A few thought about the Jets game. In no particular order

Virgil

When he's running north south not east west he looked good.

Wasn't all that impressed with the ground game. Jets are stout upfront but probably not as much without Richardson.

I expect a some what decent drop in the rushing game this year.

Almost 200 yards rushing and you're not "all that impressed?"

OK.

Of course he's a North-South guy. That's the thing the fans should enjoy. He's an Alstott kind of guy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When he's running north south not east west he looked good.

Wasn't all that impressed with the ground game. Jets are stout upfront but probably not as much without Richardson.

I expect a some what decent drop in the rushing game this year.

Not impressed with the ground game Scott? You were more impressed with Gillislee's 45 yards on 15 carries than Shady's 110 yards on 22 carries? Even Tolbert had a better YPC than Gillislee, and only 3 less yards. So that's a bit of a weird statement coming from you.

Not impressed with the ground game Scott? You were more impressed with Gillislee's 45 yards on 15 carries than Shady's 110 yards on 22 carries? Even Tolbert had a better YPC than Gillislee, and only 3 less yards. So that's a bit of a weird statement coming from you.

Is it really?

Good sht Virgil.

Need to see a better pass rush, im surprised we only had 1 sack and that was on a safety blitz.

The offense needed this low pressure tune up game to get back in sync after the concussion, the NP rebellion led by the anti CoT, and Matthews spleen injury.

Next week im expecting a lot more out of this offense, and this defense needs to play much better against a Panthers team that will play well against a cover 2 zone scheme.

Good sht Virgil.

Need to see a better pass rush, im surprised we only had 1 sack and that was on a safety blitz.

Agreed with this to an extent. One sack only, but both INTs were from pressure.

Constant 2-3 step drops lead to ... Mccown. Counting the sack of mccown, the jets averaged 4.5 yards per pass play. That is terrible.

This. Despite the Bills' inability to pull away, they were never really threatened.

Next week is a better yardstick. On the road against a better team. Not a world beater but a pretty good one. Watched their game today: McCaffrey gets the ball ALL THE TIME in that offense.

Looked great?

Not nearly as good as last year. They had a few nice runs but I wasn't all that impressed with the ground game. Too many stuffs/tackles for losses/1 yard gains. Maybe I'm spoiled from the last two years of great rushing attacks. That said, Tolbert actually looked decent.

Tyrod was Tyrod outside of one turnover that may or may not have been on him. I like Tyrods game. Always have.

Poyer was impressive. Tre White was as well.

Take it all with a huge grain of salt. It's the Jets. They are gunnin for #1 overall.

Jest still have a lot of talent on their front 7 and were focused on McCoy. The Bills did very well running the ball considering that.

We're going to have agree to disagree on Tyrod.

Loved what I saw from White too. Agree there.

And I agree with the grain of salt comment. It was against a bad Jest team.

Ehh, they did what they had to do to win the game. You have to consider the opponent and they weren't going to take any big chances late in the game. Have to think it would of been different if they were playing against a more high caliber offense.

I know, I did mention that this was possible because they played an inferior opponent . My point was they better change this style against a good offence, or they will get burned

Jest still have a lot of talent on their front 7 and were focused on McCoy. The Bills did very well running the ball considering that.

We're going to have agree to disagree on Tyrod.

Loved what I saw from White too. Agree there.

And I agree with the grain of salt comment. It was against a bad Jest team.

The jets' front seven is excellent and played well. I was very impressed by Adams too. The team overall is terrible.

Agreed with this to an extent. One sack only, but both INTs were from pressure.

This. Despite the Bills' inability to pull away, they were never really threatened.

Next week is a better yardstick. On the road against a better team. Not a world beater but a pretty good one. Watched their game today: McCaffrey gets the ball ALL THE TIME in that offense.

Thats accurate on the INTs but im also a Jets fan and i know that OLine is patchwork at best. Some of those are playing higher than their pay grade we should have been able to abuse them, its valid.

To me, it looked a lot like last year's offense with fewer big plays but more efficient plays. And that's probably ok.

I will take that offense if our D can play like yesterday. That was the difference from last year's crap defense. Taylor will play conservatively and if the D can keep the other team under 15 points, we will win most of the time. That is how we won 9 games in Marronne's last year.

I'm not gauging anything from our 5th preseason game. Sorry I just can't.

The Jets are a complete laughingstock and embarrassment.

To me the season starts this week.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Good game. Defense looked much improved--the point made above that they seemed to know what they were doing, not confused or late, is such a relief after Rex's terrible coaching. Taylor made some of the good plays that we saw last season.

I am worried about putting the entire offense on Shady's shoulders. I hated seeing him sent into the middle of the line on virtually every play in the fourth quarter when they were trying to run out the clock. Tolbert looked okay in the first half, but when you need a breakout running play, McCoy is apparently all they have. Do they not trust Banyard to take any carries?

I still wish they had Watkins, but life goes on.

Carolina will be a major test.

I thought the Jets were intentionally trying not to win with that punt at the end of the game...down only 2 scores with 4 min to play and they punt near mid field...just seemed a little too obvious to me.

No, Bowles is notorious for not going for it on 4th down at that juncture. WFAN callers will go nuts calling for his head, as they have so many times before. The only difference will be that there won't be any Craig Carton obnoxiously piling on.

190 yards and 40 of which was from Tyrod scrambles.

I did say maybe I'm spoiled from the rushing attack the past two years, but it didn't look as effective to me.

Just an observation. Only one game.

My point on Tolbert was I liked his runs up the middle or between the tackles, not outside.

Yes, you might be a bit spoiled considering that if they did this every week, they would have the third highest team rushing total in NFL history and would be just the third team to eclipse 3000 yards.

And do Tyrod's rushing yards not count. He had nearly 600 of them last year.

D - $

McCoy - $

Tolbert - almost unfair when they brought him in

#1 Pick Corner - looked it

Tyrod - in control

Hoping this was like pre-season game #5 and we haven't seen ( no need) the real offense.

Not. 1. Deep. Ball.

Not concerned cuz:

AFC East:

Bills 1 0

Fish 0 0

Jets 0 1

PMen 0 1

The Bills looked OK. They won a game they should have won comfortably but they made a couple of critical mistakes that allowed a Jets team that is vastly inferior to them hang around much longer than they should have. Tyrod's near disastrous pick early in the game is what set the team back and prevented them from building a bigger lead. But the Bills certainly played much better the rest of the way eventually putting the Jets away with that third TD.

But the defense played well, it certainly was a strong performance overall from the unit. The Jets could rush the ball much at all and their passing attack only got going on 2-3 drives with limited success outside of the scoring drive. Special teams was decent although the missed kick certainly stings as making that could have made things much more comfortable for the team.

Overall the game went as I suspected. The Bills won but let the Jets hang around a bit longer than they should have. The schedule doesn't get any easier so getting this first win is critical to any hope this season holds. Get the W you should have gotten and then hopefully learn from your mistakes and tighten things up for the coming weeks.