Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimbo get over yourself. We don't care what you would have done and who you lost respect for because we are still recovering for what you ACTUALLY DID!!! LOSE 4. I remember vividly you emphatically stating you would not play in Buffalo and shuffling off to the USFL.

So many disrespectful things you did b4 social media. Vamos

Lets not forget, this story was almost totally falling off the front pages until Distractor In Chief pitched a hissy about it seemingly out of nowhere.

Approximately 6 players protested on-field week two. Over 200 protested on-field this weekend.

Classic technique to control headlines in order to push other news out of the spotlight.

Seriously though, if you turned off espn and logged out of here and just showed up on Sunday -- it's still exactly that. You'd see a couple out of context guys kneeling if you noticed them at all.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful to kneel, do what Shady and Marshawn did, or not even come out for the national anthem. While I don't agree with what certain NFL players do during the national anthem, it is a free country and people have that right to do those things. I proudly served eight years in the Marines and I feel everytime the national anthem is played, it is played to honor all the men and women who currently serve in the military, those who have served and especially those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

As far as this being a "political" stance, I think it is the wrong way to make a stance for change. If NFL players feel so strongly about this, then they should either attend or create protests, rallies etc... to bring these issues to the appropriate platform.

While I am not a Steelers fan, I do give a ton of credit to the lone Steelers player that came out of the locker room and stood for the national anthem.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful to kneel, do what Shady and Marshawn did, or not even come out for the national anthem. While I don't agree with what certain NFL players do during the national anthem, it is a free country and people have that right to do those things. I proudly served eight years in the Marines and I feel everytime the national anthem is played, it is played to honor all the men and women who currently serve in the military, those who have served and especially those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

As far as this being a "political" stance, I think it is the wrong way to make a stance for change. If NFL players feel so strongly about this, then they should either attend or create protests, rallies etc... to bring these issues to the appropriate platform.

While I am not a Steelers fan, I do give a ton of credit to the lone Steelers player that came out of the locker room and stood for the national anthem.

I was just pointing out that it's relatively easy to step away from the politics if you simply want sports to be a 3 hour escape on Sunday.

I get there early, and stand. I don't think kneeling is the most effective way to change things. I also can't imagine it truly changing my day for the worse in any material way to see someone silently demonstrating on behalf of justice (even if I don't get 100% on board). And if I tire of it, it's only because I've sought out too many discussions about it. Very few are actually forced on me.

Edited by NoSaint

Lets not forget, this story was almost totally falling off the front pages until Distractor In Chief pitched a hissy about it seemingly out of nowhere.

Approximately 6 players protested on-field week two. Over 200 protested on-field this weekend.

Classic technique to control headlines in order to push other news out of the spotlight.

I'll keep saying this as long as this topic continues: NONE of this gets traction if you take sports writers out of the equation. They are all, openly and happily, far-left politically, and the only thing they LOVE more than getting everyone riled up to push forward their ideologies is getting paid for clickbaiting and self-absorbed back-patting.

Someone wrote this earlier and it is simply the truth: turn off the audio and ignore local sportswriters, and you'd never know there was anything happening other than the game of football.

They're all baiting us. All of them.

It's been interesting seeing so many people not just define patriotism but really trying to own it and enforce their standards on others. Especially when those same people (on both sides) often fall short of their own standards that they are pressing.

If I went to another country I would honor and respect their traditions just like I would respect the traditions of another household other then my own.

So where does it end...

I'll keep saying this as long as this topic continues: NONE of this gets traction if you take sports writers out of the equation. They are all, openly and happily, far-left politically, and the only thing they LOVE more than getting everyone riled up to push forward their ideologies is getting paid for clickbaiting and self-absorbed back-patting.

Someone wrote this earlier and it is simply the truth: turn off the audio and ignore local sportswriters, and you'd never know there was anything happening other than the game of football.

They're all baiting us. All of them.

NONE of this gets traction if you take sports writers AND THE PRESIDENT out of the equation

When will it end? We are so blessed in this country that our biggest threat is people not standing during an anthem.

Yawn.

Obviously you have no moral compass or did not spend one day in the military to make a statement like that Edited by TYROD1QB

Throwing aside my personal views, who is Jim Kelly to speak of morality and issues of character? He lived in a glass house.

He is becoming our version of post-retirement Mike Ditka. There was no reason for him to wade into this argument other than to serve his own ego. Welcome back to the front page of ESPN, Jim. Hope it was worth it.

I love Jim and everything he has done for the franchise and after. But he really needs to go back from the light a bit and in general the 90s Bills need to be pushed back a bit in terms of attention. I get its a pretty bad sign that we have to keep going back to them because we've been awful for so long, but its starting to feel forced to always keep doing things for them/giving them the spotlight.

If Shady isn't going to stand, then who cares what he does. I don't respect any of the guys who kneel but whatever.. They wear my favorite teams jersey so i root for them to win games. If they want to protest against social injustice, then do something for "the good" of the cause off the field. Also, Jimbo should just shut it. Don't need to hear his opinion on individual players..

There is where I'm at. All of this anthem business has gotten me thinking over the weekend that we need to begin a mandatory service program or something . Not necessarily a military draft, but some type of mandatory service for all Americans after high school. This would teach Americans that there is more to changing the world than simply running ones mouth. It would also be an opportunity for people to escape the bubble that we live in by getting to know people from different backgrounds. We have become a culture where words mean more than actions. We need to do something to change that.

If people understood that actions mean more than words, and what America is all about they wouldn't be kneeling during the anthem. They would also learn how to be proactive in helping others, and how to form grassroots change. On the flip side the drunk fans who are up in arms would have a moral high ground to stand on. I have all the respect in the world for veterans who are disgusted with what these players are doing. I don't have the same amount of understanding about an angry American flag tank top wearing drunk 20 something who has never done a thing to serve their country.

As Kennedy said "ask not what your county can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". Both sides have forgotten that. Somehow, we need to teach people that change happens through actions, not by running ones mouth.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Common knowledge....I can substantiate this as he tried to nail my classmate - she declined

OK.. "Common Knowledge" gotcha..

what....you really never heard this? You must not pay attention...His wife said it herself and Kelly acknowledged his marriage was over if he didn't do this

nope.. obviously i didnt pay attention. so .. what is the point? you want retribution or reconciliation ?

Edited by dwight in philly

Nope I was out running fuel for jets. Regardless of rioting, how does shady stretching affect looting? I get your point but people being offended has nothing to do with doing something about an issue.

What has shady or Kelly done to help the actual issue? This anthem crap does nothing but detract from football and a total none story.

I mean do the looters set out and wait for someone to not stand during the anthem? Hey guys shady is stretching, let's go! Nonsense.

What?

People clearly wait for a reason or non reason to go out and bust up the neighborhood via rioting, looting, setting fires, etc etc.... has happened many times in history in this country. Sometimes over Rosa Parks trying to get on a bus, to a trial verdict, a polical convention, or a statement police are not going to press charges etc etc.....

I am surprised some idiots right now on both sides of the protest are not using this Anthem protest to validate some need to break **** up right now. I guess this is progress and I applaud the non violent protest.