Howard and Jeremy amateur hour

BLZFAN4LIFE

If i were to rank them

1. Instagators - Petty and Riv are awesome together i wish there was a football show like this

2. Schopp and Bulldog

3. Howard and Jeremy

4. The night Cap

5. The propaganda hours (Murph and Jones)

But the loop recording of the WGR app saying "due to regulations they can't broadcast the transmission of this game" is ahead of all of them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are lucky in Columbus. I love all the local radio shows on 97.1. We do have a competing sports radio station though as well that took over 105.7 and that one's not great. Btw ... is Buffalo sports radio forever AM? What's up with that? I do listen to some of their shows on demand depending on what's going on.

Once you guys move out of Buffalo and listen to sports radio, you really will understand how great these two are for a morning show. Cleveland and Indy are by far, BY FAR, the worst I've heard. Indy thinks they are winning the chip every year. Cleveland? They think they'll split with Pitt and ravens and sneak their way to 8 wins, but they've been drafting top 5 forever.

They do a fine job and are usually right, regardless of how unpopular they can be at times.

do you ever listen to Dustin Fox's 2-7 show on 92.3 in Cleveland? It's pretty good. Their rants are great.

Jeremy is a pretentious dbag. I feel like WGR knows it but they never fire anyone so he feels like he can do whatever he wants. He comes off like such a prck. Him and Mike Schopp are the worst. They have little to no football knowledge yet they act like they know all and cut anyone off who disagrees with them. I even prefer the stoners at 7pm over those guys. At least they converse with people and let the fans put their 2 cents in. The other guys just ram their ideas down your throat and God forbid anyone ever disagrees. WGR is almost completely unlistenable at this point.

Donald jones is like a guy they brought in out of the crowd at a live radio show event and somehow keeps getting on every day. I though listening to the john Murphy show when it was just him at night was bad, but my god. Almost everyone on WGR is terrible. They would be better off with sal and Chris brown almost all day. Sprinkle in the kid that produces schopp and the bulldog...it's a shame

As someone who has spent the last 18 years traveling about weekly, the WGR guys are generally way better the other local sports talk radio. I've not turned on local sports radio here in Denver for almost 3 years, unlistenable.

I could never sit in their shoes taking many of those calls, just awful. Also find the morning guys and afternoon guys to have interesting takes that don't just spew the company Bills line like Sal, Murph, and Jones. I don't always agree but appreciate the attempt to intelligently talk sports.

I couldn't disagree more. I live in the range of NYC and I can't stand most of those guys, but when you grow up with professional sports radio stations...it's pathetic to listen to the WGR morning show. They literally know nothing about sports . They don't even watch the games that they talk about. I can't speak first hand about Indy or Cleveland, but Howard and Jeremy are the 2 worst I have ever heard.

So outside of WGR guys, what experience do you have with sports radio to disagree? I've also lived in the Carolina's and those guys are pretty garbage too.

I think we are lucky in Columbus. I love all the local radio shows on 97.1. We do have a competing sports radio station though as well that took over 105.7 and that one's not great. Btw ... is Buffalo sports radio forever AM? What's up with that? I do listen to some of their shows on demand depending on what's going on.

do you ever listen to Dustin Fox's 2-7 show on 92.3 in Cleveland? It's pretty good. Their rants are great.

Columbus 97.1 is not bad. They are generally a lot better with college football but that's expected. Also I'm not in Cleveland anymore but that's interesting, haven't heard of that guy.

Edited by Elite Poster

The only alternative is blasting away at the mistakes made like Dickerson and Wander did every day on WGR during the steep decline of the Kelly years and the misery after his retirement. Quite entertaining but would cause many on here to get the vapours.

Edited by row_33

Lol when the alternative is Philly sports talk you'd choose WGR too. White and Simon are better than schopp and bulldog. Those two whining over Hillary made me want to ...well I don't know what it made me want to do

Edited by joesixpack

I didn't know that this board is a bastion of positivity. Are you the block captain?

Just pointing out that Howard and Jeremy have to be the worst radio show covering professional sports in the country. Their talent level is on par with college radio.

no, son. I'm just young silent majority. You make this board on readable, and others do as well when this type of rubbish is constantly posted. There was no need for your individual thoughts to trash something that does no good by discussing. If this is even remotely about the bills then that would have been acceptable perhaps if it was worded correctly. But this thread is a joke

I would disagree. Comments like these give more free advertising to the show and helps keep them relevant and on the air.

My son Jeremy thanks the OP!

might i make a suggestion?

if you don't like what he is talking about, do not turn in.

further, if you do not like what he is talking about, don't feel obligated to tell us what you don't like.

furthermore, please contribute something you feel is worth discussing if you feel that this topic is not worth discussing.

henceforth, this thread does nothing worthwhile to enhance this board. your thread adds nothing positive.

WGR is the only connection I have to buffalo Sports. In Atlanta its college football and baseball all the time.

I don't mind the morning crew. Don't always agree. Schoop and the bulldog are terrible though, IMO.

I do agree with White on the timeouts, McDermott really mismanaged both the end of the game and end of the half.

Lol when the alternative is Philly sports talk you'd choose WGR too. White and Simon are better than schopp and bulldog. Those two whining over Hillary made me want to ...well I don't know what it made me want to do

kick a puppy? cause that is where I was. Sports show, I understand they have opinions and can share them freely but I tune in to sports talk shows to get away from all the political mumbo jumbo.

I didn't know that this board is a bastion of positivity. Are you the block captain?

Just pointing out that Howard and Jeremy have to be the worst radio show covering professional sports in the country. Their talent level is on par with college radio.

As someone who has worked on-air for a major market radio station, I can tell you you're wrong.

If i were to rank them

1. Instagators - Petty and Riv are awesome together i wish there was a football show like this

2. Schopp and Bulldog

3. Howard and Jeremy

4. The night Cap

5. The propaganda hours (Murph and Jones)

Couldn't agree more on #1. I've lived in the NYC, Boston, Washington and Philadelphia areas. The Instigators are as good as any locally produced show I've heard. If only we could find a Bills equivalent to The Instigators.

Everybody else at WGR is expendable. '"what we thought they probably might be" sums up the inanity morning show. When "Mike & Mike" gets tedious (get tedious?) I wander over to WGR, but can only bear to listen for a few minutes. There's a caller Dale who had a good take this morning. Can anyone find him, and give him an audition?

So youve listened to every sports radio station in the country. Wow. That must have taken alot of time.