Josh Allen on at noon

Buffalo Barbarian

You can see the talent...

But the scheme and offensive play calls are terrible. Coaching game 1 has not helped his stock!!!! Plus some bad drops...

This game alone has taken him out of a top 5 pick.

I've never thought he was a top 5 pick, not even a top 10 pick. But he is 1st rd talent.

This thread is utterly ridiculous. Yeah that was a bad throw there. But do you people realize that he lost:

-his starting running back (on the Falcons)

-his second running back

-his top receiver (on the Bears)

-his second receiver (hung around Saints camp for a minute)

-his starting tight end (on the Patriots last I checked)

-his center (probably going to start for the Redskins)

THIS IS HIS FIRST GAME WITH A BUNCH OF FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED TOGETHER AND IT ISN'T EVEN A PARTICULARLY GOOD RECRUITING CLASS AND IT'S AGAINST A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL OF COMPETITION.

I'm not gonna pull the "I watch every Wyoming game so I know more than you" card anymore but please, have some perspective. They're not going to be very good this year. At the very least, wait til he plays against MWC competition for a few weeks.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Dude UB has opened with Georgia and Ohio state in the last 5 years.

That's a big game.

I don't count their game against Minnesota the other day a big game.. it's a winnable game...

Allen still has lots of potential

Ooo now talking UB

Yes Wyoming opening IN Iowa is a big game to open.

This thread is utterly ridiculous. Yeah that was a bad throw there. But do you people realize that he lost:

-his starting running back (on the Falcons)

-his second running back

-his top receiver (on the Bears)

-his second receiver (hung around Saints camp for a minute)

-his starting tight end (on the Patriots last I checked)

-his center (probably going to start for the Redskins

THIS IS HIS FIRST GAME WITH A BUNCH OF FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED TOGETHER AND IT ISN'T EVEN A PARTICULARLY GOOD RECRUITING CLASS AND IT'S AGAINST A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL OF COMPETITION.

I'm not gonna pull the "I watch every Wyoming game so I know more than you" card anymore but please, have some perspective. They're not going to be very good this year.

It's all about decision making and accuracy...all those other things are excuses...even though he didn't complete the TD pass, it was still a good decision and an accurate pass...therefore, don't blame the rest of the team when Allen makes poor decisions.

It's all about decision making and accuracy...all those other things are excuses...even though he didn't complete the TD pass, it was still a good decision and an accurate pass...therefore, don't blame the rest of the team when Allen makes poor decisions.

Agreed. But this game is the equivalent of watching an NFL QB play with practice squad guys against a starting NFL defense. People rushing to judge a guy based on this game is insane.

Ooo now talking UB

Yes Wyoming opening IN Iowa is a big game to open.

Well UB and Wyoming ARE BOTH mid majors.

Sure it may be a bigger game to Wyoming but let's not act like they are going to Ohio state, which UB has done. That's a big opener.

This is a game that I expected to be closer. It's a good challenge for Wyoming but it's not like going to a top college program and that's a fact. It's a tough game but winnable.

Iowa has some great 12-2 years but then they are mostly 8-5, 7-6.

A good program... but josh Allen certainly expected to win

Edited by Buffalo716

Agreed. But this game is the equivalent of watching an NFL QB play with practice squad guys against a starting NFL defense. People rushing to judge a guy based on this game is insane.

You would just expect a little bit more from a guy who people are saying is competing for the #1 overall pick in the draft...judging from this game, he reminds me a lot of EJ...

PS. as I typed this I just watched him skip a pass just like EJ...and then just watched him throw an INT just like EJ did to JJ Watt. LOL :w00t:

Edited by JaCrispy

I just can't believe people are now posting about every passing attempt when he has like 500 of them from last year for you to check out.

Well on that he should have never made that throw.

Had a clean pocket, started to bail, threw off back foot and trsuted arm. Way to much wrong with that Pick.

Sure it may be a bigger game to Wyoming but let's not act like they are going to Ohio state, which UB has done. That's a big opener.

This is a game that I expected to be closer. It's a good challenge for Wyoming but it's not like going to a top college program and that's a fact. It's a tough game but winnable

Cool lets go back to Drooling about Oklahoma State QB against Tulsa then

This is a game that I expected to be closer. It's a good challenge for Wyoming but it's not like going to a top college program and that's a fact. It's a tough game but winnable.

Iowa has some great 12-2 years but then they are mostly 8-5, 7-6.

A good program... but josh Allen certainly expected to win

It's almost as if no one is factoring in that every single skill position player he's playing with except for CJ Johnson, who dropped a touchdown, last played in a football game in high school. Last year's team would have been right in this game with Iowa. Oh well.

It's almost as if no one is factoring in that every single skill position player he's playing with except for CJ Johnson, who dropped a touchdown, last played in a football game in high school. Last year's team would have been right in this game with Iowa. Oh well.

Nobody here has put the dropped touchdown on Allen. We all accept that was a very nice play and throw.

Well on that he should have never made that throw.

Had a clean pocket, started to bail, threw off back foot and trsuted arm. Way to much wrong with that Pick.

Cool lets go back to Drooling about Oklahoma State QB against Tulsa then

Not sure if I'm a big fan of mason Rudolph.

He plays in a much more gimmicky offense. Sure in a big conference... but they don't believe in defense over there.

Josh Allen has intrigue because he has no real receivers and knows a pro style offense, with a big arm. He needs development but the coach isn't helping him by not recruiting better receivers

Read my last reply.

Not sure if I'm a big fan of mason Rudolph.

He plays in a much more gimmicky offense. Sure in a big conference... but they don't believe in defense over there.

Josh Allen has intrigue because he has no real receivers and knows a pro style offense, with a big arm. He needs development but the coach isn't helping him by not recruiting better receivers

Read my last reply.

They had incredible receivers last year. They all graduated. If you would've asked me before this season, I would've told you that their defense will be improved but their offense lost too many weapons. They will be worse than last year. Allen's numbers will probably be worse than last year. It's just frustrating- even the guy at halftime alluded to the "high-powered Wyoming offense." It's almost as if no one is paying attention to the actual circumstances. He did make some bad throws today- he's prone to those. But anyone who watched even today's game can see he has all the tools. Like I said, wait til they settle into their MWC schedule and his skill position players have a few college football games under their belts.

They had incredible receivers last year. They all graduated. If you would've asked me before this season, I would've told you that their defense will be improved but their offense lost too many weapons. They will be worse than last year. Allen's numbers will probably be worse than last year. It's just frustrating- even the guy at halftime alluded to the "high-powered Wyoming offense." It's almost as if no one is paying attention to the actual circumstances. He did make some bad throws today- he's prone to those. But anyone who watched even today's game can see he has all the tools. Like I said, wait til they settle into their MWC schedule and his skill position players have a few college football games under their belts.

That's why I said RECRUIT better receivers.

He lost them and his new receivers don't look that great. He should look phenomenal in the MWC... it's the MWC. It would've been nice to see against a power 5 team

The speed difference in defenses between conferences is a HUGE hurdle for Qb's trying to punch above their weight.... Only the absolute best of the best can overcome it, and that still takes the help of a veteran bunch on offense.

With a kid in Allen's situation, you look for improved numbers over the next few games, and greater confidence within his system.

The speed difference in defenses between conferences is a HUGE hurdle for Qb's trying to punch above their weight.... Only the absolute best of the best can overcome it, and that still takes the help of a veteran bunch on offense.

With a kid in Allen's situation, you look for improved numbers over the next few games, and greater confidence within his system.

Well he plays Gardner Webb next week lol so he better look like big ben

That's why I said RECRUIT better receivers.

He lost them and his new receivers don't look that great. He should look phenomenal in the MWC... it's the MWC. It would've been nice to see against a power 5 team

They were playing their first college football games. I wouldn't rush to judgment on MWC freshmen playing their first college football games at Big Ten schools with above average Big Ten defenses.

Well he plays Gardner Webb next week lol so he better look like big ben

Agreed! I'll be there.

It was. Tempted to say any chance of being the #1 pick went too. If he pulls it together he can still go very high because yes you can see tools but he needs to play a hell of a lot better than that.

Anyone who thought there was a serious chance he could go number one, probably doesn't watch a lot of CFB... I'd pay more attention to the Oregon game, if I were judging...

And remember that in CFB, it's not so much player vs. Player as it is system vs. system, and coach vs. Coach..

Anyone who thought there was a serious chance he could go number one, probably doesn't watch a lot of CFB... I'd pay more attention to the Oregon game, if I were judging...

And remember that in CFB, it's not so much player vs. Player as it is system vs. system, and coach vs. Coach..

Yea there was like no chance he goes #1 overall.

And as far as systems Iowa runs a pretty standard 43. And they were missing their best CB. I expect a bounce back but this was his game against a nfl style defense to show he deserved the hype

Yea there was like no chance he goes #1 overall.

And as far as systems Iowa runs a pretty standard 43. And they were missing their best CB. I expect a bounce back but this was his game against a nfl style defense to show he deserved the hype

You think NFL scouts care about 1 game? They look at the entire body of work since his HS playing days up until now to see how he's progressed throughout the years, then they start picking apart the flaws/character and then determine the grade on each of these QB's. There is so much to like about Allen, besides his size (6'5", 234 lbs. or so), he has the arm to throw it from one side of the field to the other with ease as he displayed today, now you don't want to see him doing that very often even if he can because in the NFL that's a pick 6 almost every time, he has a gun slinger mentality and sometimes he gets a bit reckless with it, he also can throw all the NFL throws from his entire body of work that I've watched so far, he hasn't perfected them all yet but after seeing him make the throws i have zero doubt in my mind with solid coaching this kid can be something special, I also feel this way about Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson, I know many people hate the way Jackson plays, I'm not necessarily a fan of running QB's but he also has a very good arm, he only completed 56% of his passes but an astounding 24.3% was a result of drops by WR/TE/RB, I'd like to see each drop and determine whether it was catchable or not. Also the OL for the Cards wasn't great as I recall, just my opinions.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

You think NFL scouts care about 1 game? They look at the entire body of work since his HS playing days up until now to see how he's progressed throughout the years, then they start picking apart the flaws/character and then determine the grade on each of these QB's. There is so much to like about Allen, besides his size (6'5", 234 lbs. or so), he has the arm to throw it from one side of the field to the other with ease as he displayed today, now you don't want to see him doing that very often even if he can because in the NFL that's a pick 6 almost every time, he has a gun slinger mentality and sometimes he gets a bit reckless with it, he also can throw all the NFL throws from his entire body of work that I've watched so far, he hasn't perfected them all yet but after seeing him make the throws i have zero doubt in my mind with solid coaching this kid can be something special, I also feel this way about Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson, I know many people hate the way Jackson plays, I'm not necessarily a fan of running QB's but he also has a very good arm, he only completed 56% of his passes but an astounding 24.3% was a result of drops by WR/TE/RB, I'd like to see each drop and determine whether it was catchable or not. Also the OL for the Cards wasn't great as I recall, just my opinions.

Obviously it's 1 game but it's concerning.

As for Lamar Jackson, I have watched a bunch of him. He is very fun to watch but his arm is not as good as Vicks. Vick had a special arm and a very crisp over the top snap release. Lamars arm is good but not as electric. He is taller and a very good runner as well so he is intriguing.

Darnold and Rosen 1-2 for me. With darnold not even gonna come out this year. Allen has potential but needs to clean a lot up

Obviously it's 1 game but it's concerning.

As for Lamar Jackson, I have watched a bunch of him. He is very fun to watch but his arm is not as good as Vicks. Vick had a special arm and a very crisp over the top snap release. Lamars arm is good but not as electric. He is taller and a very good runner as well so he is intriguing.

Darnold and Rosen 1-2 for me. With darnold not even gonna come out this year. Allen has potential but needs to clean a lot up

I don't like making comparisons to established NFL players, Vick was in a league of his own, I think he was a better runner than Jackson with a better arm than him also but I think Jackson is more of a polished thrower than Vick, Vick needed to work that part in where I don't think Jackson will have to. I agree with Darnold 1 and Rosen 2 but tell me why unless he wants to get a degree would Darnold elect to stay in school unless he wasn't considered a top 1-5 pick? It would make no sense for him not to make himself eligible unless like I said he doesn't get that high grade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.