Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I respect insiders so I don't want to pressure you but why not just share it? I think the dust has settled enough, no?

Or you could just send me a PM if it makes you more comfortable. :D

it's some strong accusations. And I have essentially used some proxies to bring it up at some point.

I respect insiders so I don't want to pressure you but why not just share it? I think the dust has settled enough, no?

I doubt that the dust has settled yet, given this thread. My guess is that as the year goes on and we hit the offseason more news will start to filter out.

Again, this trade made little sense from a football standpoint, making you wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

Is the guy the Bills used that 4th round draft pick from Marshawn on even still in the league? Marshawn, of course, still is. :nana:

Bills received a 2011 4th round pick and a 2012 5th round pick for Marshawn Lynch.

Chris Hairston is still in the NFL, the backup Right Tackle for the LA Chargers

Tank Carder is also still in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns. He tore his ACL last month and was put on IR but last season was a backup ILB for the Browns.

i have no way to verify anything of the specifics because I have no sources within the team.. but I do talk to people with other clubs. Its fair to say "the word" is hes not someone they wanted to continue building a team with, as a core guy. And no one cried when he left.

Also- I agree with whoever said that while they want to win as many games as possible this year (trade does not equal tank), they do not want to do that at the expense of building their team going forward. And while Sammy may have helped TT this year due to the deep ball connection, I would infer that he's not part of the plan either so it's moot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The best way to rationalize this trade is this - McBeane wasn't going to re-sign Sammy because that's not where they want to spend the cap. McBeane comes from Carolina school where they don't pay for expensive wideouts and corners but over pay for linemen.

Not sure if anyone remembers, but at some point last season there was an article on how different NFL teams allocate % of dollars within the cap to certain positions. For some guys its D line, for others it's WRs (for example).

I've looked for it a couple times, but haven't been able to find it. I do recall it saying that Buffalo's cap allocation by position was way outta wack compared to the more successful teams in the league.

I find it very easy to believe that even if they liked Sammy, they didn't want to allocate a big chunk of the cap to his deal (especially when we'll have a new QB next year).