Sammy watch

dave mcbride

I'd be pulling an Antonio Brown right now if I were him.

I've watched him run open and Goff doesn't even look at him. Was not surprised he pulled up on that long pass as he's been used 90% of the time as a decoy.

When you have the press/experts asking what's happening, you just have to wonder about pig-headed coaches.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be pulling an Antonio Brown right now if I were him.

I've watched him run open and Goff doesn't even look at him. Was not surprised he pulled up on that long pass as he's been used 90% of the time as a decoy.

When you have the press/experts asking what's happening, you just have to wonder about pig-headed coaches.

It's a conspiracy!!!!

Was not surprised he pulled up on that long pass as he's been used 90% of the time as a decoy.

But this doesn't excuse him at all. He's supposed to be a professional athlete. That means taking the bad with the good. And that's a missed play for their offense in a tight divisional game because he gave up on it.

Nothing has changed

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/06/bills-sammy-watkins-selfish-rams/

and many are still Monday morning QBing the trade????

Gains plus a second, Brillant!!!

We had discussed this on this thread and the other Sammy one over the past couple days.

But this comment from him kind of sticks out.

“Two years ago, it would’ve probably been different,” Watkins said. “I would’ve probably gone to the media and been saying whatever, trying to get the coach’s attention. That’s how I used to do it back then. Like, ‘I need more targets.’ Then that comes to the coach, and me and him have to talk.”

Hmmm

Sammy is exactly what our offense is missing. Heck I really miss Woods and Hogan too.

But I just read that Sammy believes the Earth is flat too. Not sure why, but that bothers me LOL

Does he really?

I'm glad he is gone. He uses the wrong "You're" when saying "your wrong." :lol:

Just a general point. McDermott comes from the Andy Reid coaching line. Reid doesn't have great receivers in KC. He has good receivers that all complement each other and they don't cost elite salaries. I believe this is what McDermott is trying to build. A complementary offense that doesn't fall apart if you take away one piece, QB obviously excluded.

Just a general point. McDermott comes from the Andy Reid coaching line. Reid doesn't have great receivers in KC. He has good receivers that all complement each other and they don't cost elite salaries. I believe this is what McDermott is trying to build. A complementary offense that doesn't fall apart if you take away one piece, QB obviously excluded.

Didn't Reid pay Maclin big FA money?

We had discussed this on this thread and the other Sammy one over the past couple days.

But this comment from him kind of sticks out.

Hmmm

Yeah, he's totally changed.

Now he just re-tweets (and posts how he agrees with) people saying he needs more targets instead of saying it himself... lol

Yep. And just like the Bills the one in five games they just throw it up to him or give him a bunch of targets he dominated.

Exactly . Anti -Sammys will believe what they want to believe. I've watched several Rams games this season and have seen Sammy open quite often. Even saw a sure TD to an open SW in the end zone passed up by Goff to throw it to Kupp near the sideline ( Kupp did score on the play but had to beat a defender). I know what I saw SW do when Roman made a decided effort to get him the ball. I'd love to see him on the current Bills. He wants the ball, big deal. No different than many WRs over the years. He probably is just playing his cards to become a FA if the Rams aren't going to focus on him getting targets. They know they can score with the other players they have and could be limiting his targets to keep the price down. It's actually a smart move by Watkins. He wants to hold the cards at contract time.

Exactly . Anti -Sammys will believe what they want to believe. I've watched several Rams games this season and have seen Sammy open quite often. Even saw a sure TD to an open SW in the end zone passed up by Goff to throw it to Kupp near the sideline ( Kupp did score on the play but had to beat a defender). I know what I saw SW do when Roman made a decided effort to get him the ball. I'd love to see him on the current Bills. He wants the ball, big deal. No different than many WRs over the years. He probably is just playing his cards to become a FA if the Rams aren't going to focus on him getting targets. They know they can score with the other players they have and could be limiting his targets to keep the price down. It's actually a smart move by Watkins. He wants to hold the cards at contract time.

Oh please. The Rams have a shot at the playoffs. You honestly believe they would sacrifice that to try and limit one player's negotiating power in free agency?

Come on now. Let's not get absurd.

disagree.

I think it's more about the meatheads who make Sammy out to be something he's clearly not.

Impressive stats.

What do we get for that exactly?

What more do you want? The offense job is to score. Something they did well last year. Something they don't do well this year. Its not the job of the offense to stop the other team from scoring.