dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You just never know with that guy.

No you don't, as with many NFL players. There aren't a whole lot of Joe Thomas' running around.

On the other hand, you don't know what you've got [i.e., the new coaching staff / front office] if you don't give yourself an opportunity to find out. By week 6 they could have had a pretty good idea and it would have made sense to pull the trigger if they were like 2-4 with a healthy Sammy.

Hindsight's 20-20, which is the Stadium Wall raison d'être...

("Look it up, Thuman!")

A big game against the 49ers and all of a sudden a post, isn't this his MO? Big games against lesser competition? Do it at Seattle and not in garbage time.

Don't look now, but SF is actually loaded with elite young talent on defense. They look to me like a young Seattle. DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas are elite talents.

This is a truth that's lost on people who don't realize that being a Bills fan is about a shared following.........not about blindly supporting suspect or unproven leadership.

Mentioned in another thread that I'm watching that Ken Burns Vietnam documentary and this frickin drought is almost as long as that conflict at this point..........all we need now is Peter Coyote to stay alive long enough to grimly narrate the retrospective of all the self-inflicted damage when it finally ends.

What really blows my mind here is looking at year 2.........what the f*ck do they do with this ancient roster next year?........take a step back? Keep old players........get rid of young ones :doh:.......McDermott is really going to have to coach his assoff to avoid the guillotine.

He's going to coach full term.

Get used to it.

Hopefully they do not have to trade up for their guy and can add 1 or 2 top 100 players at WR and TE.

Throwing to Matthews, Jones, Top 100 Rookie, Clay, O'Leary, Top 100 Rookie would not be bad.

If it takes all our top 32 to get the qb it's a little less exciting in the short term

You guys are unreal.

Says the pisser/moaner

I'm not a fan of Irvin or Faulk as commentators, but both were on superbowl winning teams that were loaded with talent. To those guys, letting Woods walk and trading Watkins makes absolutely no sense.

Beane and McDermott better prove themselves to be ninjas, because the league's perception of them right now is that they're a couple of amateurs who are in over their heads.

Oh? You've spoken to the other 31 GM's?

Do tell.

The Rams just rebuilt in ONE OFFSEASON by bringing in a young offensive wizzard who understands modern passing concepts. They picked up two quality WRs who the Bills didn't want and are using them to score points and win games.

The Pegulas entrusted their billion-dollar organization to a couple of nobodies with a 3-5 year plan who promptly shed a ton of talent, stocked the roster with aging vets, and neutralized the offense to the point of being flaccid and unwatchable.

But yeah, it's Tyrod's fault.

Are we really ready for three more years of this? More importantly, is Terry?

By next October, the Bills likely will still be going sideways while a team of former Bills whom McBeane jettisoned could whip their current replacements. You think Terry is gonna stay patient at that point? The fans will be going nuts. Pundits will be calling the Bills a farm team en masse. There is no way this regime sees Year 3 at this rate and then here we go again with the restart. The only salvageable piece of that is that by then, maybe they've actually drafted a Baker Mayfield...

The Watkins trade was the dumbest display of "strategy" I've seen from this team in a long time, and that's really saying something. It was cruel to the fans and, more importantly, Beane really put himself up against the wall with the move, and then McBeane doubled down in the idiocy and insult by lying to the fans that they're not throwing in the towel this year.

Terry watches our offense and he hears about tonight's Rams game and he isn't going to be pleased. That "patience for the process" McBeane was banking on is already under a ton of stress.

Yup. It's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Did you say they rebuilt in ONE OFFSEASON?? :lol::lol::lol:

Let me go back ......

Yep, you did..... :lol::lol::lol: