Week 4: Falcons' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I pull for the Falcons. This was clear from the Super Bowl thread last year. I am first and foremost a die hard Bills fan.

I think you will see a bunch of Tolbert up the gut on the Falcons front. Expect more 40/60 Tolbert to McCoy. IThe Falcons are not the biggest most physical D. The Falcons are fast and quick to pursue. Maybe We will see a Dimarco sighting. Pound the ball and work off the play action.

The offense is just scary good for the Falcons. Weapons at every level. Mack is a stud at center. The line play as been solid. If Schreader is out this can help. His backup was bull rushed, Lawson could have a day w him. Ryan can be rattled and will give you a pick every now and then. He showed a little of his 2015 bad habits last week against Detroit.

For the Bills to win they will need to play a solid game, no turnovers, no crucial drive killing penalities or drive extending ones. The Bills will need 2 takeaways and get points off them. Special teams also needs to be sound. Make Ryan work for everything, and pound the ball right at the center of them.

Any other cliches....I think you covered most of them.......how about score early and take the crowd out of the game......control the clock, Keep Falcons offense off the field....

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons stadium roof to be closed Sunday

The retractable roof on Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta will be closed for Sunday’s game between the Bills and Falcons.

That according to ESPN.com.

Citing stadium officials, ESPN’s Vaughn McClure is reporting that the roof will be closed, which will increase the volume of the crowd noise on Sunday for Buffalo’s offense.

The retractable roof was open for the Falcons home opener in Week 2 against Green Bay.

Any other cliches....I think you covered most of them.......how about score early and take the crowd out of the game......control the clock, Keep Falcons offense off the field....

Taylor needs to be a game manager, throw deep to keep the defense honest...

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said no change on the injury report from yesterday, meaning RT Ryan Schraeder remains in concussion protocol along with FS Ricardo Allen. Means WR Julio Jones (back) will be limited again, with OLB Vic Beasley (hamstring) still running on side.

@AroundTheNFL

Can the Bills keep rolling under new leadership? @ConorOrr looks at 5 things that will define Week 4 of season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000852912/article/five-things-thatll-define-week-4-jags-continued-rise

Four more storylines that will define Week 4:

4) Can the Bills keep rolling under new leadership?: While this might be short-lived, the Buffalo Bills (2-1) are tied for first place in the AFC East.

New head coach Sean McDermott has beaten the Jets and Broncos, and came within a Zay Jones drop of potentially stunning his former team, the Panthers, at the last minute during a Week 2 showdown. This can happen with teams that bounce from one type of leadership (the freewheeling Rex Ryan regime) to a far more structured outfit -- or vice versa, given how much success Ryan had in New York immediately following Eric Mangini.
In more practical terms, the Bills are winning with defense. Buffalo has the No. 2 DVOA (Football Outsiders' defense-adjusted Value Over Average metric) after three weeks in the NFL. Imagine if the LeSean McCoy-piloted run game can also get going.

Haha, how about you have an original thought without making fun of other posters. Not sure if I did something to you, but seriously feel free to ignore me and move on.

No cliches there at all btw.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

All sports media is a salad of cliches.

The thing is I watch all Falcons games. They ARE vulnerable up the middle of their defense. Ryan showed a little of his 2015 self, which could be the product of his new OC. We shall see. Ultimately Tyrod will have to play as good as last week. This week the Bills will have to turn those short field sudden exchange opportunities into points or they will lose. Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Week 4: Keys to Falcons-Bills matchup (5:45)

Matt Tabeek, Dave Archer and Kelsey Conway talk keys to a Falcons' victory on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

These ATL analysts say Shady is on the downside of his career.

Falcons vs. Bills: Red-zone play crucial, Bills' secondary gelling, 4 more things to know

NealATLvsGB_MB_170917_0324.jpg

Against this staunch Buffalo defense, Atlanta will need to execute at a high level and limit its mistakes.

Haha, how about you have an original thought without making fun of other posters. Not sure if I did something to you, but seriously feel free to ignore me and move on.

No cliches there at all btw.

Guess people can't take a joke anymore around here anymore. Sorry if you were offended

@SalSports

In 2013, Sean McDermott's CAR defense sacked Matt Ryan 9 times in one game. I just watched all of them and here's what I saw....

...On those plays, for the most part, Carolina only rushed four DL. And when not in the red zone, they played a ton of Cover-3, but...

...they kept the CBs wider than usual and funneled everything to the middle o the field, and had LBs take deep drops underneath....

..Ryan had to hold on to the ball longer than he wanted....I wouldn't be surprised if Bills use this strategy Sunday in Atlanta. /end

Ryan's been sacked 46 times in 13 games against McDermott defenses. He's 7-6 against him as a DC. There's an obvious gameplan/philosophy.

Billick predicted (at least twice that I saw) the Ravens would shut out the Jags last Sunday. While obviously nobody saw that ass-kicking coming, it was ridiculous how pompously he said they wouldn't score. That guy is just plain worn out.

Billick predicted (at least twice that I saw) the Ravens would shut out the Jags last Sunday. While obviously nobody saw that ass-kicking coming, it was ridiculous how pompously he said they wouldn't score. That guy is just plain worn out.

Whatever you call these guys...analysts, experts....they really don't know that much and just guess like we do...difference is they get paid for it

0929-Bills_today_story.jpg

Here’s the Bills news of note for Sept. 29th.

Bills S Jordan Poyer spoke to the media following the team's practice. Poyer talked about the challenge Atlanta's offense poses and what makes their receivers unique.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said barring a setback, he expects DT Marcell Dareus to play.

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott says Cordy Glenn likely won’t play Sunday. Shaq Lawson won’t practice today and is gametime decision w/ groin injury. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said from what he's told, Shaq Lawson is a short-term injury. Added he doesn't have a crystal ball.

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: Worthy is in midst of conditioning work for full game shape but expected to play. Will monitor his play. #Bills

@buffalobills

“Atlanta has picked up where they left off from last year. They have weapons and it’s going to be a real test for us on Sunday.” #BUFvsATL

DK5a4r5UEAIPya8.jpg

@vxmcclure23

Falcons practice squad receiver Marvin Hall is wearing No.25 as the role of LeSean McCoy in practice this week.

I really hope Lawson can go. He's been rock solid this year.

The DL rotation will be important against this Atl offense. We need as many bodies as we can get.

Fingers crossed that he can play.

@viccarucci

Ryan Davis & Eddie Yarbrough would rotate at DE if Lawson can't go Sunday for #Bills.