Denver doesn't want to come here.

bobobonators

I had the season starting W L W. Broncos are ripe for a let down after that big win. What better time than traveling across the country and playing a one dimensional Bills team. They show up flat and the Siemen comes down to earth. Bills win this game.

Why are they ripe for a let down, other than people saying so?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a salient point . Similar to the one made about McD having an "in" to stopping the CAR offense. It works both ways. It's quite telling that DEN so far appears much better with an upgraded OC in McCoy than they did last season. With pretty much the same players. Changing OCs can be good or bad. There are many reasons to be concerned that the Bills made a bad change at OC, at the very least until they get some players that are suited for it. Especially at QB.

I'm not jumping on the McCoy train, played two Defenses that don't compare to us. Chargers are average at best, Dallas is below average. Let's see what they do versus an above average defense, on the road :)

After 2 weeks I'm not quite sure what Dennison's offense is. Still to be determined in my opinion. I have concerns, but at the same time I don't want to just say he's awful.

It's a rhythm and timing based offense requiring the QB to progress through reads quickly and get the ball delivered on time to maximize YAC. If this happens the running game should click. I just don't know what we've seen from Tyrod to suggest he is a rhythm passer that sees the field well and gets the ball out quickly and accurately. Dennison might be ok, but not a great fit for this team as currently assembled.

It's a rhythm and timing based offense requiring the QB to progress through reads quickly and get the ball delivered on time to maximize YAC. If this happens the running game should click. I just don't know what we've seen from Tyrod to suggest he is a rhythm passer that sees the field well and gets the ball out quickly and accurately. Dennison might be ok, but not a great fit for this team as currently assembled.

Yes - but there are ways to disrupt timing and disguise coverage.

You can't just be like - were a WCO, thats what we do.. and expect to succeed. There needs to be flexibility.

Edited by dneveu

I'll be there Sunday. Every game I've been to we've won. Hoping the streak continues.

Well, sweetie, there's a first time for everything.

There is a strong narrative after Week 2 of this season that somehow what happened last week vs the Panthers was "more of the same" from this offense. That narrative is false.

In 31 games that Tyrod has started, this offense has managed 10 points or less 3 times. And that's with 3 different OC's and 2 different HC's.

By comparison, the great Russell Wilson, has led an offense to 10 points or less 5 times in 34 games.

Bad games happen, Week 2 vs the Panthers was a bad game. But lets not go overboard with the narrative.

I don't think it's "more of the same" from Tyrod at all because the last two seasons the Bills had an NFL-caliber offense. It was average but average is better than non-existent, which is what they have now. They looked decent against the Jests because the Jests seem to have even less talent and certainly less desire to win than it seems possible for an NFL team to have. I think the current Bills offense is a very unpleasant flashback to the kind of offensive offense run by Jauron and his supposed OCs circa 2007-2009. Maybe it's better than semi-pro level but it's not NFL caliber, especially in its philosophy and design.

a carefully honed 9-3 loss again, master crafted

I don't see the Bills offense getting close enough to the Denver EZ to attempt a FG, so it's up to the ST or defensive to get them close enough to kick a FG. They better kick on first down, too, before holding penalties put them out of range.

I had the season starting W L W. Broncos are ripe for a let down after that big win. What better time than traveling across the country and playing a one dimensional Bills team. They show up flat and the Siemen comes down to earth. Bills win this game.

Another team might catch the Broncos "ripe for a let down" but I seriously doubt that the Bills "brain trust" has enough imagination to come up with a game plan that might take advantage of the flattest Broncos team. Trevor Siemian is a better QB than many think even if he's only a seventh round draft pick.

I'm not jumping on the McCoy train, played two Defenses that don't compare to us. Chargers are average at best, Dallas is below average. Let's see what they do versus an above average defense, on the road :)

McCoy was widely known to be the most in demand OC candidate out there and the one the Bills tried to land. Believe what you will. Top to bottom the D talent on this team isn't all that different than those two teams.

Yes - but there are ways to disrupt timing and disguise coverage.

You can't just be like - were a WCO, thats what we do.. and expect to succeed. There needs to be flexibility.

Look I know what you mean and I agree. Designing an offense around Taylor's unique skills and limitations is a good idea if you want to win with him at QB a la Rex/ Roman and co. I'm just not convinced from what these guys have shown so far that such thinking is in their DNA. I mean, they tried to get Hoyer and made TT take a huge paycut. They also can walk away from Taylor after this season with no ramifications.

Gonna have to be a team effort reminiscent of Bills-Packers 2014.

Yeah, that would do it. And some Luck like they had in that game. I still think that D was more talented and more disruptive than the current edition.

There is a strong narrative after Week 2 of this season that somehow what happened last week vs the Panthers was "more of the same" from this offense. That narrative is false.

In 31 games that Tyrod has started, this offense has managed 10 points or less 3 times. And that's with 3 different OC's and 2 different HC's.

By comparison, the great Russell Wilson, has led an offense to 10 points or less 5 times in 34 games.

Bad games happen, Week 2 vs the Panthers was a bad game. But lets not go overboard with the narrative.

Or the narrative that Denver is a great team, especially on the road. They were lucky to beat the chargers at home in week one.

I love how after every bad offensive showing everyone is like "the book is out on Tyrod Taylor." Really? Tell that to the Seahawks and Dolphins last year.

Or the narrative that Denver is a great team, especially on the road. They were lucky to beat the chargers at home in week one.

Denver is 21-6 as a road favorite since 2012 , good for a winning percentage of 77.8%. 26-14 on the road overall . That's pretty good, actually better than all NFL teams in that span except for New England. So there's that.

Why are they ripe for a let down, other than people saying so?

Follow the money trail. I said it before we even lost to the Panthers. They will lose in Carolina then beat Denver.

Spread opened at 2 lol...just trust me Denver will be sleep walking on Sunday and the Bills win. Vegas always knows.

I am a Buffalo native living in Denver and I can tell you that playing here is the biggest home field advantage in sports. Stats to back it up - 2nd best home winning % since 1970 to the Steelers.

That being said Von Miller is going to have his way with Jordan Mills. I will never consider him one of the best because he rushes over the RT but it seems to work for them. I'm hoping we roll out left all game to make plays.

Siemian is a really accurate QB as well. He is better than people give him credit for.

All in all I am really glad we are playing this in Buffalo and I think that is the only reason we have a shot.

Denver is 21-6 as a road favorite since 2012 , good for a winning percentage of 77.8%. 26-14 on the road overall . That's pretty good, actually better than all NFL teams in that span except for New England. So there's that.

That's pretty impressive; great defenses tend to hold up pretty well on the road. Nonetheless, I'm not sure how much it has to do with this year.

That's pretty impressive; great defenses tend to hold up pretty well on the road. Nonetheless, I'm not sure how much it has to do with this year.

Oh, it doesn't have all that much to do with this year. Just that Denvers record as a road team was questioned by some in this thread. Every year is its own deal, but these are things that are looked at when handicapping games. To my untrained eye, Denver appears to be functioning at a much higher level this year than the Bills. It's a tough matchup no matter how anyone wants to frame it.