Remember When? McD tries to tap McCoy as his OC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at his helmat he is looking right at Zay and Matthews even cocks to throw but then chickens out. Does it really matter if he was looking to right top of screen both slants open there too.

And instead of stepping up in a clean pocket, he shuffles directly into pressure on the right side. We disagree on a lot of things, but Tyrod being a long-term solution isn't one of them. I just wish coaches' hubris wouldn't cause us to go from top defense to bottom defense from one regime to the next and then above average offense to still-to-be-determined-but-not-promising from that regime to the current one. We know how to maximize a limited QB already, from prior experience. Maybe don't f with it just because you can.

Edit -- Zay is not equivalent to Sanders yet. He looks very promising, but that's a silly comparison.

Edited by MPT

I think TT is and can be an NFL QB, but the offense has to be designed 100% around him. You need to have a team committed to him and build that team to run specific patterns.

The issue is this is not the offense for him and as this coaching staff is looking long term - not immediate results - they are installing an offense for the future and TT is not part of that future. If he worked out - great, but it is not.

It sucks for TT and the fans, but the point is that this team is building for the long term and are not going to design plays that just fit what TT does and mess with the development of the rest of the team for the future. We will see more of the overall offense with Peterman, but he needs some time.

I think this is the correct assessment. I hope Peterman develops to the point where we can see him play towards the end of the season. Still expect and want a 2018 first round pick devoted to trying to secure a franchise qb.

Edited by Dr. Who

I think TT is and can be an NFL QB, but the offense has to be designed 100% around him. You need to have a team committed to him and build that team to run specific patterns.

The issue is this is not the offense for him and as this coaching staff is looking long term - not immediate results - they are installing an offense for the future and TT is not part of that future. If he worked out - great, but it is not.

It sucks for TT and the fans, but the point is that this team is building for the long term and are not going to design plays that just fit what TT does and mess with the development of the rest of the team for the future. We will see more of the overall offense with Peterman, but he needs some time.

..just don't see it happening ROCH and I rarely disagree with you if at all.....too much TT catering for perfect star alignment......run first or "run heavy" offense advertisement with ONE stallion in the stable is sad......stack the box, shut it down and dare him to throw.......he just CANNOT process the field quick enough to find guys open......so a crowded box negates dink and dunk, which would be a quicker passing game.....what's left?...go long?.......can the OL hold blocks long enough and much has been said about WR corp not being able to get separation......sure as hell want the kid to succeed, but seven years at this level, 4 as an understudy and entering his 3rd as a starter tells me if the speed of the game at this level STILL is a mental impediment, all of the teaching and coaching cannot speed up the gray matter....sure hope I'm DEAD wrong............