So Tyrod hasent practiced in over a week and a half...

Steptide

All last year, i yelled at the tv "throw the damn ball taylor"....This preseason he threw the ball, and it wasn't good, hell wenner looked better. i hope they bring taylor along slooowly.

Edited by Sgt. Ski

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks Peterman is the better option to start right now because he made a few throws against 2nd and the 3rd stringers in meaningless games needs to get their head checked. TT has over 30 starts, a winning record, is a dual threat and is definitely our best option to start. Not to say Peterman won't be a good QB or even perhaps a good QB in the league, but TT has earned his spot as the man to lead the offense. If he struggles in the new offense and the Bills are something like 2-6, then I'd give Peterman a shot.

But they'll still start him if he's ready to go. This makes me nervous. Peterman has had all 1st team reps for close to 2 weeks now. Imo he's more pre pared for the jets game. Even if it's only the jets game and tyrod is back in week 2. Tyrod will look rusty if he plays this week

All the first team reps for the better part of two years plus another 5 or so years experience vs all the starting reps this week.... who is more likely to be "ready"

They did that last year and we still ran it down their throats. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And still fired a coach and started a completr rebuild and still have nothing at Qab

If they are still questioning it on Monday, then they should definitely start Peterman. That was a very brutal back of head concussion, for me those were the worst concussions I have ever had. Tyrod needs to take his time coming back.

I agree 16 weeks is a good recovery timetable. All about his health is what i am concerned with. Head injuries are vicious. Edited by MAJBobby

Can't believe so many negative comments on TT. He played LY protecting the ball well and running well. We had a great run offense and a terrible "D". Watkins hurt most of the season. 2nd receiver hurt with groin problems. TE couldn't catch and it goes on. Go TT.

Can't believe so many negative comments on TT. He played LY protecting the ball well and running well. We had a great run offense and a terrible "D". Watkins hurt most of the season. 2nd receiver hurt with groin problems. TE couldn't catch and it goes on. Go TT.

More excuses for the flawed QB just one more year. One more year

Anyone who thinks Peterman is the better option to start right now because he made a few throws against 2nd and the 3rd stringers in meaningless games needs to get their head checked.

I think you need the check up from the neck up.

The 3rd preseason game is the one that they plan for, the most completive one of the preseason. TT was hurt on the last play of the second series and he looked like crap. Peterman came in and played against their 1s and looked much better imo.

And still fired a coach and started a completr rebuild and still have nothing at Qab

I agree 16 weeks is a good recovery timetable. All out his health

Usually that back of the head slam comes with wiplash and that is as much of an issue as the concussion. Neck trap muscle stiffness and soreness can linger and create headaches as well. Had both types and neither are fun. The headaches and tunnel vision comeback when trying to move your head around too fast too soon. Hope he heals first... And it is a process.

Anyone who thinks Peterman is the better option to start right now because he made a few throws against 2nd and the 3rd stringers in meaningless games needs to get their head checked. TT has over 30 starts, a winning record, is a dual threat and is definitely our best option to start. Not to say Peterman won't be a good QB or even perhaps a good QB in the league, but TT has earned his spot as the man to lead the offense. If he struggles in the new offense and the Bills are something like 2-6, then I'd give Peterman a shot.

Who is the better QB right now based on this offseason?

Good he practiced.

Now deal him to the Colts

Woah dude!! I just got finished predicting this in another thread.

I said after Tyrod Taylor has a solid game versus the Jets he is then traded to the Colts for a second round 2018 draft pick, to start for a newly injured Luck whos out for the season, again.

Usually that back of the head slam comes with wiplash and that is as much of an issue as the concussion. Neck trap muscle stiffness and soreness can linger and create headaches as well. Had both types and neither are fun. The headaches and tunnel vision comeback when trying to move your head around too fast too soon. Hope he heals first... And it is a process.

I agree. Thats why i am saying 16 weeks. Take care of his health.

Tyrod Taylor and our offense was not the problem last year. The only valid reason for those wishing Peterman to start is they want us to tank and it's the only way to see if we have anything in Peterman before drafting a 1st round QB next year. I recognize that Taylor will never be a QB who wins you the SB but he will get you to the playoffs with a good defense.

All those thinking Peterman is ready to start an NFL regular season game or is better right now than a healthy Tyrod should be required by law to go into the concussion protocol.

No, they they need a psych ER e v a l and lots of thorazine.... I work in one... its protocol :)

Edited by North Buffalo

His crutch Sammy is gone. No need for further explanation.

Yes and yes

If I had to guess, theirs a 99.9% chance Taylor is gonna be the starter this week

Yeah because he showed so much of it. Ooo wait no he really hasnt.

A system based on Timing and Anticipation is somehow good for Tyrod Taylor. Really? And who is grasping

I wanna respond to you brehs but I cant...i jus found out McBeane traded me to the Houston Texans forum for a bag of chips and a 2022 2nd round draft pick :bag:

Yep and that offense clearly runs better with a QB not names Taylor behind center

Only when playing against players that arent starters. Put Peterman behind this line against starters and you will see a atruggle guaranteed. The kid needs time to develop, you need to drop the anecdotal hyperbole, and the Bills will be fine.

Yeah umm 4 preseason games showed what is in Dennisons offense and the OC killer cant run it

If you think that was Dennison's offense hopefully you dont pruse your junk email folder and see those emails trying to give you money but need your account info...

All those thinking Peterman is ready to start an NFL regular season game or is better right now than a healthy Tyrod should be required by law to go into the concussion protocol.

Right now it looks like he's about to start.

Ready or not has been argued ruthlessly.

McD says her capable. Time will tell.

Right now it looks like he's about to start.

Ready or not has been argued ruthlessly.

McD says her capable. Time will tell.

Right now it looks to me as if Tyrod is starting. He practiced today. He will practice tomorrow when they put the game plan in. I imagine that the Bills will keep it as close to the vest as they can to mess with the Jets the ever so slight advantage that would give.

Right now it looks to me as if Tyrod is starting. He practiced today. He will practice tomorrow when they put the game plan in. I imagine that the Bills will keep it as close to the vest as they can to mess with the Jets the ever so slight advantage that would give.

Limited practice is what I heard.

The press was asked to leave when he took the field.

It a tree falls and no one is there too see it.

Hes begun the Return-to-Participation process.

The league guidelines state that a player may be considered to return to practice only after the player has returned to baseline status with rest and exertion, has repeat neurophysiological testing, which is interpreted by the team neuropsychology consultant as back to baseline levels of functioning, and has completed the return to participation protocol. He also must be cleared by the team physician and the independent neurological consultant.

When he is cleared we will hear about it.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Who is the better QB right now based on this offseason?

Don't know, I guess I'm wondering if you were at training camp, practices, etc? Pre-season games mean next to nothing. How many times have you seen a guy have a great pre-season and completely invisible once the regular season starts. When TT was in pre-season, they called plays for him to get work on where he is weak, 3 step drop, throwing from the pocket. When regular season starts, they will be calling completely different plays to suit his strengths like rollouts, boots, etc.

Don't know, I guess I'm wondering if you were at training camp, practices, etc? Pre-season games mean next to nothing. How many times have you seen a guy have a great pre-season and completely invisible once the regular season starts. When TT was in pre-season, they called plays for him to get work on where he is weak, 3 step drop, throwing from the pocket. When regular season starts, they will be calling completely different plays to suit his strengths like rollouts, boots, etc.

Then why waste valuable practice time on something your going to shtcan once the season starts? (not being argumentative, it's a real question)

Edited by billsfan60

17 years teaches you a few things.

One of them is...anytime your team can't even get in the end zone in preseason and says "oh it's just vanilla". That's one of those "signs."

Just ask your old buddy Turk Schonert

There there is a reason for that old saying those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

And Really admitting that you're quarterbacks weakness is throwing from the pocket and then wondering if he is the best quarterback on the team??? My goodness.

Tyrod Taylor and our offense was not the problem last year. The only valid reason for those wishing Peterman to start is they want us to tank and it's the only way to see if we have anything in Peterman before drafting a 1st round QB next year. I recognize that Taylor will never be a QB who wins you the SB but he will get you to the playoffs with a good defense.

So what should be the goal then? Playoffs with help and good defense or SB?

Only when playing against players that arent starters. Put Peterman behind this line against starters and you will see a atruggle guaranteed. The kid needs time to develop, you need to drop the anecdotal hyperbole, and the Bills will be fine.

If you think that was Dennison's offense hopefully you dont pruse your junk email folder and see those emails trying to give you money but need your account info...

So just blowing off his play against the starters in third preseason game i guess.

What exactly did they say to make you think that? Preferably a quote.

Everything I hear them say is Hotrod's the man.

Bobby, while sometimes insightful, also sometimes becomes drunk on his own ideas. Belligerent drunk.

There's nothing out there to indicate he's done. Though he's unlikely to be the long term guy, and with that brings some kind of wild card factor in the situation, there's nothing indicating he would never take another snap.

What exactly did they say to make you think that? Preferably a quote.

Everything I hear them say is Hotrod's the man.

Petermans ready for an expanded offense.

Then add the Compensatory pick comment

Then add the short terms gains hurt long term success comment

Tea leaves brother tea leaves

So they asked him to be a QB. Wow earth shaking. And yes he struggled at practices as well.

Bobby, while sometimes insightful, also sometimes becomes drunk on his own ideas. Belligerent drunk.

There's nothing out there to indicate he's done. Though he's unlikely to be the long term guy, and with that brings some kind of wild card factor in the situation, there's nothing indicating he would never take another snap.

Reading tea leaves. I could 100 percent be wrong (likey might be) but trying to read the comments in terms of tea leaves.

And what would be best for the Bills long term and that would be this season being an evaluation season for Peterman going into a draft loaded at the position

So what should be the goal then? Playoffs with help and good defense or SB?

So just blowing off his play against the starters in third preseason game i guess.

2 for 7 on third down and many if not all of those non conversions were before the starters were removed.

He finished 11-23 passing for 93 yards and a passer rating of 58.8.

Just oozes hof...

Petermans ready for an expanded offense.

Then add the Compensatory pick comment

Then add the short terms gains hurt long term success comment

Tea leaves brother tea leaves

So they asked him to be a QB. Wow earth shaking. And yes he struggled at practices as well.

Reading tea leaves. I could 100 percent be wrong (likey might be) but trying to read the comments in terms of tea leaves.

And what would be best for the Bills long term and that would be this season being an evaluation season for Peterman going into a draft loaded at the position

There's really no rush though. Let Tyrod start and if he flakes out you can still make the move. No harm in seeing if he steps up first though.

You usually have more astute opinions then this Kelly. What does Peterman need to be "ready" to start an NFL game? Tyrod was terrible before the concussion this preseason. He does not throw in rhythm with his receivers. Did you not watch Peterman in the preseason? Looks pretty poised for a rookie regardless of what round he was drafted in. He easily outplayed Taylor in the preseason. Why shouldn't he get the start then?

You usually have more astute opinions then this Kelly. What does Peterman need to be "ready" to start an NFL game? Tyrod was terrible before the concussion this preseason. He does not throw in rhythm with his receivers. Did you not watch Peterman in the preseason? Looks pretty poised for a rookie regardless of what round he was drafted in. He easily outplayed Taylor in the preseason. Why shouldn't he get the start then?

I watched every play. He did a few things very good. But he wasnt even very good in preseason. At all. He didn't do well against a rush. He didnt get the ball down field at all. He threw a bunch of very nice balls and a bunch of crappy ones. He didn't go through progressions often. He didn't put up points. He didn't show adequate arm strength which was reason he went in fifth. I liked what I saw a lot. He had two INTs dropped.

But he didn't in any way show he was ready. He showed that he is good at making quick decisions with a quick release and pretty good accuracy on passes 15 yards and under. That's it.

No way he starts if he doesn't start practicing by Tuesday or Wednesday - but the team site is implying he may already be cleared for practice while still in the protocol.

My understanding is that in the last stage of the protocol, players do practice, and then are evaluated for symptoms afterward. This is after the stage in which they can participate in non-contact activities like team meetings. Tyrod has shown no symptoms through the first 4 stages. If the evaluation after today's practice is good then he's full go through the rest of the week and the game.

2 for 7 on third down and many if not all of those non conversions were before the starters were removed.

He finished 11-23 passing for 93 yards and a passer rating of 58.8.

Just oozes hof...

Where have i crowned anything with Peterman. Please show me where. I really would love to see that.

Fact is he is a better QB throwing than TT. Is a Rookie and before going into a loaded QB draft should see what you have out of him.

Sorry you just cant accept that and think this is a playoff team.

Where have i crowned anything with Peterman. Please show me where. I really would love to see that.

Fact is he is a better QB throwing than TT. Is a Rookie and before going into a loaded QB draft should see what you have out of him.

Sorry you just cant accept that and think this is a playoff team.

We are just reading your tea leaves, bob. You don't have to say anything remotely close to our argument for us to assert what you really mean!

:)

There's really no rush though. Let Tyrod start and if he flakes out you can still make the move. No harm in seeing if he steps up first though.

Is he or is he not part of the long term solution. At 18M cap hit easy no. So why even play him what does he offer? Is he going to improve finally in year 3 as a starter and 8 years in the league Anticipation and pocket throwing?