So... Isn't Cordy and Marcel...

CEN-CAL17

Not the same - Glenn doesn't have a long history of missing games, nor does he have any suspensions. He is just a a good player making market value trying to battle a legitimate injury.

This.

Marcel just doesn't get it. Likely never will while playing for the Bills. If Kyle retires after this season I believe he'll only get worse. Might actually be worth taking that hit next year to get him off the books in '19. Seems to be completely opposite of what McBeane is looking for.....at an astronomical salary. I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut even with the cap hit. Hopefully I'm wrong and he figures it out. Such enormous potential being wasted

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe some of the hate Cordy is getting. Guy has been a great player for us since he's been here. I'll give Marcel the rest of the year. Sounded like he came into camp in good shape and was working hard. Injuries happen. Guess we'll see how the year goes.

Edited by DallasMac

Glenn can be salvaged and IMO, losing 20 lbs would be a step in the right direction.

He doesn't need to be 345 to beat on a 255 lb DE and being down 20 lb will take a lot of stress off those feet.

I think Dareus is a borderline lost cause. This ADD stuff is real and will be too much for him.

He needs to find a butt kicking woman to slap that sailor hat off his head, grab him by his ear & keep him in line.

It's my fault. I bought his jersey right before the contract... All down hill from there.

My curse struck again when I decided last year "Ok, I think I can FINALLY pick out a player I know will be here long term & not f*** us somehow" when i was deciding on the first official Bills jersey to buy my wife. I bought Watkins. She enjoyed that for about 4 games -_-

Before that I bought Marshawn before he was traded.

And before that I bought Bledsoe...sigh

My first Bills jersey was given to me when I was 13, and it was Flutie... The year of the Music City "Miracle." It's probably best if I just never buy any jersey ever again.

Thankfully, my wife felt bad for me & bought me a throwback Jim Kelly jersey this summer so I don't have to worry about this crap anymore lol

Most of Dareus's 2018 salary is already guaranteed as of March 2017. (Thanks Whaley/Overdorf!) So it will cost the Bills roughly $21.5mil to cut Dareus before the 2018 season vs ~$24mil ($16.75mil 2018 cap hit + $7.8 dead cap hit) to keep him in 2018 and cut him in 2019. Cutting Dareus next year only saves the team less than $3mil. (or roughly the same cap consequences as cutting Jordan Mills)

The only way Dareus isn't on this team at least through next year is if someone is willing to trade for him (and pay the guaranteed portion of his 2018 salary) or if Beane is willing to cut him solely for the purpose of sending a message. (Which I really hope he wouldn't do but who knows at this point)

Barring a trade, Dareus should be here at least this year and next. (after that the cap hit for getting rid of him isn't that bad)

Corey Glenn has been Very reliable before this season. He hardly ever missed any games until this ankle injury.

It'd be a shame to dump a damn good franchise LT because of one injury plagued season.

It would be... but the point was if he can't get on the field this year, what should the Bills do? Hope next year is better?

Glenn is hurt. I don't like it but I'm not going to lump him with Dareus.

Point was, right now, our 2 highest paid players are on the bench. And may be on the bench quite often this year, is it worth it? And how does it impact the rest of the team never seeing these guys on the field. I'm sure they are inspired.

Arguably the worst contract in the NFL right now. Unbelievable that Whaley approved a contract which carries no financial punishments if he is suspended.

Yes, Whaley had the worst contracts AND the worst draft day trades. Now, to really be fair he was surrounded by idiots above him (Brandon) and below him (Rex). Still, there is no accounting for his mistakes and it was a great day for Bills Fans when they dumped him.

I seriously doubt that McBeane can be AS bad as Whaley but time will tell.

It would be... but the point was if he can't get on the field this year, what should the Bills do? Hope next year is better?

Yes, of course. Are you suggesting that the Bills cut one of their only good players (and take a cap hit for doing so) because he was hurt? We are talking about Glenn, not a guy who gets in trouble, right?

Yes, Whaley had the worst contracts AND the worst draft day trades. Now, to really be fair he was surrounded by idiots above him (Brandon) and below him (Rex). Still, there is no accounting for his mistakes and it was a great day for Bills Fans when they dumped him.

I seriously doubt that McBeane can be AS bad as Whaley but time will tell.

Yes, of course. Are you suggesting that the Bills cut one of their only good players (and take a cap hit for doing so) because he was hurt? We are talking about Glenn, not a guy who gets in trouble, right?

I bring it up because 1. He is not on the field 2. He's not part of the new staffs picks. 3. It's a nagging foot injury (how long is too long). 4. He is one of the highest paid players. 5. Set the example on the field isn't there.

I agree, losing him would suck. But what if Cordy goes into next spring and he's still dealing with this foot? It becomes an eye sore. Yeah we all feel for him but it's also hard to have players buying into a system when your top players are on the sideline.

I hope folks aren't taking this as me bashing either one of these guys. I'm just saying health sooner or later will drag a team down not just the player.

Plus I see McD and Beane being the type of guys that will give you a chance and the time you need. But after that, "sorry we just gotta have you on the field and this team and your teammates are relying on you being out there and that's not happening. We gotta let you go" type of guys.

I guess a good question is... we all know there will be a significant cap hit with either one of these guys, but how much money would be saved?

Edited by 1WATKINS4

Dareus has been a huge bust since signing his contract.

I hope we move him next summer. He's always hurt and generally doesn't make any difference for us when he's on the field.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0.

Lets hope he grows miserable and tired here- renegotiates contract so we can move his fat lazy ass Edited by billsfan_34

Arguably the worst contract in the NFL right now. Unbelievable that Whaley approved a contract which carries no financial punishments if he is suspended.

Right that **** crazy. He basically won the lottery n jus chills around obd.

Glenn is hurt. I don't like it but I'm not going to lump him with Dareus.

Same. Injuries happen but you never see Glenn take a play off out there.

Right that **** crazy. He basically won the lottery n jus chills around obd.

Same. Injuries happen but you never see Glenn take a play off out there.

It's not lumping them together, as player type, heart, off field issues etc....

I'm lumping them together because neither are on the field and I see this continuing to be an issue this year and maybe further.... if that's the case, with these 2 being "leaders" and not being on the field etc how does that affect the team? Plus being the 2 highest paid individuals on the team as well, what do you do? Cause this could have a bigger impact to the team besides just not being on the field.

There is a mental side to the game that other players feed off of when the team is whole and when the team is down in a hole health wise.

Maybe I just think the whole Dareus and Cordy health issues presents a bigger issue for the future than most. I think both of them are not gonna return to full health. With Dareus it's more of a mental aspect included.

Edited by 1WATKINS4