I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

Taylor is what he is at this point. Not good enough. No need to keep running the same race here. Let's see the other guy

you need to give him until the bye. the kid will do no better but if taylor can not lead the offense to wins and they lose the next three, which is possible, then you bench him for the kid. allow him to get his licks and some time at the next level to reassure that he can be what he was drafted for, the back up to the rookie.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many receiving corps would do well with this QB?

When Watkins, and woods were on the field and healthy, TT put up good numbers.

you need to give him until the bye. the kid will do no better but if taylor can not lead the offense to wins and they lose the next three, which is possible, then you bench him for the kid. allow him to get his licks and some time at the next level to reassure that he can be what he was drafted for, the back up to the rookie.

I've already said the rookie in 2018 will be our starter. and that could be fun.

How good?

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/12/07/tyrod-taylors-numbers-withwithout-sammy-watkins-and-robert-woods-are-alarming/

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns he’s tossed in 14 games when his top-two WR’s are not playing together."

Truth

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns he’s tossed in 14 games when his top-two WR’s are not playing together."

I've already said the rookie in 2018 will be our starter. and that could be fun.

he shouldn't start until 2019? I believe he will sit behind the fa they bring in (maybe brees) while being groomed and if peterman can handle the next level he will likely be the back up to the rookie. taylor wont be in a bills uni in 2018.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/12/07/tyrod-taylors-numbers-withwithout-sammy-watkins-and-robert-woods-are-alarming/

Do you think we should've resigned Woods?

Over the course of a regular NFL season, Taylor has certainly piled up efficient numbers, but you'd be hard pressed to call them good IMO.

No amount of receiving talent is going to change the fact that he's not a good quarterback.

Taylor is not elite or even good, but with a supporting cast around him he is far from terrible. He is a FA, not a drafted QB with high expectations as a franchise guy. Probably his last year here. Most posters are rational and understand this. The few who say he is terrible, and have an agenda against the guy, need help.An irrational hate for a player-even to root for losses when he plays-there's something wrong. that's all.

You stated numerous times that you couldn't wait for TT to fail to rub it in everyone's face. BBMB members will back this up.

Only because of the way posters attacked and insulted me because of my view of TT as a QB.

There was never any hatred for the person there, and I only accept Bills losses when it helps draft position...I never root for losses.

Edited by Crusher

Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 1h1 hour ago

More

Tyrod isn't a perfect QB. He's an average/below average starter. But some fans just trying to bury the dude for anything. That ain't fair.

Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 44m44 minutes ago

More

There is nothing new to see. Peterman was blatantly average in the preseason and they clearly don't want to put him out there yet.

There sure is alot of "not fair" going on when talking about Taylor this year.

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns hes tossed in 14 games when his top-two WRs are not playing together."

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns hes tossed in 14 games when his top-two WRs are not playing together."

Good send that that to the Rams. Maybe they will send more picks to is for TT.

I started to have serious concerns about Tyrod after last years opener vs. the Ravens where he played much like the game this past Sunday and just couldn't do anything in the passing game. I was officially done with him after the Raiders game in '16, where he couldn't make 1 pass to save his life the entire 2nd half when the team so badly needed him to.

He is not a good enough passer, and his apologists who say to look at his YPA, his running ability and his lack of turnovers I say no thanks. There is a reason the Bills were designed to lead the league in rushing the last 2 years.....it's because they knew they had a QB that can't win in the pocket and can't consistently throw the ball.

He has 31 full games as the Bills starter:

He's thrown for 195 yards or less in 16 games

He's thrown for 300 or more yards once (and that was the OT game vs. MIA last yr.)

That isn't good no matter how you try and slice it.

Now add onto that the fact he has passed for 1 TD or less in 20 of his 31 starts. Not good.

Its NOT FAIR for Jordan Matthews to have to deal with this in his contract year.

Boo freaking hoo. Hes not special, how do you think people like Lee Evans felt?

Its week 3 can we act like this in December? Or would you rather overreact all the time?

Boo freaking hoo. Hes not special, how do you think people like Lee Evans felt?

Its week 3 can we act like this in December? Or would you rather overreact all the time?

Wait do cant use Not Fair for Matthews, but have to hear over and over how somehow being critical of TT is "Not Fair"

Its NOT FAIR for Jordan Matthews to have to deal with this in his contract year.

okp66FD.gif

Jordan Matthews on Tyrod:

Hes a great quarterback, knows where to find you on the field, Matthews said. Hes playing to my strengths, he knows the routes Im really good at. Hes watched film on me from when I was with the Eagles. Hes confident in me going out there, so Im ready to get out there and play with him.

This is probably the smartest thing you've ever posted regarding quarterback play.

Lol

Hey look another call out post from you. Cool

okp66FD.gif

Jordan Matthews on Tyrod:

Hes a great quarterback, knows where to find you on the field, Matthews said. Hes playing to my strengths, he knows the routes Im really good at. Hes watched film on me from when I was with the Eagles. Hes confident in me going out there, so Im ready to get out there and play with him.

Its not fair. Just not fair.

Well, I've scanned through all 800 pages of this thread and don't see any posts from the head coach. So it doesn't matter a hill of beans whether the OP or anyone else is done with Taylor or not. He's had bad games before then played better afterward. So we'll see how he performs Sunday. If at some point McD decides Peterman could do better he'll get his shot, them some will get their wish.

As one who has watched the Bills since 1960, I would remind you all of one thing: there has only been one backup Bills QB who ever moved up to starter and became a really good QB. His name was Lamonica, and he did it for another team. Bills fans always think the backup is a star in waiting ; he never is.

And no, Flutie wasn't.

Yeah, its all well and good to say that the defense kept us in the game. That completely ignores the fact that without a viable receiving threat or running game, our QB didn't turn over the ball. This is also something that kept us in the game.

Taylor isn't a long term solution, but he's our guy at least for this year. Peterman is a project. You don't put him in unless Taylor gets hurt.

Well, I've scanned through all 800 pages of this thread and don't see any posts from the head coach. So it doesn't matter a hill of beans whether the OP or anyone else is done with Taylor or not. He's had bad games before then played better afterward. So we'll see how he performs Sunday. If at some point McD decides Peterman could do better he'll get his shot, them some will get their wish.

As one who has watched the Bills since 1960, I would remind you all of one thing: there has only been one backup Bills QB who ever moved up to starter and became a really good QB. His name was Lamonica, and he did it for another team. Bills fans always think the backup is a star in waiting ; he never is.

And no, Flutie wasn't.

Doubt anyone thinks Peterman is a star in waiting. It's just obvious Taylor isn't.

Yeah, its all well and good to say that the defense kept us in the game. That completely ignores the fact that without a viable receiving threat or running game, our QB didn't turn over the ball. This is also something that kept us in the game.

Taylor isn't a long term solution, but he's our guy at least for this year. Peterman is a project. You don't put him in unless Taylor gets hurt.

So we'll keep losing with a QB who we know is a dead man walking, instead of seeing what we have in a kid who was handpicked by the current regime. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the logic in that. I don't think they should throw Peterman into the fire; but they should start getting him ready so they can assess what they have in him now, instead of trying to do so in bull **** practices and preaseason games next year.

So we'll keep losing with a QB who we know is a dead man walking, instead of seeing what we have in a kid who was handpicked by the current regime. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the logic in that. I don't think they should throw Peterman into the fire; but they should start getting him ready so they can assess what they have in him now, instead of trying to do so in bull **** practices and preaseason games next year.

The kid couldn't possibly be ready. They know his skill set already. He likely develops into a very solid #2 QB. As far as Taylor, he isn't the long term guy buy gives us our best shot. As I said before, if we had Watkins, Woods and Harvin, we win this one going away

Taylor is not elite or even good, but with a supporting cast around him he is far from terrible. He is a FA, not a drafted QB with high expectations as a franchise guy. Probably his last year here. Most posters are rational and understand this. The few who say he is terrible, and have an agenda against the guy, need help.An irrational hate for a player-even to root for losses when he plays-there's something wrong. that's all.

Taylor would need the 2000 Rams offense and the 2000 Ravens defense for this team to have a chance at a Super Bowl with Taylor's throwing abilities.

Taylor would need the 2000 Rams offense and the 2000 Ravens defense for this team to have a chance at a Super Bowl with Taylor's throwing abilities.

And we'd need a young Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers with the group of receivers we have

The kid couldn't possibly be ready. They know his skill set already. He likely develops into a very solid #2 QB. As far as Taylor, he isn't the long term guy buy gives us our best shot. As I said before, if we had Watkins, Woods and Harvin, we win this one going away

I'm not disagreeing with you, per se. The fact is that we have a known: Tyrod ain't the guy. And we have an unknown: What do we have in Peterman?

And I don't know at what Taylor gives us a best shot. The schedule is BRUTAL. He can play his best football and we'd end up at ... you guessed it ... 7-9.

Why? What will that accomplish? Moral victory? !@#$ that ****. We need a good draft.

And one last thing .. we had Watkins, Woods and Harvin last year. And the year before. Under .500, and people can blame the defense all they want.

The defense looks great against the Jets and the Panthers. Let's see how the D and the O do against NE twice, NO, ATL, OAK, TB and MIA twice before we call them a Top 5 D. I suspect things will be different when they play against a McCown or an obviously injured Cam Newton.

I threw my old Rolodex of excuses out after last year. No more excuses. This team stinks and they might as well get something out of it (better draft pick and see what Peterman is or is not) than go out and let Tyrod "lead" them to another sub .500 season and a 9th !@#$ing overall pick.

No playoffs for 17 years and this poster is talking about a SB. This roster is far from being a SB roster, no matter who the QB is.

And we'd need a young Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers with the group of receivers we have

I just don't agree with this.

You can give him a few more weapons and it won't fix the major issues he has.

Can't read a defense, can't throw to the middle of the field, not accurate, doesn't stay in pocket, thinks run first...

He's bad. He isn't even average. The league told us all we needed to know about TT when nobody gave him an offer that was worth a crap last offseason but us.

Sad!

Edited by McBean

Can't read a defense, can't throw to the middle of the field, not accurate, doesn't stay in pocket, thinks run first...

He's bad. He isn't even average. The league told us all we needed to know about TT when nobody gave him an offer that was worth a crap last offseason but us.

Sad!

He's not a great quarterback but there are plenty worse

Sad!

He did fine when he had Watkins and Woods healthy.