ESPN *tried* to take Jemele Hill off the air...and failed.

dpberr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why did it have to be an "african american" host to fill in? sounds pretty racist

Can you imagine the twitter firestorm if they got two white dudes to fill in?

Does anyone really watch anything on ESPN that isn't a live sporting event?

College Gameday is still pretty good.

So ESPN stands by somebody critical of Trump but fired Hank Williams for criticising Obama

word is that Disney ceo Bob Iger wants to eventually run for president and in the meantime is pushing his liberal agenda on all of his networks. my wife watches the View on abc and i just have to laugh because the show exists to empower women and to give them a voice but then they set women back 100 years with how stupid they sound. hearing how ignorant and uninmformed these ladies are makes me second guess whether we should still allow women to vote. Susan B Anthony is probably rolling over in her grave. i say that in jest because i know there are extremely intelligent women out there, much more so than myself, but they certainly do not exist on that show and if i was a femanist i would demand they cancel it immediately

I read an opinion piece in my local rag by the "sports editor" who often comments on a lot of things non-sporting. In my opinion, he's one of those I'm smarter than any of you kind of guys. He was ranting this morning because in his mind, ESPN tried to fire her for doing her job. What? Here's what I don't get, she is a supposed "sports journalist", stick to sports, why does everyone have to drag up politics? Would there be outrage if some "sports journalist" came out in support of white supremacists? Of course! Would they get fired? Of course! These "sports journalists" need to just stick to sports.

I read an opinion piece in my local rag by the "sports editor" who often comments on a lot of things non-sporting. In my opinion, he's one of those I'm smarter than any of you kind of guys. He was ranting this morning because in his mind, ESPN tried to fire her for doing her job. What? Here's what I don't get, she is a supposed "sports journalist", stick to sports, why does everyone have to drag up politics? Would there be outrage if some "sports journalist" came out in support of white supremacists? Of course! Would they get fired? Of course! These "sports journalists" need to just stick to sports.

100% agree. STICK TO SPORTS! people say that to sports reporters on twitter and they get mad but it's true. we come to you for our SPORTS. we don't care what your thoughts are on politics or social issues. we don't care about your family or personal life. we aren't your fans. you aren't a celebrity and you are easily replaceable. we just want our sports news so please give the customer what they want or they will move on to someone else who will

So ESPN stands by somebody critical of Trump but fired Hank Williams for criticising Obama

are they standing by her by attempting to remove her from the show? From my understanding the only reason she wasn't taken off was because the other host refused to do the show with anyone else.....

It's funny how a country that's so proud of their "right to free speech" get so offended when that right is used but what's said goes against their beliefs

This happens with both sides of the political scale you fall under or races. Look at home many 'celebrities' get into trouble cause they say something that's considered offensive but we'll within their right to say because of free speech.

And now for the next 3+ years we will continue to hear "Well if this was said about Obama....." to anything said bad against Trump. The only difference seems to be that the BAD things said against Obama where based because of his skin color, or the belief he wasn't 'American', where the bad things said about trump are based off of his actions and what he says/tweets

And now for the next 3+ years we will continue to hear "Well if this was said about Obama....." to anything said bad against Trump. The only difference seems to be that the BAD things said against Obama where based because of his skin color, or the belief he wasn't 'American', where the bad things said about trump are based off of his actions and what he says/tweets

:lol: Really dude? The only bad things said about Obama were because he was black (ish)? Talk about selective hearing.

Edited by LeviF91

:lol: Really dude? The only bad things said about Obama were because he was black (ish)? Talk about selective hearing.

Don't forget Kenya. And Muslim. He was Kenyan, Muslim and black. Those were the only criticisms.

And ESPN is anti-semitic and misogynist

Don't forget Kenya. And Muslim. He was Kenyan, Muslim and black. Those were the only criticisms.

And ESPN is anti-semitic and misogynist

Correct.

I distinctly remember the bunch of us down here saying over and over again, "Darn that black, Kenyan, Muslim Obama! If only a Christian, American, of European descent had advanced the exact same policy objectives I could get right behind them!"

He will never run. Too many "alleged" skeletons in his closet. He'd destroy his legacy, and if there's one thing he cares about more than himself, it's his legacy.

Is he a kid-diddler like most Disney execs?

are they standing by her by attempting to remove her from the show? From my understanding the only reason she wasn't taken off was because the other host refused to do the show with anyone else.....

It's funny how a country that's so proud of their "right to free speech" get so offended when that right is used but what's said goes against their beliefs

This happens with both sides of the political scale you fall under or races. Look at home many 'celebrities' get into trouble cause they say something that's considered offensive but we'll within their right to say because of free speech.

Free speech is freedom of expression, and as such, can be criticized openly, as that criticism is also free expression. Protected speech only means that the government can't silence you, it doesn't mean people have to listen to what's being said.

http://www.theday.com/sports-columns/20170914/espns-hill-gets-paid-to-express-her-feelings-and-for-that-she-neednt-apologize

Was it her personal Twitter account, or an account connected to ESPN somehow?

If it's her personal account, ESPN can !@#$ off. I'm getting seriously tired of the whole "Your employer is responsible for your personal behavior during non-working hours" bull ****.

Was it her personal Twitter account, or an account connected to ESPN somehow?

If it's her personal account, ESPN can !@#$ off. I'm getting seriously tired of the whole "Your employer is responsible for your personal behavior during non-working hours" bull ****.

Whether ESPN likes it or not her "verified" twitter account with a link to her work on ESPN's website in her bio is going to reflect on them. I don't like it and I'm sure they don't either.

I personally think this Jemele Hill's is exit strategy.

She'll get released from ESPN for whatever creative differences, then she can go to a network show, probably "The View", and then she can talk about how she is a victim because of how horribly she was treated at ESPN, and then make gross, deceitful and baseless accusations against President Trump all she wants, and she won't get in trouble for it, and they will treat her as if she were some sort of hero.

This is all speculation on my part, but this wouldn't surprise me if it turned out this way.

Edited by Mark Vader

I could give a **** about what she said. I didn't watch her before and I won't watch her now. It's the double standard by ESPN/Disney that frosts me. They've fired/suspended other people who said much less worse things than this. The ratings for SC6 I understand continue downward but since ESPN uses that show as a sort of virtue signaling they are safe.

Can't figure it out lol? I don't come from an age group that can spell, but I can think...so maybe I can help :)

I'm sure you can think, but I'm beginning to question how well.

If that's a spelling error, or a typo, why not go fix it so you're effectively communicating.

Or do you come from an age group that's lazy and blames everyone else for your own errors?

edit: there you go. Now that that's behind us, do you have anything else to contribute?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker