Josh Allen on at noon

Buffalo Barbarian

It's not about the school it's about the player. How many QBs were good in the Air Raid and then flopped, but look at Mahomes now.

Lol, keep watching

...I know, I know, bro....slap me up, but the USC QB list has always intrigued (COUGH) me....and the Air Raid leprosy panic is a laugher....it's the spread and if a guy has IT "between his ears", he can transition nicely...Mariota ain't doing a bad job and his doctors said he does NOT have leprosy.......

He was on the run, don't know how your supposed to set you feet, ball was money.

that wasn't the point...it was that the commentator said it was "vintage Josh Allen"...meaning, that's what he is known for- by not setting his feet and throwing off his back foot.

Edited by JaCrispy

He just hasn't impressed me BB. The play that was called offensive holding the ball fluttered. The sideline throw at the start of the drive was inaccurate his receiver had to come back and half dive for it negating YAC potential and he was wide open the D was playing way off.

Edit: and I have no preference for spread v pro-style. I just don't think Allen has looked impressive here so far. Missed the 1st drive.

Edited by GunnerBill

He just hasn't impressed me BB. The play that was called offensive holding the ball fluttered. The sideline throw at the start of the drive was inaccurate his receiver had to come back and half dive for it negating YAC potential and he was wide open the D was playing way off.

Edit: and I have no preference for spread v pro-style. I just don't think Allen has looked impressive here so far. Missed the 1st drive.

At this point in time, Allen looks nothing better than a mid round pick to me...I recommend he stays in school.

Edited by JaCrispy

Whoa. I guess I was reinstated. Good timing. OK here's the deal. I live in Denver. I am a huge Wyoming football fan. I watch literally every game. I went to three of them last year and will go to more this year. As far as Allen is concerned, a few things here:

1. He lost like every offensive weapon he had last year- literally like four guys on NFL rosters right now. This is a young, inexperienced group he's playing with today- against a stout Big 10 defense. Regardless, they won't be as good as last year and he will probably put up worse numbers than he did last year.

2. You guys are aware last season was his first and only season as a D1 college football player, right?

3. His completion % was deceivingly low last year because they had virtually no screen/running back dump off passing game whatsoever. The vast, vast majority of his passes last year were thrown downfield.

Josh Allen should not be polarizing at all. He's a special talent. He has an absolute cannon, is big, strong, is a plus runner and throws across his body with more ease than any QB I've maybe ever seen. He's going to be an excellent pro.

Josh Allen should not be polarizing at all. He's a special talent. He has an absolute cannon, is big, strong, is a plus runner and throws across his body with more ease than any QB I've maybe ever seen. He's going to be an excellent pro.

This is the first full game of him I have seen. I can absolutely see at this stage why he is polarizing.

Whoa. I guess I was reinstated. Good timing. OK here's the deal. I live in Denver. I am a huge Wyoming football fan. I watch literally every game. I went to three of them last year and will go to more this year. As far as Allen is concerned, a few things here:

1. He lost like every offensive weapon he had last year- literally like four guys on NFL rosters right now. This is a young, inexperienced group he's playing with today- against a stout Big 10 defense. Regardless, they won't be as good as last year and he will probably put up worse numbers than he did last year.

2. You guys are aware last season was his first and only season as a D1 college football player, right?

3. His completion % was deceivingly low last year because they had virtually no screen/running back dump off passing game whatsoever. The vast, vast majority of his passes last year were thrown downfield.

Thank you. Love this kind of "behind the numbers" info.

Some felt the same way about guys like Paxton Lynch...and EJ Manuel

Ahhh all this from 1 half of play in the 1st game of the season. I cant believe you all are not employed by NFL teams.

sorry, my man...but there are analytics that say he is the most overrated QB in college football...don't take my word for it...just look at the numbers....people are getting too excited over his size and arm strength...it might not be as entertaining to watch, but I would take the Nate Petermans of the world over the Josh Allens any day...but of course, there is still time to improve...but Allen's improvement will have to be off the charts imo. And he has a very long way to go.

Edited by JaCrispy

This is the first full game of him I have seen. I can absolutely see at this stage why he is polarizing.

Again, if you read my full post, he's playing with all freshmen and sophomores- none of whom were big time recruits, mind you- in a big, loud Big 10 house. And it's his first game playing with them. Watch his highlight reels from last season. There's really nothing not to like about him, I promise you.

sorry, my man...but there are analytics that say he is the most overrated QB in college football...don't take my word for it...just look at the numbers....people are getting too excited over his size and arm strength...it might not be as entertaining to watch, but I would take the Nate Petermans of the world over the Josh Allens any day...but of course, there is still time to improve...but Allen's improvement will have to be off the charts imo. He has a very long way to go.

It's just difficult for me to take your word for it when I have either watched or attended every game he's played as a college QB. There is no hype. He is the real deal.

Again, if you read my full post, he's playing with all freshmen and sophomores- none of whom were big time recruits, mind you- in a big, loud Big 10 house. And it's his first game playing with them. Watch his highlight reels from last season. There's really nothing not to like about him, I promise you.

It's just difficult for me to take your word for it when I have either watched or attended every game he's played as a college QB. There is no hype. He is the real deal.

nothing? His 56% completions with those better receivers last year didn't look at that enticing.

Edited by JaCrispy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.