Do you think we can beat Carolina?

Steptide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olsen and McCaffrey should be a good test for the LB's and maybe we'll find out what they're really made of. I assume McDermott and Frazier will plan around that and provide help at times or we might just see them try and make the Panthers nickel and dime underneath all game.

If the Bills can play another clean, relatively mistake free game, they certainly have a chance.

Olsen and McCaffrey should be a good test for the LB's and maybe we'll find out what they're really made of. I assume McDermott and Frazier will plan around that and provide help at times or we might just see them try and make the Panthers nickel and dime underneath all game.

If the Bills can play another clean, relatively mistake free game, they certainly have a chance.

I'm excited to see him live. He's got Soooo much hype

If i'm calling the plays... I'm coming in heavy. Using a FB and TE on most snaps, and coming right at those linebackers. They're all solid, but they're all good coverage backers. Use the big boys up front and hammer them and make them a bit more miserable.

Then - Set up some play action, and attack their secondary. Even if its fake audibles to get them to cheat off the line, I want to dictate what they're doing.

I also practice a few plays in no-huddle, because this one could come down to a clutch halftime or game ending drive.

I absolutely think we can beat Carolina. The issue in my mind is whether or not the offensive line can do a good enough job on Short and Lotulelei to get bodies into the second level on Davis and Kuechly...without that McCoy isn't going to be effective enough and we won't be able to outpace Carolina's offense, because I do think they can score points. Also think Olsen is a matchup problem and combined with how McCaffery looks the secondary is going to have to be airtight to keep from getting hurt on playaction w/ Olsen and Benjamin.

This is a game that a guy like Dareus can make a big difference in being that rock in the middle disrupting Newton's timing and causing problems for their running game. Stewart looks to have lost a step but they can still run him effectively with both Newton and McCaffery as options. If Dareus shows up I think we have a solid chance, but I still see a Panthers win.

No. Panthers smash us. The Jets are terrible. The Panthers will be playing a similar D, so maybe the Bills score points, but McD's secondary gave up some yards to Mclown. Cam Newton is going to throw through the air. When McD switches to covering the pass, then Cam will run. The D will break at the end of the third quarter and the Panthers will run away in the forth. The Panthers will be a great feat for the Bills to play against.

I think the Bills could have a chance, but at this early stage in the season, the Bills haven't matured enough yet to compete against the Panthers. Fans will be calling for McD's and Beanbabies heads on Monday.

No. Panthers smash us. The Jets are terrible. The Panthers will be playing a similar D, so maybe the Bills score points, but McD's secondary gave up some yards to Mclown. Cam Newton is going to throw through the air. When McD switches to covering the pass, then Cam will run. The D will break at the end of the third quarter and the Panthers will run away in the forth. The Panthers will be a great feat for the Bills to play against.

I think the Bills could have a chance, but at this early stage in the season, the Bills haven't matured enough yet to compete against the Panthers. Fans will be calling for McD's and Beanbabies heads on Monday.

I think the x factor for the carolina offense is McCaffrey. If we can stop/slow him, then i think they won't convert as many third downs. Fewer third downs = fewer plays = fewer yards = fewer points.

I absolutely think we can beat Carolina. The issue in my mind is whether or not the offensive line can do a good enough job on Short and Lotulelei to get bodies into the second level on Davis and Kuechly...without that McCoy isn't going to be effective enough and we won't be able to outpace Carolina's offense, because I do think they can score points. Also think Olsen is a matchup problem and combined with how McCaffery looks the secondary is going to have to be airtight to keep from getting hurt on playaction w/ Olsen and Benjamin.

This is a game that a guy like Dareus can make a big difference in being that rock in the middle disrupting Newton's timing and causing problems for their running game. Stewart looks to have lost a step but they can still run him effectively with both Newton and McCaffery as options. If Dareus shows up I think we have a solid chance, but I still see a Panthers win.

Yeah their front 7 is good. Definitely a strength vs. strength game on both sides.

Gotta take care of the football in this one, and hope for a turnover or two.

I guess "some yards" could mean anything greater than 0, so in that sense you're correct, but McCown got 187 yards and 4.8 YPA. Let's not act like it wasn't a good all-around defensive performance.

Even with a busted should Cam Newton is about even with TT. Panthers have more talent on their roster though. We'll probably lose by 2 scores

How did this ultra-talented team manage to go 6-10 last year in a mediocre division?

Cam Newton is going to throw through the air.

That's usually the best way to do it. He must be well-coached.