Remember When? McD tries to tap McCoy as his OC

Certainly TT is a problem. The biggest problem though is no speed on the offense. I've been saying all along that the person who would suffer from the departures of Watkins and Goodwin is Shady. Without the threat to go deep, defenses crowd the box. They need to sign someone NOW who can go deep four or five times a game. Even if he doesn't catch much, the defenses will have to respect that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he ever even look at that side of the field? Can't throw it where you can't see it. Not trying to be a TT apologist, just wondering where his progressions where. This isn't madden, you don't get to see every route develop at once.

Not trying to defend him. I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but still think he is a better option that Peterman.

Hard to tell from the gif but it looks to me as if he looks left, almost a double take to the left, just after the snap and then stays looking right.

We never get the top coordinators. When have we ever? We get the guys on the scrap heap after everyone else has already signed

I was pretty excited for Roman. It was the reason I was optimistic about Rex. I even thought Dennison might be a good fit for us. Obviously he was the consolation package for not getting McCoy, but I thought he would adjust to Tyrod.

But yeah, your point remains. The predictability of an OC only 2 weeks in should not be so obvious. We are in a catch-22, we can't get top coaches (or FAs) because we suck, and suck because we can't get good coaches (or FAs). Lest, the cycle continues.

I do hope McD works out, but for the sake of all that is holy, can we get an NFL offense?

I'm not a Dennison fan but Tyrod is every bit a part of the problem with our struggling O. If I'm McD, I put this on Dennison - tell him to find a way to put up at least 21 points a game each of the next 2 games or its obvious that he's the wrong choice for OC. If that means changing QBs that so be it, just do what you have to do or .... NEXT

Go Bills - Grow a pair and do what is needed to win, no excpetions or excuses.

How about getting that OL to provide better protection. On Sunday this OL struggled mightily.

Did he ever even look at that side of the field? Can't throw it where you can't see it. Not trying to be a TT apologist, just wondering where his progressions where. This isn't madden, you don't get to see every route develop at once.

Not trying to defend him. I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but still think he is a better option that Peterman.

looks like he is looking that way and even pumps the ball, just chose to check it down and play it safe like always.

To the op, like many have already said how are zay and sanders equals, maybe in the future but not even close now. And how is tyrod better than siemien, tyrods running ability is the only thing that makes him even average, from a passing standpoint tyrod is inferior

Edited by Pbomb

:unsure: Is the answer when Schwartz came to Buffalo & then again when Frasier did? :unsure:

And it's going back a seriously long while but Marchibroda & Phillips were coordinators in Buffalo as well.

We got some good Dcs, because we have a lot of defensive talent. They are probably hoping for a HC job if they do extremely well

:unsure: Is the answer when Schwartz came to Buffalo & then again when Frasier did? :unsure:

And it's going back a seriously long while but Marchibroda & Phillips were coordinators in Buffalo as well.

Pettine was a good DC hire too. I actually think Greg Roman was a good hire too. Understand why they moved on from him but the back to back league leading rushing offenses were designed by Greg Roman even if the 2nd one was largely called by A Lynn.

All of Gailey's coordinators stunk.

Look at his helmat he is looking right at Zay and Matthews even cocks to throw but then chickens out. Does it really matter if he was looking to right top of screen both slants open there too.

Peterman would have connected with those receivers...I feel this is like when chan took over and Trent wasn't doing jack so he made the switch to Fitz- it is only a matter of time for tyrod because it is beyond clear he is just not cut out for qb in the nfl

After seeing how Mike McCoy is using Semien in Denver. He has that offense clicking with a QB who is worse than TT. So I'm getting tired of all of the Tyrod blame. TT is far from elite, but this piss poor offense is on Dennison so far. MCCoy devised an offense to work to Semien's strengths.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Tolbert/DiMarco = Jamal Charles

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

Talent wise both offenses are a wash. Last year Denver looked bad on O and in comes McCoy and it's a new breath of life. If McD could have enticed McC to come here, we would be singing a different tune and marching toward the playoffs. Remember, Rico was a 2nd or 3rd choice for OC. To me, Rico is on par with Hackett. There is a reason he was demoted twice in Denver, never did anything in Houston and was a QB coach in Baltimore. We lost a lot not landing McCoy as OC.

I hate to see it, but if MCD wants to step it up, he starts looking for a new OC next year. Maybe we get our QB, maybe we don't, but there is worse offensive talent on half the AFC rosters. A better OC would go a long way to solving some problems.

Let's see if Rico can adapt and get this offense rolling. I have my doubts.

I love it when someone reads from their crystal ball and tells everyone how it would have been with a different OC, or QB, or what ever. The fact is, you or anybody else have any clue how it would have turned out. Just like everyone else, you THINK or HOPE it could have been different but you don't KNOW it would have been. So sick of these types of posts.

tyrod was looking to that side of the field to start. Pump faked in that direction then dumped the ball out to the flat. His problem is he's late getting the ball out. Idk how he didn't throw at least 2 pick 6s on his out throws.

I don't think this offense fits tyrod at all. If we're gonna continue to run this offense peterman is a much better option.

After seeing how Mike McCoy is using Semien in Denver. He has that offense clicking with a QB who is worse than TT. So I'm getting tired of all of the Tyrod blame. TT is far from elite, but this piss poor offense is on Dennison so far. MCCoy devised an offense to work to Semien's strengths.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Tolbert/DiMarco = Jamal Charles

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

Talent wise both offenses are a wash. Last year Denver looked bad on O and in comes McCoy and it's a new breath of life. If McD could have enticed McC to come here, we would be singing a different tune and marching toward the playoffs. Remember, Rico was a 2nd or 3rd choice for OC. To me, Rico is on par with Hackett. There is a reason he was demoted twice in Denver, never did anything in Houston and was a QB coach in Baltimore. We lost a lot not landing McCoy as OC.

I hate to see it, but if MCD wants to step it up, he starts looking for a new OC next year. Maybe we get our QB, maybe we don't, but there is worse offensive talent on half the AFC rosters. A better OC would go a long way to solving some problems.

Let's see if Rico can adapt and get this offense rolling. I have my doubts.

I am stopping after your first sentence. TS and TT are 2 very different QBs. TS is willing to throw the ball on time and therefore the offense works. We saw in preseason game 3 after TT went out how the design of the offense is supposed to work here with Peterman running it. The offense works if your QB throws on time - if not we get games like Carolina.

I agree with something Sal said yesterday - TT has always been the best athlete and at some point probably in HS and college- he was taught if he was the least bit unsure of the throw - tuck and run because of your legs and speed. That is how he has played and it is very hard to learn to trust receivers and throw on time.

I would of liked McCoy here, but I do not think his offense would look like it does with TT running it. You flip the coordinators and we have this same discussion about by McCoy is struggling. This is the same concepts Roman was trying to build in year 2 and it cost him his job because Taylor is not a rhythm passer.