team met, agreed to stand/kneel united, and an ex-player (still paid by the team, no less), decided to make his own statement and yell at current players in the process?

Sorry Jim. Not your place anymore.

I am still a huge JK fan, but If this is true, I have lost a little bit of respect for him and he needs to be pulled off the sidelines permanently,