Denver doesn't want to come here.

bobobonators

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a strong narrative after Week 2 of this season that somehow what happened last week vs the Panthers was "more of the same" from this offense. That narrative is false.

In 31 games that Tyrod has started, this offense has managed 10 points or less 3 times. And that's with 3 different OC's and 2 different HC's.

By comparison, the great Russell Wilson, has led an offense to 10 points or less 5 times in 34 games.

Bad games happen, Week 2 vs the Panthers was a bad game. But lets not go overboard with the narrative.

I don't think the Bills will be able to score on this D any more easily than they did last week. That said, I don't think Denver will be as successful on offense as they were vs Dallas. Cowboys D is lacking talent and playmakers and starting a backup at CB. Also being in the road won't be as easy for Denver's QB. Dennison also very familiar with his tendencies. Plus they will be missing their LT. Siemian reportedly had a very poor camp (Paxton was worse) so I think he could easily have a bad game here even though he's coming off of a good one.

I see a low scoring game but unless we can get something going downfield on offense or get a couple defensive or ST scores going to be tough to win this one because I don't think we will be able to run the ball. If Denver stymied Zeke and that OL, I see no hope for McCoy and ours.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good enough for what?

You saw who I replied to and understand the context, yeah?

OK My bad. I'm thinking Denver has arguably a better defense than Carolina and 150 through the air won't get them to back off enough to take the pressure off the run game. They'll just keep stacking the box. So if the ground game under produces we're staring at another loss. Then there's Atlanta, a team that can put up a lot of points and just held the Pack to 24. That kind of production from tyrod ain't going to get it here either. Another loss. That's the context (or I'm completely wrong).

I don't think the Bills will be able to score on this D any more easily than they did last week. That said, I don't think Denver will be as successful on offense as they were vs Dallas. Cowboys D is lacking talent and playmakers and starting a backup at CB. Also being in the road won't be as easy for Denver's QB. Dennison also very familiar with his tendencies. Plus they will be missing their LT. Siemian reportedly had a very poor camp (Paxton was worse) so I think he could easily have a bad game here even though he's coming off of a good one.

I see a low scoring game but unless we can get something going downfield on offense or get a couple defensive or ST scores going to be tough to win this one because I don't think we will be able to run the ball. If Denver stymied Zeke and that OL, I see no hope for McCoy and ours.

Fair.

Every game in the NFL is so different though. I think we have two very simple things going for us this game: We are coming off arguably our worst offensive performance in 2 years, and Denver is high as a kite right now after manhandling the Cowgirls. Law of averages, we should improve and Denver should regress a bit this game. We'll see how it plays out.

There is a strong narrative after Week 2 of this season that somehow what happened last week vs the Panthers was "more of the same" from this offense. That narrative is false.

In 31 games that Tyrod has started, this offense has managed 10 points or less 3 times. And that's with 3 different OC's and 2 different HC's.

By comparison, the great Russell Wilson, has led an offense to 10 points or less 5 times in 34 games.

Bad games happen, Week 2 vs the Panthers was a bad game. But lets not go overboard with the narrative.

You should really watch the tape. Carolina left the middle of the field wide open consistently. Teams know how to defend Taylor, Denver is better than Carolina.

I do too. The spread is only 2 1/2 points I think.

That line looks like one of those "too good to be true" lines where the favored team covering looks like such a foregone conclusion that the underdog ends up winning.

This game is going to be ugly

Well...the Bills offense is expected to take the field, so...

The Bills are going to do much better against Denver than anyone is giving them credit for. Much like last week where McDermott's familiarity with Newton helped our defense, I expect a wrinkle or two from Dennison this week. They may not win the game, but I expect it to come down to the wire again.

The Bills are going to do much better against Denver than anyone is giving them credit for. Much like last week where McDermott's familiarity with Newton helped our defense, I expect a wrinkle or two from Dennison this week. They may not win the game, but I expect it to come down to the wire again.

didn't get the tape of them crushing the Cowboy's on Sunday?